COVID-19 vaccine #19 & general vaccine conversation

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
This is what I mean @monga - I'm not accusing you of cherry picking. How could I when we're not in a conversation when you're giving examples? This doesn't make any sense.

I said that yes policy decisions can use smaller samples of data but this isn't best practise, and is considered cherry picking (particularly if you're ignoring data that doesn't align with your findings).
But you're ignoring everyone elses lived experiences , then when facts are pointed out you're gaslighting , you said the other posters account of transmission couldn't be right as it was such a small number , I simply pointed out the ONS use small sample sizes too , how does it not make sense ?
I can't wait to be proved wrong once people no longer catch and transmit with the new roll out ...remember we heard it here first 😂

Reactions: 6
Nobody knows what these vaccines do to the body short or long-term . People can waffle that there is robust data until the cows come home but THIS QUITE CLEARLY IS IMPOSSIBLE AND UNTRUE.
Time will tell.
Hopefully long-term studies are favourable but we must never blindly trust . Remember thalidomide, tainted blood and many more " safe and tested" medical tragedies and subsequent cover ups.

Reactions: 14
But you're ignoring everyone elses lived experiences , then when facts are pointed out you're gaslighting , you said the other posters account of transmission couldn't be right as it was such a small number , I simply pointed out the ONS use small sample sizes too , how does it not make sense ?
I can't wait to be proved wrong once people no longer catch and transmit with the new roll out ...remember we heard it here first 😂
@monga

I think it's you who's doing the gaslighting here - I've never said someones personal account is wrong or incorrect.

I'm pointing out health policy decisions are not driven by anecdotes when we have robust data available.

@monga

I think it's you who's doing the gaslighting here - I've never said someones personal account is wrong or incorrect.

I'm pointing out health policy decisions are not driven by anecdotes when we have robust data available.
There is no robust data ? share it here

Reactions: 2
They are studies with concrete data and results. 😭 Not plucked out of thin air.
I didn't say they were plucked from thin air. I'm simply saying anything I've read had a lot of coulds and maybe's I've never saw anything concrete on here or anywhere else as of yet, even Vallance and Whitty couldn't give any assurances about anything .

Reactions: 4
The vaccine rollout started here in December 2020, so how anyone can say it's experimental (like it's some new drug that hardly anyone has taken) is beyond me.

The vaccine rollout started here in December 2020, so how anyone can say it's experimental (like it's some new drug that hardly anyone has taken) is beyond me.
Isn't every mix a new drug ? a new formula to be rolled out again , the reason why they're still being reported on and monitored ?

Reactions: 1
I find it interesting comments against the vaccine are being allowed now. I tried many times when the vaccine rollout began to urge people to look into it. See what was in the damn thing. Messages from mods and general abuse. Interesting

Not on this forum?
I have been here since Feb 2021 a week or so after my friend died right after her 1st vaccine and have always been allowed to speak about it and I am 100% antivax and never had any problems saying so. here on Tattle
Might have been called a few choice things but never been censored here. Unlike other forums where I have been laughed at and banned for daring to talk about my friend. who was very excited to get her 1st vaccine on the 12th of Feb and died either that night or the early hours of the next morning.

Her last FB post. She was so damn happy

1663044072796.png

Oh piss off with that lie. People have always allowed to talk negatively about the vaccine.

You many times insisted on derailing influencers threads with vaccine talk. It's irrelevant if they were pro or anti vaccine posts - you were clearly told to stop derailing influencer threads and instead use the covid ones.
Ahh this explains it. I don't talk vaccines outside of the threads designed to talk about it unless the conversation comes up naturally.

Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: 8
This thread has certainly rolled back a year or so these last two days. It's like groundhog day. Anyone still pushing "the vaccine works as it should" mantra has been living under a rock.

Kudos to those still carrying on. but IMO Anyone who still believes the vaccines worked as they were intended isn't really worth the back and forth with,

Another distraction.

• Heart
Reactions: 13
This thread has certainly rolled back a year or so these last two days. It's like groundhog day. Anyone still pushing "the vaccine works as it should" mantra has been living under a rock.

Kudos to those still carrying on. but IMO Anyone who still believes the vaccines worked as they were intended isn't really worth the back and forth with,

Another distraction.
Yes defending and arguing for a vaccine that quite clearly doesn't work and has caused untold misery and damage to the world is quite frankly repulsive. If you want to put that stuff in your body still then no one is stopping you but don't come on this thread and start attacking the people who quite rightly don't want this injection. That's all I'm willing to say on the matter.

• Heart
  • Sick
Reactions: 12

Another distraction.
So you should only talk to people you agree with?

I think spreading lies and misinformation about the vaccine not working is repulsive.

Do we know yet what makes one more susceptible of going on to develop VITT after vaccination? Or is it just a case of really bad luck. It seems the cases that have been highlighted of VITT have been in relatively fit, young healthy people with their whole lives ahead of them. It affects younger people more than older people statistically from what I understand.

For me (as an individual) I know covid is incredibly unlikely to make me so ill I would require any medical assistance or treatment. When I did have covid my biggest complaint and symptom was boredom. So for me as an individual, I don’t feel the benefits outweigh the risks - no matter how small they are, in fact I feel the risks aren’t worth taking in my circumstances.

Reactions: 6
So you should only talk to people you agree with?

I think spreading lies and misinformation about the vaccine not working is repulsive.
You always without fail miss my point. have a lovely day.

Reactions: 5
You always without fail miss my point. have a lovely day.
You said:

“Anyone who still believes the vaccines worked as they were intended isn't really worth the back and forth with”

In other words, don’t speak to people who hold a different viewpoint. And you always then without fail storm off with insincere wishes - you don’t care what sort of day I have. 😂

So yeah it is like Groundhog Day, I agree with that part at least.

Do we know yet what makes one more susceptible of going on to develop VITT after vaccination? Or is it just a case of really bad luck. It seems the cases that have been highlighted of VITT have been in relatively fit, young healthy people with their whole lives ahead of them. It affects younger people more than older people statistically from what I understand.

For me (as an individual) I know covid is incredibly unlikely to make me so ill I would require any medical assistance or treatment. When I did have covid my biggest complaint and symptom was boredom. So for me as an individual, I don’t feel the benefits outweigh the risks - no matter how small they are, in fact I feel the risks aren’t worth taking in my circumstances.
When covid first started I did SD and shield as I am classed as CEV .. but that only lasted a month maybe a little more. Since then I have been around the kids most days with their lurgys, my friends and my daughter who had covid. Now I'm not saying I've not been ill in that time, I have a few times. if it was covid it was not bad enough to make me see anyone or even worry about it.

When covid first started I did SD and shield as I am classed as CEV .. but that only lasted a month maybe a little more. Since then I have been around the kids most days with their lurgys, my friends and my daughter who had covid. Now I'm not saying I've not been ill in that time, I have a few times. if it was covid it was not bad enough to make me see anyone or even worry about it.
Yea we’re around bugs and colds all the time (with 2 kids at school it’s inevitable) and covid for us was nothing, I’d rather it than the cold judging by my own experience 😂

Reactions: 4
"She began testing Cutter’s samples in August 1954 and continued through November, according to a later report in the Congressional Record. She found that three of the six samples paralyzed test monkeys.
“What do you think is wrong with these monkeys?” she asked a colleague, Offit recounted.
“They were given polio,” the colleague replied.
“No,” Eddy said. “They were given the … vaccine.”
Eddy’s discovery suggested that Cutter’s manufacturing process was flawed. Its vaccine should have contained only killed virus.
She reported her findings to William Workman, head of the NIH Laboratory of Biologics Control.
But amid the scientific and bureaucratic chaos, Workman never told the licensing committee, Offit wrote.
Starting on the evening of April 12, 1955, batches of the Salk vaccine made by five drug firms were shipped out in boxes marked “POLIO VACCINE: RUSH.” ""
Another safe and effective rushed vaccine tale.

I don't feel any of us need to defend or explain our posts, despite the heckling, unless we want to of course.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.