COVID-19 vaccine #12 & general vaccine conversation

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
A lot of limitations in this study - note the part where they say “antibody levels alone do not directly equate to immunity.”

“Study limitations include lack of direct neutralization assays, the fact that antibody levels alone do not directly equate to immunity,4,6 the cross-sectional study design, a convenience sample with an unknown degree of selection bias due to public recruitment, self-reported COVID-19 test results, the study population being largely White and healthy, and lack of information on breakthrough infections. Participants were given only 1 month to complete antibody testing, which may have contributed to the 52% rate among those invited to test.”

A lot of limitations in this study - note the part where they say “antibody levels alone do not directly equate to immunity.”

“Study limitations include lack of direct neutralization assays, the fact that antibody levels alone do not directly equate to immunity,4,6 the cross-sectional study design, a convenience sample with an unknown degree of selection bias due to public recruitment, self-reported COVID-19 test results, the study population being largely White and healthy, and lack of information on breakthrough infections. Participants were given only 1 month to complete antibody testing, which may have contributed to the 52% rate among those invited to test.”
Same could be said for the vaccines but that's taken as gospel ...new live virus trials only on healthy young people but I'm sure they'll attribute their findings to everyone.

Reactions: 8
Hopefully they’ll legally transfer powers over to wee Robin so we can get things moving on all fronts

Reactions: 3
I think a lot have stopped posting here because they’ve realised they were wrong.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 13
Tbh I stopped reading because life is back to normal for me, I don’t follow any of it anymore, feel a lot better for not doing tbh

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Tbh I stopped reading because life is back to normal for me, I don’t follow any of it anymore, feel a lot better for not doing tbh
same, I dip in and out of here because it has some drama/interesting opinions, but the rest of the covid stuff is over now.
I dont bother with any of it.

There's going to be an influx of angry posts now 😆
honestly I do!
Where is the British made world first Oxford vaccine gone 😐 no mention of that anymore…..

Last edited:
Reactions: 4
Hopefully they’ll legally transfer powers over to wee Robin so we can get things moving on all fronts
Do you know the refreshing thing on the news last night…. Covid was barely mentioned! 6.20 before they got to it on the 6pm news and Newsline it was a quick “oh there’s x amount in hospital, here’s Cecelia” 🤣🤣🤣 I’m really hoping for an early election and that things aren’t dragged on.

Sorry if derailing

Reactions: 7
Do you know the refreshing thing on the news last night…. Covid was barely mentioned! 6.20 before they got to it on the 6pm news and Newsline it was a quick “oh there’s x amount in hospital, here’s Cecelia” 🤣🤣🤣 I’m really hoping for an early election and that things aren’t dragged on.

Sorry if derailing
I hope there’s something in place the DUP should’ve drummed up a lot of support after their pre planned election winner 😉

Robin can sign things off for healthcare but the rest of the departments hands are tied including the much needed support after the energy hike that’s to last a great 3yr or more 🙄

This makes for sad reading ,it’s been mentioned many times on here ( by certain people)!how the pandemic doesn’t affect childrens MH they’re so resilient and bounce back ,it’s helicopter parentings the issue🙄 …not the case for a lot of kids .

Last edited:
  • Sad
This makes for sad reading ,it’s been mentioned many times on here ( by certain people)!how the pandemic doesn’t affect childrens MH they’re so resilient and bounce back ,it’s helicopter parentings the issue🙄 …not the case for a lot of kids .
I was actually told by someone on Facebook that “thankfully your son is at an age he won’t remember much about it and it won’t be affecting him much”
He was 8 at the time, his school had closed permanently at the start of lockdown, he’d been thrown into home schooling, had to start a new school in P4 that he hadn’t even got to see before hand, hadn’t seen his grandparents in months….. yeah didn’t affect him AT ALL! 🤬 some people dismiss kids feelings so much. They are the forgotten victims of this pandemic, collateral damage

• Sad
Reactions: 11
I was actually told by someone on Facebook that “thankfully your son is at an age he won’t remember much about it and it won’t be affecting him much”
He was 8 at the time, his school had closed permanently at the start of lockdown, he’d been thrown into home schooling, had to start a new school in P4 that he hadn’t even got to see before hand, hadn’t seen his grandparents in months….. yeah didn’t affect him AT ALL! 🤬 some people dismiss kids feelings so much. They are the forgotten victims of this pandemic, collateral damage
I think we all saw a decline the months they were held prisoner ,nothing to do only school work ! I honestly think the two missing years has made a difference ,not only to them but us as parents . Their primary school years seems to have gone in a flash they left in P4 and returned in P6 but it took a while for the P4 to become the P6( if that makes sense ) the maturity and independence wasn't there to begin with ,they've had to build that. Some kids really struggled to get back into the swing of things ,interesting to read in that report the secondary age kids felt the same.

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Question time was interesting last night as they were dealing with the vaccine hesitancy issues. There was a woman in the audience who seemingly was brought in straight from this thread considering her views on body autonomy and her vaccine hesitancy. I thought she was very calmly and expertly put right by the doctor they had on the panel. It will be worth a watch for those vaccine hesitant I think.

• Haha
I think people are able decide for themselves i'd doubt watching question time would sway anyone.

Reactions: 10
They might find it interesting, I know I did. You can only make up your mind when you have all the facts.
What are the facts ? they still can answer the big question of how many vaccines will be too many and what damage could they be causing through overuse in the longerterm.

Reactions: 5
They might find it interesting, I know I did. You can only make up your mind when you have all the facts.
thats exactly how I feel !!!!!!!

how dangerous it could be to just be a good little girl/boy and do as your told when it comes to the government getting involved with the publics medical choices. People should be asking more questions, I’m glad you’re coming around on this! ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.