Cruise Creators #2 Clickbait on the High Seas

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
On the whole I do like Emma Cruises content, it's informative and generally she doesn't make her the focus when filming on board. But she's almost becoming a parody of herself. Every video intro is the same to the point its funny (I saw and did things I never expected on a cruise) and the videos are feeling more disjointed as she is splitting up each cruise into multiple videos ( i get why, but it doesnt help the narrative flow). She also focuses less on the ports and excursions, which are a big factor of cruising.

I'm not a big cruiser but used to watch all her videos as they were interesting, easy to watch and her on screen persona isn't annoying. But I'm skipping more and more as the focus seems to be quantity over quality.

I also notice she seems to know Trek Trendy who is another youtuber who has gone down hill in the last year or so. I find who hangs out with who quite telling.

Reactions: 3
On the whole I do like Emma Cruises content, it's informative and generally she doesn't make her the focus when filming on board. But she's almost becoming a parody of herself. Every video intro is the same to the point its funny (I saw and did things I never expected on a cruise) and the videos are feeling more disjointed as she is splitting up each cruise into multiple videos ( i get why, but it doesnt help the narrative flow). She also focuses less on the ports and excursions, which are a big factor of cruising.

I'm not a big cruiser but used to watch all her videos as they were interesting, easy to watch and her on screen persona isn't annoying. But I'm skipping more and more as the focus seems to be quantity over quality.

I also notice she seems to know Trek Trendy who is another youtuber who has gone down hill in the last year or so. I find who hangs out with who quite telling.
I'm just tired of seeing "most controversial" in most of the video titles. There is nothing controversial about any of the cabins she has stayed in or the cruise ships. All just for clicks. I don't click.

Reactions: 6
I'm just tired of seeing "most controversial" in most of the video titles. There is nothing controversial about any of the cabins she has stayed in or the cruise ships. All just for clicks. I don't click.
Problem is it's what drives the algorithm. Youtube/the Internet is driven by certain those types of key words.

It's why everyone has similar titles. It's also why her intros are all the same as the first 20 secs are meant to be grabbing attention.

You can tell she's done courses on it as it's the same info you see around a lot. I've done the same ones and been told the same info. Bland factual titles sadly don't cut it these days.

Problem is it takes away any individuality.

Problem is it's what drives the algorithm. Youtube/the Internet is driven by certain those types of key words.

It's why everyone has similar titles. It's also why her intros are all the same as the first 20 secs are meant to be grabbing attention.

You can tell she's done courses on it as it's the same info you see around a lot. I've done the same ones and been told the same info. Bland factual titles sadly don't cut it these days.

I can't stand Emma and I used to like her. She went way downhill after she went full time. The same two poses in thumbnails, monetizing her cat, travel vlogger/expert but can't travel alone, and it goes on.
I say it a lot, maybe in other threads and less here, but YouTube is an advertising platform. Anything else that comes out of it is happenstance.

Reactions: 6
Emma is insufferable now. She said in her instagram she wants to produce children's books about the bloody cat now! Who on earth would read those?! Don't worry though, they will of course be filled with her 'Britishisms' :rolleyes:😐.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 9
Emma is insufferable now. She said in her instagram she wants to produce children's books about the bloody cat now! Who on earth would read those?! Don't worry though, they will of course be filled with her 'Britishisms' :rolleyes:😐.
That’s daft. 😀

Reactions: 2
That's probably something she learned at Income School. She'll then tell everyone how she has 8 or 9 streams of income. I know women who are like 75 and travel by themselves, but Emma can't. A number of these folks seem like people nobody liked in school or where they worked, and they think they're showing everyone by "creating a community". It's essentially "pay me to vacation and pretend to be your friend".

A bit OT, but does anyone ever watch Grounded Life Cruises? They have other channels about Travel, Living in Thailand and one about Finance.
The Finance one intrigued me as they had one about retiring and traveling full time. I watched it and in it, they basically said fit everything want to keep owning in a couple of suitcases and backpacks, sell everything else, cut out unnecessary things (subscriptions, etc).
Then they went on about how they run 6 YT channels, the man does photography and a couple of other "passive income" things they didn't detail.
They also say they'll do Airbnb stuff for a month here, a month there and stuff, but that's not really traveling full time to me, and more importantly it's not really being retired, it's just a career change.

Reactions: 1
A bit OT, but does anyone ever watch Grounded Life Cruises? They have other channels about Travel, Living in Thailand and one about Finance.
The Finance one intrigued me as they had one about retiring and traveling full time. I watched it and in it, they basically said fit everything want to keep owning in a couple of suitcases and backpacks, sell everything else, cut out unnecessary things (subscriptions, etc).
Then they went on about how they run 6 YT channels, the man does photography and a couple of other "passive income" things they didn't detail.
They also say they'll do Airbnb stuff for a month here, a month there and stuff, but that's not really traveling full time to me, and more importantly it's not really being retired, it's just a career change.
Yeah, I see that in other places too. I don't know about this channel, but I listen to a guy on a radio show talk about how he retired at under 40. He isn't really retired, he owns and rents real estate has the radio show and also does roadshows where he pitches the program to others. Just a crareer change, not retired.

The same is true of YouTube, some channels travel full time and have some semi passive income, Kara and Nate come to mind, but they are still working. Just a different line of work. THere are very few forms of passive income and YouTube isn't one of them.

I saw someone bring it up to them, which got me thinking about it. Their answer was that retirement meant doing what they wanted to do and they want to do all these things. Um, OK?

Yeah, she is signed up with Project 24 from Income School. I saw a video where they interviewed her.

I llooked at their website after Emma mentioned them a few years ago. Some of these things just kind of rub me wrong, like if I remember right there was a story about one of the guys (from Income school) buying an RV or something then instantly made a website about RVs and monetized it. That mindset that you can't do anything simply to enjoy it, but it basically has to make you money is irritating to me.
I run my own business, by myself, and I've gone to conferences about running a business in the field I'm in. The folks who speak at these things use the word entrepreneur more than you've heard it before in your life and they all seem all about nothing but earning money.

Emma is not producing good content recently, and the awful subtitled videos are cringe.

She’s become a female Bembridge, completely unrelatable.

• Haha
Jeez, just looked at what Tony was up to and 6 days ago, he has a video talking about how things are tough for fat people, but the thumbnail says 400 lbs next to him. So, he's gained more weight? Wow, he looks terrible.
Screenshot 2023-10-20 at 3.35.08 PM.png

Also, his new glasses look like the ones George got on Seinfeld that Kramer told hime were ladies' glasses.
Screenshot 2023-10-20 at 3.37.06 PM.png

---
Apparently he also had some screed about how he got "yelled at" a few times on a cruise. I only checked out 3 of I think 4 of these instances and I doubt anyone yelled at him. One was on a shuttle bus. Apparently he was in the back, standing, talking and thought they were at the stop he wanted, so he got off the bus at the back, went to the front and asked if it was the 3rd stop. The bus driver said no it was the 1st one, but I guess that was yelling and she didn't have a full bus to get everywhere else. He then said the woman in the front seat yelled at him because he was gabbing and didn't listen to the stop numbers.
The last one was in a market or something. He was shooting video he said was in a double doorway with like a T bar in the middle. He was standing in the middle leaning on the bar. Some woman said something to him about him being in her way.
Woe is Tony, I guess he needs more superchats to make him feel better.

Last edited:
Been catching some of EECC latest vlogs. They have devolved into basically a mukbang channel. They start their vlogs with To Tight T giving a weather report then Drunk Dad repeating the report,then it's off for food (how many lobster rolls can you have on one cruise) then we see To Tight sad because the beavertail place is closed. Finally it's loaded poutine and a ice-cream cone on first stop in Canada. No views of port or town, no excursion and very little info on town.
Absolutely boring vlogs and it is really apparent they put very little effort into them. When will these cruise lines wake up to the fact that these vloggers aren't showing or promoting their ships.
---
Jeez, just looked at what Tony was up to and 6 days ago, he has a video talking about how things are tough for fat people, but the thumbnail says 400 lbs next to him. So, he's gained more weight? Wow, he looks terrible.
View attachment 2522082
Also, his new glasses look like the ones George got on Seinfeld that Kramer told hime were ladies' glasses.
View attachment 2522083
---
Apparently he also had some screed about how he got "yelled at" a few times on a cruise. I only checked out 3 of I think 4 of these instances and I doubt anyone yelled at him. One was on a shuttle bus. Apparently he was in the back, standing, talking and thought they were at the stop he wanted, so he got off the bus at the back, went to the front and asked if it was the 3rd stop. The bus driver said no it was the 1st one, but I guess that was yelling and she didn't have a full bus to get everywhere else. He then said the woman in the front seat yelled at him because he was gabbing and didn't listen to the stop numbers.
The last one was in a market or something. He was shooting video he said was in a double doorway with like a T bar in the middle. He was standing in the middle leaning on the bar. Some woman said something to him about him being in her way.
He keeps saying that he is succeeding in his quest to lose weight yet is only down like 2 lbs in two months plus of dieting.

View attachment 2522082
View attachment 2522083
---
Jeez, firstly he isn't fat, he is morbidly obese if he is 400lbs. So of course cruises are hard for him, everything in life must be hard for him. Humans aren't meant to carry around that much excess weight. Plus I doubt going on holiday so often does much to help the situation either

Been catching some of EECC latest vlogs. They have devolved into basically a mukbang channel. They start their vlogs with To Tight T giving a weather report then Drunk Dad repeating the report,then it's off for food (how many lobster rolls can you have on one cruise) then we see To Tight sad because the beavertail place is closed. Finally it's loaded poutine and a ice-cream cone on first stop in Canada. No views of port or town, no excursion and very little info on town.
Absolutely boring vlogs and it is really apparent they put very little effort into them. When will these cruise lines wake up to the fact that these vloggers aren't showing or promoting their ships.
Why do they give me WDW Couple (Travel with Josh & Taylor) vibes now? Lots of taking bites on camera and talking while still chewing...

• Sick
---

He keeps saying that he is succeeding in his quest to lose weight yet is only down like 2 lbs in two months plus of dieting.
We tried watching EECC a while back - could not take them....2 Tight T has disgusting manners, chews with her damn mouth open constantly, nasty! Drunk Dad thinks very highly of himself. She also tried to put out a weight loss channel and failed miserably.
---
---

Yeah, he loves to "spin" those numbers and make it sound like he's really doing well - he's not, his constantly trying to play the numbers game is going to kill him.

Last edited: