COVID-19 vaccine #6 and general vaccine conversation

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The Johnson and Johnson vaccine is only a single shot. They said this would be sufficient.

They then had the others which they said would be two shots and more effective than 1.

Then they decided actually you all need a booster.

And now last week Boris actually mumbles that they dont think 3 will be enough and we are most likely looking at more.

They cant afford to keep giving out six monthly free boosters to the UK so of course they will start charging eventually.

On the NHS the groups eligible for free flu jab are small and everyone else has to pay if they want it. How many people who are hardcore about the vaccines who wont be eligible to receive it for free will be willing to pay? While the flu is about £15 and not hugely expensive, to some it's a small fortune and many wont be able to afford it and some people would rather not pay for it as risk of flu to them is low, same with covid, the risk is generally low in people of good health.

I wouldn't be at all surprised if it coincided with the complete privatisation of the NHS as that will eventually crumble (no doubt blamed on the weight of covid and the unvaccinated) and therefore everything will be payable.

Of course to disguise this being the plan, those who chose not to have the vaccinations will continue to be hounded and blamed and abused etc.

Reactions: 8
Yeah. I think the only thing we're going to agree on is that we'll never agree about this.

Reactions: 2
New thread

Reactions: 1
To be fair, you're meant to get a PCR test if you've been in contact with someone who's tested positive when you're double jabbed and only go to work if the test is negative.
This is where they have played loose with their wording.

"You should still" implies that while you should, there's no actual requirement and you can carry on as normal. You don't even have to isolate.

Whereas unvaccinated, you have to either test and remain isolating till you get the result or isolate for 10 days and not test.

I'm also in that group and (currently sounding like muttley, laughing at tattle )nursing the cold from hell but it's getting better so no need to test ,there's also confirmed covid in my sons class but that's life if you can manage get on with it.

Reactions: 3
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.