Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Auradawn

Hi long time lurker, I am so anxious I don’t know what to do with myself, I live with my partner . A couple of days ago he started a tickle cough, he coughed a few times thr other day, and a couple of times the next day, he says he feels fine though, he has no temperature. I have a complete panic attack every time he coughs and it causes arguments. He slept in the spare room last night I haven’t had a wink of sleep listening out in case he coughs. Does not help the lady who lives downstairs. With her son works across the road at an old people’s home with a confirmed case, has been self isolating symptoms, I can hear her coughing, her son has still been going to work though. I am petrified one of us as pick d it up from touching the shared gate, or if it can be airborne. I have stage four kidney disease. I feel like I am going insane.

• Sad
Reactions: 7
I've had to come here from the other thread. That one is a bit too much.

Like many here, anxiety is a big thing for me.
Every day I'm finding that I feel like I've accepted a fate that I didn't think I would at this age. I know that seems extreme but I lost my mom unexpectedly last year and since then I now obsess over my own mortality. I don't want to, but I can't help it.

I find myself not agreeing to plans my partner mentions for next year as there's that niggle of "Will I be here?"

I live in city where it's recently arrived and we've had a death already. I just want to shut myself away from the world for a month.

Reading the posts here, I'm glad it's not just me struggling with it. I've found it reassuring. ❤

Felicity

Was that because you coughed so much, the vomiting blood?
Now I think about it it could be. It's all so fuzzy but I remember my throat being so sore I couldn't swallow (had to spit in a cup), I had some leftover antibiotics from when I had tonsillitis so took them and difflam and Tyrol's then the coughing started. I called 111 and they sent an ambulance. The hospital was so overrun I waited 9 hours just for the doctor to give me an anti sickness injection. I've never ever felt so sick. There was one moment I thought if I didn't have my husband bringing me drinks I wouldn't have been able to get up.

I hope you went to the dr...? Not good to vomit blood.
I did. I rang the NHS helpline (it was Boxing Day) and they sent an ambulance. It was worrying how overrun my local hospital was as I still had a 9 hour wait to be seen.

• Sad
  • Wow
Hi. Lurker here, I don't post often. I wondered if there is anyone on here who can give me some advice. Yesterday (on my birthday) my husband told me he doesn't love me anymore and wants a divorce. Today is our 10th wedding anniversary (excellent timing). Due to coronavirus lockdown he won't leave our house. We have 2 sons. I just wondered if there is anyone here who works in family law and might have time to give me a little advice. Thanks.

• Sad

Spencerskates

VIP Member
I’ve been really sad the last few days. I live on my own and I’m missing my parents and my boyfriend so so much. I just got to go to bed because I’m exhausted and I saw a spider, tried to kill it (sorry to anyone who doesn’t like that) and it managed to escape and run under my bed. It’s huge and I couldn’t find it anywhere. I’m currently on the sofa because I keep feeling the spider on me and I can’t bear to be in my bedroom. I just really want a cuddle.

• Sad

Danielle1

I feel like I've lost it
Can't sleep
not taking it as seriously as I was
Like I've done a complete 180

Ordered food for delivery when I had said I wouldnt anymore because risk of catching it with the person cooking/packaging

Ordered things from Amazon too

Had stopped smoking after seeing a woman in hospital with the virus telling people to stop because of how much worse it's made it for her and it scared me I had stopped for 2 weeks and now Ive started again

idk feel like I never know how to think I feel like a completely different person all the time i had been trying to be positive lately through the past few days now I feel awful and like I'm going down hill, feel so tired of everything

• Sad

SunshineDreamer

Chatty Member
Hi. Lurker here, I don't post often. I wondered if there is anyone on here who can give me some advice. Yesterday (on my birthday) my husband told me he doesn't love me anymore and wants a divorce. Today is our 10th wedding anniversary (excellent timing). Due to coronavirus lockdown he won't leave our house. We have 2 sons. I just wondered if there is anyone here who works in family law and might have time to give me a little advice. Thanks.
I’m not in family law but I am a lawyer. Send me a message and I’ll see if I can help.

Reactions: 6

SarahGard83

VIP Member
Can anyone clarify something for me as I'm feeling very confused. I have cancer and am self isolating. My husband is a key worker and at this moment in time has no choice but to work. Should we be staying away from one another? He's moved downstairs and I'm currently upstairs but during the days when he's at work I have to be downstairs to look after my children. We don't know what to do

• Sad

carebear123

I’m having a bad morning, not even out of bed. Which is so unheard of for me. Just can’t seem to motivate myself to get up
Your not alone I'm still in bed I just cant face getting up my teenager is still asleep and my 4 year old is cuddled up next to me watching TV.i think today will be a lazy day it feels worse than the times between Christmas and new year at the minute

Squirrelfriends

Hi, I have no advice from a legal stand point but didn't want to scroll past without replying. Firstly Hapy Birthday for yesterday 💗 Sorry about the circumstances over shadowing your day. I would wait until lockdown is over to make any decisions re divorce. Everyone is stressed right now, could it be your husband is struggling with his mental health and is lashing out because he can't cope? The reason I say this is because when I'm struggling with anxiety and stress I tend to catastrophize and spiral, making rash decisions (like wanting to leave my partner) because my mind is overwhelmed, it's that fight or flight reaction in my brain in overdrivee. Of course there may be more to his reasoning but I would advise the both of you to sit on this and not make any rash decisions right now. I really hope this situation get better for you all.

Shaza78

Chatty Member
Do you have any friends or family you could speak to about your concerns and ask them if you can check in with them daily? Don’t worry about masks, the reports are that they are ineffective anyway. Hugs x

My mum missed Christmas this year because she had it too. She also said she thought she was going to die and she isn’t a dramatic person at all. The fact you’ve said you thought the same makes me wonder if you both have had a strain of it already.
This is exactly how my husband was too, he was struggling to breath, although he never had a runny or blocked nose. When he went to the gp he was advised the usual drink fluids and keep taking your inhalers ( he has asthma) when all the corona hysteria started and they started explaining the symptoms I instantly thought to what he was like over Christmas.

Candytuft

VIP Member
I am so sorry you feel like this. Do you have friendly neighbours who can look in on you to check you're OK? If not then Age UK offer befriending services, here's a link https://www.ageuk.org.uk/services/befriending-services/
Thank you x I will look into that. No neighbours that I know that well, unfortunately. There must be thousands like me. Perspective restored today...worries at night are terrible at the best of times.

Bitofthebubbly

VIP Member
Absolutely no one should feel guilty about letting their feelings loose on a support thread. That’s precisely what it’s there for. Better out than in after all. Hope everyone is managing okay.

I’m finding I have a couple of ‘okay’ days where I can sort of keep myself on an even keel, I don’t feel great but I don’t feel awful either, and then I have a really hard day where I feel totally fed up and depressed. Took a comment on another thread personally due to my mood and feel like a complete dick head. Everything is getting to me today, so I think I’m going to try and ‘be kind’ to myself, run a bath whilst my partner looks after the children, and hope that helps me feel better.

SarahGard83

VIP Member
Struggling massively. Currently on week 3 of shielding due to having received a leukemia diagnosis just days before all this started. Feel like I'm not coping well at all and have too much to deal with. Feeling crap 90% of the time but feel guilty if I take any time out for myself or have a wobble as I'm trying to protect the kids from seeing me like that. Missing my mum and dad as they're a huge support to me and although I'm talking with them daily it's just not the same. Terrified all the time.

• Sad

Notothefakes

VIP Member
just heard from my cousin about an hour ago that my uncle is apparently in hospital with suspected covid-19...this is messing with me because the guy abused me as a kid in multiple ways and is the reason I don't talk to my family because they all knew and continued to let him stay at our house, and let me sleep over at his. I've not thought about him or what he did in years so I wish my cousin hadnt even told me. And now I feel guilty for not giving a fuck if he dies. this is really the last thing i need on my mind right now. heads a mess
I think you’ve every right to feel how you feel. I really don’t have any words of wisdom and will probably say something that will not be worded well but you’re allowed to have those feelings xx

Spinidge

VIP Member
just heard from my cousin about an hour ago that my uncle is apparently in hospital with suspected covid-19...this is messing with me because the guy abused me as a kid in multiple ways and is the reason I don't talk to my family because they all knew and continued to let him stay at our house, and let me sleep over at his. I've not thought about him or what he did in years so I wish my cousin hadnt even told me. And now I feel guilty for not giving a fuck if he dies. this is really the last thing i need on my mind right now. heads a mess
You're perfectly entitled to feel the exact same way, whether the man is healthy or not. Being ill doesn't undo what he's done, no need to feel any guilt.

Coconutshy

For some perspective there are less than 100 cases of this virus in the uk at the moment and over 66 MILLION people in the uk at present.

SavvyBee

VIP Member
I think I'm in war mode to be honest. It sounds silly when I write it down like this, but I just feel fierce and angry, and want it all to be over so that nobody has to hurt or be upset anymore. I'm doing what I'm told (while muttering under my breath) in the vain hope that anything I do will make this nightmare pass quickly for us all. I want to hug everyone, while yelling at the idiots who are so blasé and skipping along the hedgerows picking daisies. Don't know where I'm going with this, tbh...…(apart from across the kitchen to pick up the wine bottle!), but just trying to fix my thoughts on how I feel right now. :confused:
I’m with you - no words of wisdom but wine helps. You can only do what is within your power. Try to stay positive and visualise the end of all of this. You’re not alone in your emotions. 💕