COVID-19 vaccine #17 & general vaccine conversation

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I think it’s more to do with Beryl did not say a word regarding her views on the vaccines. Her granddaughter did all the talking.
Indeed.

I also don't really like that it was right outside a place where people who have chosen to get vaccines go to. I hope they weren't enforcing their views on people who just wanted to get their jab.

If someone tried that with me, my response to them would be a lot less polite than I am on here. :D

It seems it's OK to question the vaccines, but not OK to question anything else...

Haha that person must think the granddaughter has had a tough life. Maybe cause she's anti vaxx... That's a joke before people get annoyed. :p
Pro vaxx see conspiracies in everything 😂

Reactions: 5
I think it’s more to do with Beryl did not say a word regarding her views on the vaccines. Her granddaughter did all the talking.
And what’s wrong with that? That’s usually what chaperones do. Some people don’t feel confident or articulate enough to do an interview with a reporter it can be quite a daunting and nerve wracking experience. Why can we not respect her choice? If she was there against her will I’m sure she wouldn’t of complied for the interview to go ahead or to hold the placard in the first place. She is seen to nod and say yea towards the end of the clip. I can see it, if you or your friend cant then that’s fine.

Indeed.

I also don't really like that it was right outside a place where people who have chosen to get vaccines go to. I hope they weren't enforcing their views on people who just wanted to get their jab.

If someone tried that with me, my response to them would be a lot less polite than I am on here. :D
Yes I noticed that too. It looked like an NHS vaccination centre.

I would not appreciate this happening either. It wasn’t that long ago when Covid anti vaxxers stormed into vaccination centres/testing centres trying to cause havoc.

Reactions: 1
Yes I noticed that too. It looked like an NHS vaccination centre.

I would not appreciate this happening either. It wasn’t that long ago when Covid anti vaxxers stormed into vaccination centres/testing centres trying to cause havoc.
Yeah exactly. I have the same view when it comes to anti abortion protestors planting themselves right outside abortion clinics.

I understand some abortion clinics have buffer zones to prevent that, but not all.

Yeah exactly. I have the same view when it comes to anti abortion protestors planting themselves right outside abortion clinics.

I understand some abortion clinics have buffer zones to prevent that, but not all.
Have you seen how prevalent this is in USA. So many of them set up camp outside the abortion clinics and harass the clinicians and the patients.

Reactions: 1
Yep and I said that if it's her choice then more power to her. I was just raising a question.

After all, I'm pretty sure if the situation were reversed -- i.e. an elderly lady was holding a pro vaccine sign, yet her granddaughter did all the talking in the interview -- some of you would be raising similar questions. Most people here are used to questioning things. I'm just saying.
I really don’t think anybody would. Im sorry but you’re really reaching. Like really reaching.

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Have you seen how prevalent this is in USA. So many of them set up camp outside the abortion clinics and harass the clinicians and the patients.
Yeah, I'm fine with people having their views, but trying to enforce them directly on people who haven't asked for it is wrong.

I really don’t think anybody would. Im sorry but you’re really reaching. Like really reaching.
Oh they would. :D But yeah we're not gonna agree on this, so best to move on.

I’m sure if they were verbally harassing people outside the vaccination centre the police would’ve been involved. I don’t see anything wrong in holding a sign up ,you can choose not to read it .

Oh they would. :D But yeah we're not gonna agree on this, so best to move on.
Oh look there you are, speaking on behalf of people without discussion?! 🙄 as far as I know no one who has had the vaccine has had to defend their choice. It’s seen and touted as “the right thing to do”, “protecting the nhs” etc. People who chose not to have the vaccines have had to defend why they didn’t have them or want them and face the court of public opinion because we’ve all been labelled granny killers and stopping life returning to normal. We’ve been told we might lose our jobs, told we can’t enter restaurants or certain buildings, told we can’t visit certain countries, all in an attempt to coerce people into getting it. Good on Beryl and her grand daughter for having the strength to stand there and be heard, it makes a change.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Oh look there you are, speaking on behalf of people without discussion?! 🙄 as far as I know no one who has had the vaccine has had to defend their choice. It’s seen and touted as “the right thing to do”, “protecting the nhs” etc. People who chose not to have the vaccines have had to defend why they didn’t have them or want them and face the court of public opinion because we’ve all been labelled granny killers and stopping life returning to normal. We’ve been told we might lose our jobs, told we can’t enter restaurants or certain buildings, told we can’t visit certain countries, all in an attempt to coerce people into getting it. Good on Beryl and her grand daughter for having the strength to stand there and be heard, it makes a change.
Are you kidding? A lot of people here are constantly on at those who've had the vaccine, calling them brainwashed, etc.

Heaven forbid we be allowed to choose what's right for us.

Are you kidding? A lot of people here are constantly on at those who've had the vaccine, calling them brainwashed, etc.

Heaven forbid we be allowed to choose what's right for us.
On a forum discussing vaccines doesn’t restrict your real life in any way. I highly doubt anyone in real life ever questioned you or called you anything.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.