Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Popsock123

VIP Member
I don’t know if I need to post this in a support thread so apologies in advance..
These threads have been fab for support, help and guidance but I am majorly struggling tonight. After a lovely day, daily exercise the Morrison’s shop arrived and I just went into overdrive. Cleaned everything, including floors, door handles, food and then must have washed my hands 20+ times. Partner is a funeral director so i am constantly on edge, worrying about what he dealing with/his mental health too. I am a bag of nerves, out of breathe and generally anxious but tonight something just doesn’t feel right 😢

• Sad
Reactions: 12

Jelly Bean

VIP Member
I really don’t have any coping mechanism for it. I have literally no support at home. My husband has shouted this morning already telling me it’s ridiculous. I can’t live my life like this. I’m being stupid. Told me he’s sick of living with me being like this. I don’t think people who have never suffered it understand
Can you break down exactly what you are so frightened of about it all? Instead of it being one huge unmanageable fear what are the specifics? It may help to reduce the whole thing to manageable chunks that can be dealt with here or elsewhere.

• Heart
Reactions: 11

at-the-disco

Chatty Member
I have literally been crying ALL DAY I got sent home from work early I’m just so anxious.
I work for a government department and I’m helping a lot of Vulnerable people at the moment, on top of trying to keep my parents safe (I live with them) by washing hands constantly, and also just trying to keep sane. On top of that my boyfriend and I just made a painful decision to not see each other until this is all over and I don’t know when the hell that will be
My face resembles a beef tomato right now I hate this so much

• Sad

KateESJ

VIP Member
That's how my mental health makes me feel daily so trying to rationalise it during a pandemic is so hard. But I feel like shit daily. I feel for you 💕
Mine is from PTSD from my son’s death - I constantly convince myself that my kids are unwell and dying 😔 This isn’t helping at all but I think I’m doing okay at managing it.

My daughter asked why I’ve been sleeping in her room but I don’t think it’s appropriate to tell her that I stay awake almost all night to make sure she’s still breathing 🙃

hugs to you💗 it’s really hard and seeing people brush it off and not care about it really doesn’t help those who are anxious x

• Sad

aimz_yeah

Chatty Member
Sorry you were ill but please, please never take antibiotics for something without being seen by a doctor! This is why antibiotic resistance is on the rise
Exactly... and there shouldn't be leftover antibiotics... finish the course!

• Heart
Reactions: 10

Lifeinmyeyes88

Waiting on a call back from my GP feel so stupid but I’ve had a full on anxiety attack and panic attack in the last hour seeing the numbers raise to 90. I honestly can’t see a way out of this all happening 😭 this is awful! Am so scared.

• Sad
Reactions: 9

Notothefakes

VIP Member
I don't know why my post is in this thread.i did post it in secret celebrity gossip thread so apologies if it doesn't make any sense in this thread.i have not ever even read any of this thread and anyone reading will think I'm mental....tattle life what are you doing??!
I thought it must be a mistake.... or you can see we’re all slightly bonkers in here so thought you’d join us 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 8

Jelly Bean

VIP Member
Waiting on a call back from my GP feel so stupid but I’ve had a full on anxiety attack and panic attack in the last hour seeing the numbers raise to 90. I honestly can’t see a way out of this all happening 😭 this is awful! Am so scared.
Oh poor you. It is scary but try to stay calm. I think the reports of panic buying everywhere aren't helping. I don't think any of us have been through anything like this so we are understandably nervous but it will be OK. It really will. I spoke to my mum last night and she is elderly and remembers things like this is the past and they all came through it - rationing etc in the war. Hope your GP helps.

Candytuft

VIP Member
Reading the threads over the last few days I am noticing that there are people out there who are genuinely scared, who may be alone and without people to talk to etc. I just wanted to say that being afraid is ok, it's an normal rational response and it's valid. If you feel like posting that you are afraid or have a question regardless of how silly it might seem to you, you should post it. Maybe someone on here can respond make your day/night a little better.

I always resort to watching movies (ideally something funny) when my mind is working in overdrive.
Movies on TV Tonight: https://tv24.co.uk/movies

(I am torn between Uncle Buck and Transformers tonight :LOL:)
Yes, a lovely idea. It’s awful to cope alone and reaching out for support is not silly . Just writing down my thoughts helped me. I can feel a binge watch of Prisoner, the old Australian drama coming on ! 😊

• Heart

LS932

The worst part of this so far is not being able to get my fave 34p pasta sauce from Tesco

Danielle1

I don't know if it would be a good idea to make a thread that can support people stugging with the emotional side of this and give them a space where they can talk about it because I wanna post on this one but I feel like id be annoying peoole since this thread is used this to catch up on the news around the virus.. tbh it probably the whole of tattle isn't the place for it but most of my friends aren't taking it seriously and just having a go at me for not wanting to go out on Friday with them 😣 literally feel like I'm going to end up even more alone because of this virus

SpookyLumberjack

VIP Member
All day I've been freezing, now in bed I'm roasting my throat is a bit scratchy no other symptoms . My 7 year old is the same . Obviously we will isolate now . absolutely sh***** myself 😔 2 years ago I almost died now that's all I can think about . I'm scared to sleep . I'm scared I wont wake up 😔💔
Try and stay calm, look after yourself as if it's flu and keep an eye on your progress. Watch TV, eat, stay cosy. If you get worse you're not alone you can use 111 online.

SassyRiv77

For a while now I’ve had real issues leaving the house, it crept up on me slowly - I gave up work
And my kids are all at school and I’ve been spending longer and longer in bed. I’ve tried to go to the shop with my partner but I can only do 1 or 2 shops before the panic sets in & I make an excuse to go home. My parents and friends think I’m lazy. It’s occurred to me more during lockdown that aside from having my children at home life is no differently for me. I stopped taking them out at weekends a while ago and we never walk anywhere. I went into the garden yesterday and felt sick and dizzy straight away, the sun was out and my kids were playing and I couldn’t be outside, I scuttled back into the lounge and it then hit me so hard that I’ve been covering up personal issues with leaving the house for months. I think I’ve got real issues with it and have nowhere else to confide :(

• Sad
Reactions: 7

Notothefakes

VIP Member
I really don’t have any coping mechanism for it. I have literally no support at home. My husband has shouted this morning already telling me it’s ridiculous. I can’t live my life like this. I’m being stupid. Told me he’s sick of living with me being like this. I don’t think people who have never suffered it understand
People who haven’t suffered don’t understand. My husband gets cross with me too. He’s mad at me for stocking the cupboards but I’ve said if it helps me then I don’t care. We can do it. We don’t actually know what’s going to happen so can’t really speculate on that... which I know when you have anxiety that’s all you do. I’ve had zombie apocalypse movies in my head this whole week! You’re not being stupid though and your feelings are valid.

• Heart

Kermy5

I’m having a bad morning, not even out of bed. Which is so unheard of for me. Just can’t seem to motivate myself to get up
Yup, and looking after a busy 7 year old and just feeling like a shit Mum trying to keep it all together when my mental health is falling apart.

• Sad

Monkeybum

VIP Member
Anyone else living alone and feeling a bit lost ? its horrible being in by yourself right now
Me 🙋‍♀️ I'm already concerned how complete isolation will affect my long term mental health. I'm hoping it's not as bad as I'm imagining

• Sad

Lifeinmyeyes88

How are you doing now? 😕
Better today. I have spoken to my gp and he has told me I have more chance of winning the lottery than getting this. I’ve to check in with him Monday but he has told me not to worry. The numbers seem scary but in reality in the UK population it isn’t that many. I’ve to stop reading news articles as thet provide information that isn’t always 100% actuate and people do seem to purposely scare monger. Thank you for asking x

• Heart