COVID-19 vaccine #11 and general vaccine conversation

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Safety concerns over the Pfizer pill
The problem with anti virals is that they only really work before a virus has taken control, or within a window of 72hrs tops.

I have to take them (not this one) every day, and the one I take has had many good results with covid.
There are a huge list of side effects, but I haven't had any after many years on being on them - that's not to say that people don't get side effects, I just haven't had any.
I do occasionally get questioned on my 6 monthly reviews why I still take them and that long term its probably not very good, but my personal benefit outweighs the risk, plus my body is fine on them so I'm allowed to carry on.

It's weird, because 12mths ago they were testing my drug and no definite outcome could be determined, even though it seemed to do well.
Having given it a look now it seems to do very well with other covid drugs and us acknowledged, but it seems overlooked.
Thats good from my point of view as I might still be able to get them, and I wonder if that's why after all this time I've been alright, and that if I have had it (which I think I did at the start before testing began) why I've been ok.

Ironically my meds are made my Pfizer, yet they push this brand new one which doesn't seem to be as throughly tested

Reactions: 6
The problem with anti virals is that they only really work before a virus has taken control, or within a window of 72hrs tops.

I have to take them (not this one) every day, and the one I take has had many good results with covid.
There are a huge list of side effects, but I haven't had any after many years on being on them - that's not to say that people don't get side effects, I just haven't had any.
I do occasionally get questioned on my 6 monthly reviews why I still take them and that long term its probably not very good, but my personal benefit outweighs the risk, plus my body is fine on them so I'm allowed to carry on.

It's weird, because 12mths ago they were testing my drug and no definite outcome could be determined, even though it seemed to do well.
Having given it a look now it seems to do very well with other covid drugs and us acknowledged, but it seems overlooked.
Thats good from my point of view as I might still be able to get them, and I wonder if that's why after all this time I've been alright, and that if I have had it (which I think I did at the start before testing began) why I've been ok.

Ironically my meds are made my Pfizer, yet they push this brand new one which doesn't seem to be as throughly tested
I remember a family member having shingles and they said they would only offer anti virals as a last resort because they can wreck your immune system is that right ? ...maybe that's why you've escaped the virus if you're taking them daily .

Reactions: 4
I remember a family member having shingles and they said they would only offer anti virals as a last resort because they can wreck your immune system is that right ? ...maybe that's why you've escaped the virus if you're taking them daily .
Yes they can lower it over time, and I've been on them years. Without them though within a few weeks of stopping them I suffer really bad coldsores that spread, then I end up on specific antibiotics which also aren't good for you.
It's a huge toss up, but ongoing I'm better off on them than off. I don't get a warning when mine start, so by the time I've got a prescription it's too late. I agree as a one off it's probably not worth your time taking them.

If anti virals work on covid then great, I'd advocate them.. but I don't see how it will work with huge amounts of people trying to access them with 48hrs so they have fair chance of working.
Maybe that's why they're being questioned. Safety wise you'd know pretty quick if your body didn't like them, and what's good with tablets is that you can just stop them and generally feel ok pretty quick - but working wise I can see why there's concern spending that much when you might not get them in time

Reactions: 5
Yes they can lower it over time, and I've been on them years. Without them though within a few weeks of stopping them I suffer really bad coldsores that spread, then I end up on specific antibiotics which also aren't good for you.
It's a huge toss up, but ongoing I'm better off on them than off. I don't get a warning when mine start, so by the time I've got a prescription it's too late. I agree as a one off it's probably not worth your time taking them.

If anti virals work on covid then great, I'd advocate them.. but I don't see how it will work with huge amounts of people trying to access them with 48hrs so they have fair chance of working.
Maybe that's why they're being questioned. Safety wise you'd know pretty quick if your body didn't like them, and what's good with tablets is that you can just stop them and generally feel ok pretty quick - but working wise I can see why there's concern spending that much when you might not get them in time
There were concerns in the US over birth defects and not recommended for woman of childbaring age also interactions with other meds it's great you're able to take them safely ,I wonder will the UK have an age limit on them.

Reactions: 3
There were concerns in the US over birth defects and not recommended for woman of childbaring age also interactions with other meds it's great you're able to take them safely ,I wonder will the UK have an age limit on them.
I wouldn't take mine if I was pregnant! I'm not sure if they'd even hand them out to be fair.
For the sake of my child I'd put up with the few weeks of feeling ill and being very uncomfortable

• Heart
Reactions: 7
I wouldn't take mine if I was pregnant! I'm not sure if they'd even hand them out to be fair.
For the sake of my child I'd put up with the few weeks of feeling ill and being very uncomfortable
Hopefully they won't but you know how the gov like to gather data ;)

Reactions: 2
Have you guys seen the story that America were the ones that created covid 19 in the wuhan lab. Obama shut it down but trump opened it back up. Will find sources once I am up n awake properly.

• Haha
Reactions: 1
Have you guys seen the story that America were the ones that created covid 19 in the wuhan lab. Obama shut it down but trump opened it back up. Will find sources once I am up n awake properly.
Someone I know is convinced Pfizer created covid 19 in a lab and released it because they knew they could profit from the vaccine.

(To be honest ,I thought computer viruses and antivirus software were made by the same companies on the same principle. )

Apparently funded the “gain-of-function” research
Absolute tit show!

Reactions: 3
Someone I know is convinced Pfizer created covid 19 in a lab and released it because they knew they could profit from the vaccine.

(To be honest ,I thought computer viruses and antivirus software were made by the same companies on the same principle. )
Not even a CT that the US admitted to funding gain of function research in Wuhan.

Projected earnings for pfizer are only £32 billion in 2022. They've already made £22 billion.

Praise be for the fact checkers.

" Fauci responded that “the NIH has not ever and does not now fund gain-of-function research in the Wuhan Institute of Virology.”

"Fauci said he wasn’t convinced that the coronavirus developed naturally. “I think that we should continue to investigate what went on in China until we find out to the best of our ability exactly what happened.”"

1641979210617.png

Last edited:
Reactions: 6
Any nhs/care staff on here? ☹
We're getting pressure to start getting the vax in time for April 1 or dismissal. So far i've refused to give confirmation i havent had it but not sure this will last. Has anyone managed to get a temp exemption?

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 19
We're getting pressure to start getting the vax in time for April 1 or dismissal. So far i've refused to give confirmation i havent had it but not sure this will last. Has anyone managed to get a temp exemption?
There's a lot of information here :

• Heart
My aunt works in a london hospital lab. From her team she's not the only one refusing to be vaccinated. She has also previously been a whistleblower at her trust so is not one to be intimidated. She is waiting to be officially sacked if it comes to that. Don't give in now if being vaccinated is not something you want.

• Heart
Reactions: 19
There's a lot of information here :

Hi thank you but i follow them already on social media. Interested in knowing what other peoples experiences have been too

My aunt works in a london hospital lab. From her team she's not the only one refusing to be vaccinated. She has also previously been a whistleblower at her trust so is not one to be intimidated. She is waiting to be officially sacked if it comes to that. Don't give in now if being vaccinated is not something you want.
Im 99% certain i dont but also cannot afford to lose my job. I rely on my income/have struggled financially this year so feel they're putting us in a horrible situation as dont want to wait too long and end up getting the sack and if they follow through we'd need the first one in next few weeks ☹ Going to try hold out til as late as i can.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 15
Hi thank you but i follow them already on social media. Interested in knowing what other peoples experiences have been too

Im 99% certain i dont but also cannot afford to lose my job. I rely on my income/have struggled financially this year so feel they're putting us in a horrible situation as dont want to wait too long and end up getting the sack and if they follow through we'd need the first one in next few weeks ☹ Going to try hold out til as late as i can.
This is just awful, I’m so sorry you have to go through this. I’m not NHS staff but I think holding off as long as you can is the best option. I’d hope that way before 1st April they’ll admit they can’t force people to have this vaccine, and they’re using it as a scare tactic now to get people to take it. Although I just don’t know 😢

• Heart
Reactions: 17
Was in local shop and a farmer was saying to shop owner how glad he was to see her back at work and that he had been the same, only he had been ill for 11 weeks.
MY ears pricked up thinking they must have been bad with covid.
No. He had taken ill after his first jab, been off his feet for 11 weeks and had numerous tests. He went on to say that a week after he felt better he was due his 2nd jab. And the Dr recommended he have it . And he did.
He didn't have a reaction, went on to have booster and then said "I honestly don't feel the same man. I'm struggling."
Shop assistant said no 1 and 2 were fine but booster had put her in bed for a week.
I stood there with my gob open. For many the "cure" is worse than the disease but such is the blind faith they go on to have more. Honestly it made me feel shocked and upset.
She went on to say I wouldn't mind but I've had covid but it's not like we have much of a choice is it. 😲

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 29
Was in local shop and a farmer was saying to shop owner how glad he was to see her back at work and that he had been the same, only he had been ill for 11 weeks.
MY ears pricked up thinking they must have been bad with covid.
No. He had taken ill after his first jab, been off his feet for 11 weeks and had numerous tests. He went on to say that a week after he felt better he was due his 2nd jab. And the Dr recommended he have it . And he did.
He didn't have a reaction, went on to have booster and then said "I honestly don't feel the same man. I'm struggling."
Shop assistant said no 1 and 2 were fine but booster had put her in bed for a week.
I stood there with my gob open. For many the "cure" is worse than the disease but such is the blind faith they go on to have more. Honestly it made me feel shocked and upset.
She went on to say I wouldn't mind but I've had covid but it's not like we have much of a choice is it. 😲
It’s terrible. It’s made so many people ill.

My 17 year old son was refused treatment for a broken tooth yesterday because he hadn’t been vaccinated. They said get him his first vaccine then he can come in a few weeks, Ridiculous! We told them straight he’s not having the vaccine after the damage it caused my cousins heart. He doesn’t want it and we don’t want him to be forced to have it, like our eldest son who’s had 2 jabs just so he can go on holiday and feels he’s now going to be forced to have the booster to live a normal life. Anyway, they then backed down and today agreed to fill his tooth. He did an LFT to show them he was ok to be treated, which they didn’t ask for. I didn’t realise dentists were refusing to treat the unvaccinated. What a world we live in.

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 18

Don't leave of your free will, if you don't want the vaccine hold out. My daughter is NHS and is going through the same as you.

I'm led to believe that if you decline the vaccine and they are going through with the mandate they have to follow a disciplinary procedure.

There are many people with you ❤ my daughters ward are nearly all against mandatory vaccines even though they are vaccinated themselves.

• Heart
Reactions: 16
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.