Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Squirrelfriends

I don’t know if I need to post this in a support thread so apologies in advance..
These threads have been fab for support, help and guidance but I am majorly struggling tonight. After a lovely day, daily exercise the Morrison’s shop arrived and I just went into overdrive. Cleaned everything, including floors, door handles, food and then must have washed my hands 20+ times. Partner is a funeral director so i am constantly on edge, worrying about what he dealing with/his mental health too. I am a bag of nerves, out of breathe and generally anxious but tonight something just doesn’t feel right 😢
Sounds like a panic attack and they are genuinely frightening. Your anxiety levels are high and it can affect you in many physiological ways, some may surprise you!
Be mindful of your internal dialogue and thoughts, when they are becoming all consuming and anxiety fueled, take a break and breathe. I know we can't see the light at the end of the tunnel at the moment but there will be one so please hold onto that thought 💗

Suzesnooze

VIP Member
Feeling a bit worried as I have a chest tightness, like I have a cold coming on, and I've been sneezing a bit. I can't cough without forcing it though.
Do you suffer from hay fever?

Now I’m going for a walk everyday I’m walking through a wooded area and a grass field and everytime I get back home my throat is sore and I sneeze. Although people say they don’t have hay fever you can get it at anytime of life.

Mabellovestea

VIP Member
I’ve started struggling the last 2 days. I’m working from home but it’s getting quieter which means it’s harder to keep focused, and I don’t know how much longer we will continue going for before we close until it’s over. The uncertainty is making everything worse. I was so jittery yesterday evening and this morning have woken up with a sinking feeling of dread inside.
this is such a horrible time for everyone ☹
It is awful. I keep crying after being strong, but hearing that the 21 year old girl that died just had mild asthma has tipped me over, my eldest daughter and husband have asthma mild to moderate, I’m a wreck and scared I’m going to lose my family and they’re all I’ve got 😢.

Kermy5

In a month or few weeks when you do decide that you can let her stay, hopefully she will be more aware of hand washing and keeping safe distance.
Oh she's 6 and she's great at hygiene etc it's her Dad who I'm apparently having to teach, he's useless.
I let her hug him outside earlier, she hasn't touched him in a month, I think I'm going to have to let her stay at his a bit, she's been really upset having dreams about hugging him 😭
My anxiety will be through the roof but her not spending time with him is really upsetting her.

She doesn’t have a fever, just thr dry cough and tight chest like when her asthma used to flare up. I read children get mild symptoms or none and carry it so can still pass it on and that’s my worry as I have health issues.

I called 111 tonight, what a waste of time. They asked her symptoms, I said dry cough and tight chest. They asked if she had been to Italy or been in close contact with anyone a known case, I said no, outcome was we couldn’t take her to the local test centre as she doesn’t meet the criteria, I challenged this and said ’so are people only qualifying for testing if been to Italy or related/in close contact with known cases?’ Yes she said. So I said well ‘why is this being called a pandemic? It doesn’t mean now that you can only have it if been to Italy, it’s in the UK now so it can spread here and be passed on. Am I wrong?’ She said ‘I understand but at this time she is at no risk and just monitor her, if her chest gets worse ring us back’. I said ‘I have a health condition, as does my husband putting us higher risk I think it’s terrible our daughter can’t be tested. Why tell us to keep washing our hands to protect ourselves yet you’re saying people cant catch it within the UK and warrant testing only if been out of the country!!’ that’s basically what they’re saying.
Blimey!

My mind goes in a million different directions hearing that. I start thinking things along the lines of them trying to keep the stats down. Very odd.

So if you have ALL the symptoms, but haven't been in direct contact with a known case, you can't get tested?

Not being funny, but apart from MP's, we don't know who or where exactly in towns these people are so how can we say for sure? I see why they're not revealing who and exactly where in cities they are, but come on...what a joke. It sort of defies the object of any virus that's able to be transmitted. If we all knew what everyone else has got at all times, we wouldn't need the tests in the first place. Lol. 🤦‍♀️

I've just heard the news about it being characterised as a pandemic and WHO have advised that ALL Corona cases be dealt with. Maybe tomorrow if you try 111 you'll get a different response. Fingers crossed. Xx

Last edited:

quinzel

VIP Member
Hope everyone is holding up ok. Has anyone ever collected a shopping order from Asda before? I am tomorrow for the first time and my stupid anxiety is getting to me. How does it work, do I just pick up my items from crates? Take my own bags? It’s really the silliest of things but I’m worried.

Mabellovestea

VIP Member
All day I've been freezing, now in bed I'm roasting my throat is a bit scratchy no other symptoms . My 7 year old is the same . Obviously we will isolate now . absolutely sh***** myself 😔 2 years ago I almost died now that's all I can think about . I'm scared to sleep . I'm scared I wont wake up 😔💔
Oh this anxiety is awful and I’m sorry you’re so scared. How are you feeling today? Sending you a hug x

How are you all?

Im so up and down. Hubby had to go to thr post office yesterday to post some work related mail. I’m now in a complete panic he will have caught it. I made him wear gloves and a snood, once home he sprayed and wiped the bread and milk we needed. He then took his clothes off, straight in thr machine and then he showered. I sprayed all the door handles etc I’m now counting 14 days. Yesterday I had an itchy nose, rubbed my nose and panicked omg will I now develop it as I’ve touched my nose. I suffer with my sinuses so my nose gets dry and itchy a lot and without thinking I keep touching my nose.

I am in a constant state of worry, we live fairly out of the way of any busy cities and affected areas but our trust now has figures confirmed at around 100 I think it is. I’m constantly worrying and then randomly get a spike of anxiety and panic what if i die or my husband dies as he has asthma. Just hits me in waves and each time hubby’s bday to dash to ge bread and milk or post something I’m terrified because we should isolate but we’ve no one to ask for help. Our local response team did our food shop last week and I felt so much guilt, we can’t ask them to do chemist or post office runs for us aswell. I hate asking for help but myself and husband have health conditions 🥺 I start crying randomly, then other times I’m calmer and block it out. Anyone else randomly crying?

Spoke to my mum yesterday, she said I’m not going anywhere big, I just went round to your sisters yesterday to clean her new house as she’s just moved, it was filthy. I stayed over night too 🙄 She has a diabetic husband at home and theyre both pushing 70. I’ve given up telling her the lockdown rules and the risk group her husband is in. She doesn’t listen and my family think they’re fine to mix with each other, it’s safe. They all went out Mothers Day.

Last edited:

Redblueyellow8

VIP Member
Oh this anxiety is awful and I’m sorry you’re so scared. How are you feeling today? Sending you a hug x

How are you all?

Im so up and down. Hubby had to go to thr post office yesterday to post some work related mail. I’m now in a complete panic he will have caught it. I made him wear gloves and a snood, once home he sprayed and wiped the bread and milk we needed. He then took his clothes off, straight in thr machine and then he showered. I sprayed all the door handles etc I’m now counting 14 days. Yesterday I had an itchy nose, rubbed my nose and panicked omg will I now develop it as I’ve touched my nose. I suffer with my sinuses so my nose gets dry and itchy a lot and without thinking I keep touching my nose.

I am in a constant state of worry, we live fairly out of the way of any busy cities and affected areas but our trust now has figures confirmed at around 100 I think it is. I’m constantly worrying and then randomly get a spike of anxiety and panic what if i die or my husband dies as he has asthma. Just hits me in waves and each time hubby’s bday to dash to ge bread and milk or post something I’m terrified because we should isolate but we’ve no one to ask for help. Our local response team did our food shop last week and I felt so much guilt, we can’t ask them to do chemist or post office runs for us aswell. I hate asking for help but myself and husband have health conditions 🥺 I start crying randomly, then other times I’m calmer and block it out. Anyone else randomly crying?

Spoke to my mum yesterday, she said I’m not going anywhere big, I just went round to your sisters yesterday to clean her new house as she’s just moved, it was filthy. I stayed over night too 🙄 She has a diabetic husband at home and theyre both pushing 70. I’ve given up telling her the lockdown rules and the risk group her husband is in. She doesn’t listen and my family think they’re fine to mix with each other, it’s safe. They all went out Mothers Day.
Thank you so much , I've woken up this morning roasting and then chills. I now have the worst cough ever and at point find it hard to breathe . I want to phone the doctors but I dont think they will do anything.

Suzesnooze

VIP Member
I am having really morbid, intrusive thoughts. It’s mostly happening in the evening and then I end up in an emotional mess. I’m also having really graphic dreams about family members dying. I have a history of anxiety and depression but I haven’t needed to visit the doctor about it for a couple of years now. I’ve also moved house so I’m not currently registered with a doctors anywhere near me. What can I do?
You will still be a allowed to ring a Dr in an emergency. You will have to fill out a form to Register.

I think your dreams are normal for this time. I dreamt last night my hair was falling out in big clumps. In the past I have dreamt a lot of times about my teeth falling out. Both things mean 'fear of change'.

In the evening, watch a comedy or a favourite film. Lighthearted stuff, nothing heavy. Or read a book or listen to music. Don't watch the news or read on here or listen to anything about the coronavirus a few hours before bed.

Looney toons

I’ve been feeling ‘off’ and tired since Monday and I’ve woken up today full of cold, with a tickly cough, rough throat and slight earache but no temperature. I’m pretty sure it’s just a bog standard cold and normally I would just plod on but I’m meant to be at work today what would you do? I’m not aware of there being any known or suspected cases around here. My manager is getting really pissed off with staff not going in at the moment and I’m scared she’ll hold it against me down the line 😖
Ring 111.if they advise you to be off then so be it, your boss cannot say a word then. Would she be pissed off if you had it and gave it her and she took it home??