COVID-19 vaccine #19 & general vaccine conversation

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Looks like that thread died a death long ago šŸ˜‚ shame as thereā€™s so many obviously enthusiastic about science around here hopefully it takes off again.

For the record my issue isnā€™t people posting relevant vaccine articles here to discuss, I just think itā€™s dicky when they are posted quoting someone else to tell them theyā€™re wrong it just comes across very ā€œIā€™m right, youā€™re wrong, your opinions irrelevantā€ (IMO).
Not quite as such posts are not followed by I told you so or you are wrong.

It was science and medicine was quoted ,this thread is mainly SM based nobody was interested in scientific journals hence the other thread was set up, I notice there was someone on there claiming to be a scientist when a newspaper article about them said they worked for the council planning dept šŸ˜‚
If people aren't interested in scientific journals about vaccines, then they should just skip over the post, rather than saying they have no place here. That's all I'm saying.

• Haha
Reactions: 2
If people aren't interested in scientific journals about vaccines, then they should just skip over the post, rather than saying they have no place here. That's all I'm saying.
Shouldnā€™t they also skip over the ā€œanti vaxx shiteā€ too then?

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Shouldnā€™t they also skip over the ā€œanti vaxx shiteā€ too then?
If they don't want to reply to it of course they should skip over it.

I personally do want to reply to "anti vaxx shite" because I see it as misinformation.

My GP surgery know very well we donā€™t vaccinate. We never have done and theyā€™ve never gone to any effort to try and convince us otherwise theyā€™ve always been respectful. Now Iā€™ve started getting these texts! Never had them any other year and theyā€™ve used text service for other things so I know itā€™s not new.

5F890352-691F-44E9-AA03-2805EC6CAC50.jpeg

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 4
Iā€™m saying thatā€™s why the other thread was set up, if I remember correctly the mod was reluctant to have another covid thread but the scientists wanted it to discuss their journals as nobody on here was interested in reading hundreds of pages of gobbledygook that only those in science would understand or take interest in.

My GP surgery know very well we donā€™t vaccinate. We never have done and theyā€™ve never gone to any effort to try and convince us otherwise theyā€™ve always been respectful. Now Iā€™ve started getting these texts! Never had them any other year and theyā€™ve used text service for other things so I know itā€™s not new.

View attachment 1574819
Yeah I'm getting them as well. I also had another letter basically telling me I needed to take my son in for his boosters. The tone has definitely changed in recent years. It seems a lot more aggressive.

Yeah I'm getting them as well. I also had another letter basically telling me I needed to take my son in for his boosters. The tone has definitely changed in recent years. It seems a lot more aggressive.
Iā€™m going to call in later today and ask them to stop! Itā€™s funny they have systems to take care of this and can get an appointment so quickly for a jab yet my mother in law has waited 3 years for what should be her 6 monthly blood pressure review! Same nurse who carries out the clinics so thereā€™s no excuse. Covid was the excuse for the last few years, sheā€™s finally got an appointment for this week though so hopefully itā€™ll go ahead šŸ˜‘

If they don't want to reply to it of course they should skip over it.

I personally do want to reply to "anti vaxx shite" because I see it as misinformation.
How is it misinformation for someone to not want the vaccine?! I havenā€™t spread any ā€œmisinformationā€ only my personal experiences - like most people here have. Do you get paid to be a fact checker?

Reactions: 6
Iā€™m going to call in later today and ask them to stop! Itā€™s funny they have systems to take care of this and can get an appointment so quickly for a jab yet my mother in law has waited 3 years for what should be her 6 monthly blood pressure review! Same nurse who carries out the clinics so thereā€™s no excuse. Covid was the excuse for the last few years, sheā€™s finally got an appointment for this week though so hopefully itā€™ll go ahead šŸ˜‘

How is it misinformation for someone to not want the vaccine?! I havenā€™t spread any ā€œmisinformationā€ only my personal experiences - like most people here have. Do you get paid to be a fact checker?
They seem to be more interested in vaccinating people then actually seeing them for illnesses they do have.

I hate the term "misinformation" became who is anyone to decide what is misinformation and what is not, given the times we're living through. There's misinformation on both sides of fence. It's up to the individual to decide what they want to do.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
It's not misinformation to not want the vaccine. Saying "I don't want the vaccine" is completely fine - just like Kittylover did earlier.

I was referring to people posting links to anti vaccine Twitter posts. I will often challenge the content of those if I think they're inaccurate and that's fine because if someone posts a link then they're inviting others to comment on the content.

It's not misinformation to not want the vaccine. Saying "I don't want the vaccine" is completely fine - just like Kittylover did earlier.

I was referring to people posting links to anti vaccine Twitter posts. I will often challenge the content of those if I think they're inaccurate and that's fine because if someone posts a link then they're inviting others to comment on the content.
Interesting, I havenā€™t done any of those things but you said to me yesterday you wonā€™t fall for my anti vaxx shite.

Reactions: 3
Interesting, I havenā€™t done any of those things but you said to me yesterday you wonā€™t fall for my anti vaxx shite.
Lol that phrase really seems to have bothered you. I think you've used it three times today alone. šŸ˜‚

Lol that phrase really seems to have bothered you. I think you've used it three times today alone. šŸ˜‚
Yea it has, spent the last 24 hours crying. Most people would apologise when they get something wrong but we know your egos too big for that šŸ˜€.

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.