COVID-19 vaccine #14 & general vaccine conversation

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I'm talking more generally. A lot of people who say "we must have freedom of speech" means "I should be allowed to say what I want without consequence or reply".

Ain't gonna happen. :D
Without consequence? 🧐 What a strange thing to say. Free speech is a human right and you cannot silence people because you don’t agree with them. Well mabye you think we should? I know a lot of pro vax people wanted to strip people of their human rights when they were for mandatory vaccines so I’m sure it doesn’t stop there for a lot of you.

Reactions: 10
Why should people not be allowed to make videos on things that (you think) they don’t understand? Isn’t it up to the viewer to make the decision on their beliefs based on what they watch. 😐 There are so many videos on YouTube where the person is talking about a subject they clearly know nothing about, do I think they should be banned, no. You are so clearly against free speech aren’t you? 😬
Exactly! There’s also lots of viewers that don’t know what they’re talking about even if they are an expert, people have their own take on things.

Whitty and Valance have spoken with more clarity than the politicians.

I don’t think they don’t understand. I know they don’t understand as he has been called out by qualified epidemiologists and researchers in the field.

I am against inaccuracy and misinformation. Big difference.
Charity but not accuracy, different thing entirely.

Reactions: 3
Without consequence? 🧐 What a strange thing to say. Free speech is a human right and you cannot silence people because you don’t agree with them. Well mabye you think we should? I know a lot of pro vax people wanted to strip people of their human rights when they were for mandatory vaccines so I’m sure it doesn’t stop there for a lot of you.
Well, without consequence means they feel no action should be taken against them. For example, if a doctor posted dangerous medical advice online, their employer might want to take action against them.

And nope, I don't think people should be silenced just because I disagree with them. For example, I haven't suggested you should be silenced for disagreeing with me, have I? Say what you like - this is a discussion board after all - and I keep visiting this place knowing I'll read stuff I disagree with.

On the contrary, I like discussing stuff. I have nothing against you as a person just because I disagree with you a lot. I'm sure we'd also agree on lots of other things -- i.e. outside the covid, vaccine and CT sphere!

Reactions: 1
Oh you must know because the qualified epidemiologists and researchers that you listen to are more clever and more superior than the rest of us 🤭 Imagine a world full of people like you, everyone silenced and banned for ‘misinformation’, no one allowed to question the narrative that’s pushed. Thank god people like you are in a minority.
Never said anyone is more clever/superior.

Actually you’ll find people like me are in the majority. 👍🏻

• Haha
Of course freedom of speech can come with consequences. You are free to say whatever you want - that doesn’t mean people will lie down and accept it and you’re very naive if you truly believe that.
I’m vaccinated but don’t believe it should be mandatory, however people who choose not to be vaccinated shouldn’t expect to be treated the same as those that are.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 9
I’m vaccinated but don’t believe it should be mandatory, however people who choose not to be vaccinated shouldn’t expect to be treated the same as those that are.
Why? When the vaccine doesn’t stop you catching and spreading covid I still find this a bizarre view to have. Hopefully you don’t end up with any side effects due to your vaccines then, as you wouldn’t be able to get your next shot and then in your view, shouldn’t be treated the same as a fully vaccinated person. 😐

Reactions: 11
They are accurate in what they have said since they are qualified in dealing with pandemics unliked Dr John Campbell or a randon person from Twitter.
What pandemics did they deal with prior to this one that made them accurate and qualified ,I think you mean guess work ie modelling ,most of which didn't happen ...Dr J doesn't claim to be qualified .

Of course freedom of speech can come with consequences. You are free to say whatever you want - that doesn’t mean people will lie down and accept it and you’re very naive if you truly believe that.
I think you'll find everyone is being treated the same now even hospital inpatients will be mixed according to recent press reports ...don't know what year you're still living in .

Do these people think having these views are normal? I’d actually be so embarrassed to be seen as such a fascist 🤢 I suppose that’s why they are all here anonymously, so they can’t really be judged for having these views.

Reactions: 10
What pandemics did they deal with prior to this one that made them accurate and qualified ,I think you mean guess work ie modelling ,most of which didn't happen ...Dr J doesn't claim to be qualified .
What they studied and their experience makes them qualified. Dr Chris Whitty has worked as a physician and researcher in infectious diseases and also practising physician consultant in NHS to name a few. Dr Patrick Vallance equally has an impressive resume having worked as a physician, scientist and chief scientific adviser. Not just guess work.

Dr John Campbell on the other hand does not have such qualifications and makes claims/statements in his videos which are not accurate.

What they studied and their experience makes them qualified. Dr Chris Whitty has worked as a physician and researcher in infectious diseases and also practising physician consultant in NHS to name a few. Dr Patrick Vallance equally has an impressive resume having worked as a physician, scientist and chief scientific adviser. Not just guess work.

Dr Johm Campbell on the other hand makes claims and statements in his videos which are not accurate.
Nobody is an expert on covid though are they!

Being anonymous helps. Just text on a screen. No way would I post any of my “bigoted “ views about wanting female only spaces to remain so with my name directly attached.

Nobody is an expert on covid though are they!
Bill Gates is 🥴

Anyone catch the former CDC director warning that bird flu will the GREAT pandemic?

Reactions: 2
Do these people think having these views are normal? I’d actually be so embarrassed to be seen as such a fascist 🤢 I suppose that’s why they are all here anonymously, so they can’t really be judged for having these views.
Am I included in this?!

I didn’t say they were but if they are qualified in the field of medicine/research/infectious diseases, then they will be the ones to shed their knowledge and expertise.
You just said they were! we weren’t talking about random diseases we were talking about the pandemic and misinformation .

Reactions: 1
Am I included in this?!
I’m referring to the people that believe that unvaccinated people should not be treated the same as vaccinated people. There are no other words for these people than fascists.
If the shoe fits.

Reactions: 8
Nowhere in my comment did I say they are experts on covid as you claim. I said they are qualified - as in to give advice, from their experience and what they have studied.
This is what you said , what pandemics are they qualified in dealing with? Certainly not this one as it’s constantly changing
F2E1AA23-902C-4C90-9139-1E2B7D1467C0.jpeg

When does it not become misinformation? Two years down the line?

Both the president and the current CDC director said getting vaccinated would stop you getting and spreading covid. 🤪

The US said it didn’t fund gain of function reasearch then admit they did.

What about 12 year old Maddie who took part in the pfizer trial, but the conclusion of that study was it was still safe?

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.