COVID-19 vaccine #19 & general vaccine conversation

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Posters here are understandably very suspicious about being lied to or manipulated by people with an agenda.

Just putting it out there that you should extend this skepticism to John Campbell.

John Campbell is a nurse with a PhD in "online education" who initially promoted accurate educational videos in the pandemic. He gradually moved to pushing conspiracy theories & other clickbait - most of the claims in his videos are not true, but get lots of views.

Because his channel is monetised, he makes £10,000+ each month, and is therefore actively incentivised to push controversial content. Honest, boring reporting doesn't get clicks, scary extreme content does. His latest video is no exception to this.

Something to consider 🤷‍♀️
He doesn’t claim to be an expert he’s got a big disclaimer on his bio, I wouldn’t go as far as calling him a conspiracist because he discuses articles already in the public domain on his channel, it’s odd he was only labelled as such once he stopped pushing the vaccine and invited those with injuries and reservations onto his channel 🤔
Would you say the same of Whitty, Vallance, Van Tam and Harries all getting handsomely rewarded for backing the government even though it went against public health 🙄

Last edited:
Reactions: 10
Posters here are understandably very suspicious about being lied to or manipulated by people with an agenda.

Just putting it out there that you should extend this skepticism to John Campbell.

He's a nurse with a PhD in "online education" who initially promoted accurate educational videos in the pandemic. He gradually moved to pushing conspiracy theories & other clickbait - most of the claims in his videos are not true, but get lots of views.

Because his channel is monetised, he makes £10,000+ each month, and is therefore actively incentivised to push controversial content. Honest, boring reporting doesn't get clicks, scary exaggerated content does. His latest video is no exception to this.

Exactly. It's a job to a lot of people and once they figure out the YouTube algorithm (i.e. what behaviour and content increases clicks/views and therefore revenue) most of them produce content that exploits said algorithm.

Next he'll start creating video thumbnails where he places a hand over his mouth with a faux shocked expression, along with titles such as: "YOU'LL NEVER BELIEVE THIS!" or "LATEST VACCINE LIE EXPOSED!"

🤭

He's a nurse with a PhD in "online education" who initially promoted accurate educational videos in the pandemic. He gradually moved to pushing conspiracy theories & other clickbait - most of the claims in his videos are not true, but get lots of views.

Because his channel is monetised, he makes £10,000+ each month, and is therefore actively incentivised to push controversial content. Honest, boring reporting doesn't get clicks, scary exaggerated content does. His latest video is no exception to this.

I’ve said this so many times about Dr John Campbell. He is not a medical doctor to begin with, nor is he that knowledgeable in the field of epidemiology.

He does not always make accurate conclusions regarding the research studies he includes in his videos and has been flagged up by other scentists about this. I don’t think it is wise for someone to make a video about something that is not in their field (disclaimer or not) and should be left for those who are qualified.

Reactions: 2
I wonder if John ever has on people who were glad they took the vaccine and didn't suffer any side effects.

You know, for balance. :D

I wonder if John ever has on people who were glad they took the vaccine and didn't suffer any side effects.

You know, for balance. :D
John was the vaccines biggest advocate 😂 or had he an agenda then too 🙄 as he clearly states his opinions are changing with the updated guidance and data .

I’ve said this so many times about Dr John Campbell. He is not a medical doctor to begin with, nor is he that knowledgeable in the field of epidemiology.

He does not always make accurate conclusions regarding the research studies he includes in his videos and has been flagged up by other scentists about this. I don’t think it is wise for someone to make a video about something that is not in their field (disclaimer or not) and should be left for those who are qualified.
His doctorate is in lecturing.
E62D860B-8343-495F-B4BB-7E42A2D3826D.jpeg

Reactions: 5
He has many vids from all sources if you care to check them out, even interviews health pros from around the world.
I'd rather not give someone like him clicks and money to be honest. It's all anti vax stuff as far as I can tell - which is fine, he's entitled to his views and is entitled to make all the videos he wants about them.

I know, that’s what I meant about him. The Dr part in his title is not for medical doctor, it is a PhD. Some people in the comments section seem to think he is a doctor.
Well maybe they should check out what they’re watching as it’s clearly stated for all to see🤷🏼‍♀️

Reactions: 3
I'd rather not give someone like him clicks and money to be honest. It's all anti vax stuff as far as I can tell - which is fine, he's entitled to his views and is entitled to make all the videos he wants about them.
It’s not antivaxx at all it’s getting all aspects of covid vaccine experiences .

Reactions: 5
I know, that’s what I meant about him. The Dr part in his title is not for medical doctor, it is a PhD. Some people in the comments section seem to think he is a doctor (medical).
Oh yeah that's actually quite misleading, especially as he has "Dr" in all his social media usernames.

I don't add "BSc" to my username. :D

It’s not antivaxx at all it’s getting all aspects of covid vaccine experiences .
Are you his PA or something? 😂

I personally think Dr John needs to take personal responsibility and not make videos on topics which are not in his field. 🤷🏻‍♀️
That’s why there’s the option not to watch if you don’t want to hear what he’s talking about .

Oh yeah that's actually quite misleading, especially as he has "Dr" in all his social media usernames.

Are you his PA or something? 😂
Maybe! Just as you’re Pfizer’s outdated information rep 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 4
That’s why there’s the option not to watch if you don’t want to hear what he’s talking about .
Again he should not be making videos which are seen by hundred of thousands, if not millions on topics he is not well informed on. The fact he has made wrong conclusions on more than one occasion says it all. 🤷🏻‍♀️

Nor do I add my degrees to my name but maybe I should. 🫠

• Sick
Reactions: 1
Nor do I add my degrees to my name but maybe I should. 🫠
They’d love it here if you did. 😉

But yeah, he’s making medical videos with “Dr” in his username. He knows what he’s doing. I know he’s technically not lying (hence why YT would allow it) but it’s not unreasonable to assume at least some of his viewers will think he’s a medical doctor.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.