Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Cupcakemum

VIP Member
It’s possible to feel sorry for people who’ve experienced covid symptoms, and any other viruses that lead to loss of smell and taste, and also feel that the world must not stop because some people have some symptoms.

The world shouldn’t stop because some people have long term symptoms to coronavirus. It’s part of life and we need to learn to live with it.

This has nothing to do with people being unvaccinated because both vaccinated and unvaccinated still spread and still suffer with covid symptoms. It’s part of life. Learn to live with it. This virus will never be eradicated even if 100% of the population is vaccinated it would still mutate and transmit. Time to stop chasing tales and live life again.
Absolutely!

And looky what we have here 👀 Lots of people who has suffered actual flu will know this, yet what help do they get?

Then what of the people that suffer from CFS? I'm sure that there are frontline/essential workers who suffer this, and yet it went ignored for years!
Enter long covid and clinics are set up almost immediately!
I'd be mighty pissed off if I'd suffered from CFS and my Dr had told me that I was imagining it all and sent on my way, to then see people diagnosed with long covid and get put straight on a waiting list for help

Reactions: 12

monga

VIP Member
Getting closer

If you’re not fully vaccinated or proof of recovery your kids don’t get to visit Santa in ROI :rolleyes:

Last edited:
  • Angry
  • Wow

Motherofpugs

Chatty Member
I’m feeling happy with my decision still. We’ve had some awful coughs and colds over the last few months - no idea if any of them have been COVID as we’ve never tested ourselves (the idea of having a pcr really freaks me out & I don’t want to contribute to numbers that influence what restrictive measures are placed on our lives either). I’m sure we must have had it by now with a child in nursery and we’ve always been going out and mixing as normal. We’ve recovered fine from everything we’ve had over the last couples of years, whether it’s been COVID or not. I take Vitamin D, C, Zinc & elderberry which helps.

Having the vaccine would make me more anxious than having Covid. I don’t think I could ever take it for an easy life as I would always worry about the health implications it would have for me especially as someone with an autoimmune condition.

I am mostly worried about restrictions coming back and vaccine passports. I think they will happen but it won’t change my decision.

• Heart
It’s always the ones with no kids that have such a strong opinion on vaccinated them. Priorities change when you become a parent.
For some older people who no longer have children in their families, children are just an inconvenience to them and germ spreaders. They can't seem to see it from the point of view of the parents, even though they were more than likely parents at some point themselves.

It's issues like these where the government should step in and make the tough decisions like protecting the young or the old, protecting health or finances.

Sadly I feel the gov have prioritised the health of people already at the ends of their lives over everything else, even the health of our children. These are very strange times and I think as parents we need to take the personal responsibility to protect our children from this even if the gov won't.

monga

VIP Member
Don't know why you say it's not popular for a person to make their own informed consent 🤷‍♀️

Notgonnalie

VIP Member
I think they're a drop in the ocean. I know several people who work in the NHS and they all had their jabs, earlier than most as they were entitled to be among some of the first due to the type of job they do and the fact they work with ill, vulnerable people.

I don't believe that a sizeable amount of frontline NHS staff have refused the jab.

The NHS needs more funding and the staff need to be paid better - this would attract more people to the job. I suspect more have quit out of sheer exhaustion and stress caused by the government's naff handling of the crisis. They're the ones who'll have blood on their hands.
8% of the nhs is unvaccinated. 116k employees. Not really a drop in the ocean when you’re the one needing the healthcare be it an appointment with gp, practice nurse, nurse led clinic, a bed in a ward, you’ll feel it and then you’ll realise it’s not really about your safety.

With Brexit and covid the nhs is already on its last breath, it takes years to train people into these roles it’s not a quick fix that an increase in salary would do.

Reactions: 11
I almost feel sorry for everyone who jumped through all the hoops, only to be told its not enough and more restrictions are on the way.

I wonder how many time this will happen before the majority will wake up and realise that the government tactic isn't working and going along with it is counter productive.

If we all just stop complying they'll have no option than using a different tactic. Like have the capability to treat people when they get sick. Rather than trying and failing to stop people getting sick. It's like the world wide version of the boy in the bubble.

Purrrrrrr

VIP Member
Yes I saw that post he put up! Imagine going through something so traumatising to then be attacked by covid cultists just because you dare mention that the vaccine may have caused you to go into premature labour! Absolutely disgusting!
It is disgusting how even speculating will get you slatted, we see it all the time on these threads. When we mentioned our own experiences with the vaccine we are asked for links and proof whereas anyone saying they are ill with covid or still suffer from covid will get a 100 "there there" and lots of sympathies. it's bizarre.

I actually am now believing they are willfully not seeing it because they just can't bear to see it.

• Heart

jackolantern

VIP Member
So I’m sure the people who are so happy to see unvaxxed medical staff forced out, will be the same level of happy when their life is on the line and there’s potentially no one to treat them?

No? Thought not.

Notgonnalie

VIP Member
Because the impact of those other diseases has been nothing like covid, that's why.
I know. The other diseases are much worse and much more transmissible.
Because the impact of those other diseases has been nothing like covid, that's why.

It's not just the people who've died from it (though I think making light of any death, regardless of how low the percentage is in poor taste) but also the amount of people who've been made seriously ill from it and have to be admitted to hospital, putting strain on an NHS that was already under pressure.
& there’s also a number of people who have been made seriously ill from the vaccine and died from the vaccine. Those people matter too. If you want your vaccine and all the boosters fill your boots but not everyone does and they should be equally respected.

EmilyChambers

VIP Member
The ‘covid’ passes are inevitable and they will eventually turn into social credit systems. I don’t know how they will drop the ‘covid’ part but I’m sure things will be clearer as time goes on. There will also be another pandemic in the 2020s (not related to covid) so this could (probably will) play a big part in it.
Need to watch what I post on this thread as I know some will say I’m talking about CTs but tbf I’m yet to see a covid related CT not be true 😂
But according to Boris's logic, two vaccines is no longer classed as fully vaccinated and that the booster will mean you are until they decide you need a 4th and a 5th and so on.

So are those with 1 or 2 vaccines also treated the same as those with no vaccinations as they aren't considered fully vaccinated?

I'm used to the scorn. I mentioned very early on that we would be expected to have twice yearly boosters, eventually at our expense, and vaccination passports to allow access to different things, depending on level of vaccine and was told I was a hysterical Conspiracy Theorist.

I like being right 😄

StrawberryCream

VIP Member
Ah mate don't get me started on the food! It cracks me up no end. God forbid you have 10mg too much caffeine but an experimental vaccine that 6 months ago was strongly advised against in pregnancy and even in the official NHS leaflets now, they admit they can't guarantee it's safe? Well fuck yeah gimmie that shit! :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:
I was on the pregnancy threads up until April and I was actually shocked at how many ‘couldn’t wait’ to get the vaccine, but the same ones were so sad they couldn’t eat Brie and drink coffee. A separate thread had to be made for pregnancy and vaccines because the thread would get derailed every day with it

• Wow

StrawberryCream

VIP Member
I would bet a high amount of money that he hasn’t even had 1 vaccine dose though, they know it’s all bullshit. Same with the masks when they rip them off and laugh as soon as they think the cameras are turned off, they are laughing at us gullible fools.

• Haha

Lisdiz

VIP Member
I just think it's irresponsible to put patients at risk.

If I had a relative who caught covid off a midwife in hospital, or from a home visit, and suffered serious health complications as a result (or worse) I know how I'd feel about the person who put them in that position.

Yes and they also realise that when they quit there will be less staff to look after the patients. But point scoring seems more important to them.
You really do have a blinkered out look on life and seem to lack empathy. How do you know if the midwife was unvaxxed? She may have been BEING AS IT DOESN’T STOP TRANSMISSION……

• Haha

Lisdiz

VIP Member
I've had both jabs and I'm still alive. I've got my booster next week. I'll let you know if I survive that. :D

Joking aside, every medicine has some possible side effects and risk. But that doesn't make them all automatically 'bad'.

Everything in life has a risk. I think refusing a covid vaccine simply because you might get a blood clot is like saying you'll never leave your house again because you might get run over by a car.
Not really the same is it. Not leaving the house vs experimental so called vaccine.
I don’t take medication because I am healthy and also because I don’t feel side effects from the drugs are worth it. So to me, they are kinda bad…….Obviously if it was a life threatening condition i would have to revise and update the risk factors, but for me a holistic approach is what I go for.
Also looking after myself the best I can.
I feel many people rely on medication to fix things that a healthier diet would cure.

• Heart
  • Haha

ChloeBee

I think they're a drop in the ocean. I know several people who work in the NHS and they all had their jabs, earlier than most as they were entitled to be among some of the first due to the type of job they do and the fact they work with ill, vulnerable people.

I don't believe that a sizeable amount of frontline NHS staff have refused the jab.

The NHS needs more funding and the staff need to be paid better - this would attract more people to the job - improving patient care and staff morale. I suspect more have quit out of sheer exhaustion and stress caused by the government's naff handling of the crisis. The government are the ones who'll have blood on their hands.
I work for the NHS. Our trust has a lot higher than 8% unvaccinated. We also have constant vacancies in most teams and have done for the last 2 years, we have a high turnover and particularly the past year or so have found it increasingly difficult to fill vacancies, we have jobs that have been vacant 3 months, 1 year and so on. We have had vacancies that get a handful of applicants if lucky.. Contrary to what people believe people arent flocking to jobs, certainly not NHS. Add in losses from brexit, the grant for student nurses/midwives etc being sacked off/tuition fees, high levels of sickness, covid absences eg; isolating. If you have a trust with even 'only' 10-15% unjabbed when you add in everything else it is not a drop in the ocean. And just to add that even with the vaccinations and booster we have huge amounts of staff transmitting it and testing positive and being off sick🤷🏼‍♀️

• Sad