Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #91

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:

At last. I have been banging on about personal responsibility on here for months now. He needs to give clarity about what he expects from June 21st too when if people want to continue to distance from people, avoid places and wear a mask that is there choice but nothing is no longer mandatory.
But that isn’t what it says in the article about choice. It doesn’t say that after 21st June Boris will tell people they have a choice to social distance or wear masks. These restrictions may be in place in certain settings/scenarios.

“People will be told its up to them to choose the level of risk they are prepared to take by mixing and hugging.”

But that isn’t what it says in the article about choice. It doesn’t say that after 21st June Boris will tell people they have a choice to social distance or wear masks. These restrictions may be in place in certain settings/scenarios.

“People will be told its up to them to choose the level of risk they are prepared to take by mixing and hugging.”
People won't accept masks being kept mandatory past June 21st. Plenty of people comment online about that day being the end of it. If they continue to be mandatory in any settings then there will be more and more protests than we've already seen about lockdowns.

• Heart
Reactions: 4
People won't accept masks being kept mandatory past June 21st. Plenty of people comment online about that day being the end of it. If they continue to be mandatory in any settings then there will be more and more protests than we've already seen about lockdowns.
Plenty of people commenting online is hardly representative of the whole population is it. As for the face masks and social distancing required in some settings (hospitals/clinics) I don’t see an issue. We are coming out of lockdown as planned.

My husband (in Mumbai) lost 3 members of staff over the weekend, one had a lot of other health issues but the other 2 were both under 40 and fit and healthy outside of this. I am so worried for my husband - not just covid but the mental toll of being there now. Outside where our house is on the way to his office is the beginning of a 'slum' and he said they just have bodies covered in plastic laying by the road. It hurts my heart to think about.
This is heartbreaking ☹ I hope your husband stays safe.

Reactions: 3
Plenty of people commenting online is hardly representative of the whole population is it. As for the face masks and social distancing required in some settings (hospitals/clinics) I don’t see an issue. We are coming out of lockdown as planned.
Masks are not sociable and do not need to become part of our permanent everyday life. Look at the violent protests we've seen about lockdown on a regular basis. That's with people being given a so called end date for life to go back to how it is suppose to be lived. If Boris doesn't keep his end of the deal then the streets will see bother.

About time it got put to level 3 as it's been that for ages now, some areas you could even say have been level 2 for a while. More and more pressure being put on the government to speed things up is a good thing.

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Masks are not sociable and do not need to become part of our permanent everyday life. Look at the violent protests we've seen about lockdown on a regular basis. That's with people being given a so called end date for life to go back to how it is suppose to be lived. If Boris doesn't keep his end of the deal then the streets will see bother.
There have been a handful at most, and frankly anyone who protests violently does not deserve to be listened to - there are plenty of other way to be heard.

Some people don't like wearing masks and some people would be grateful to keep wearing them during cold season and to not be glared at like a weirdo. I totally understand your view on things, you have made that very clear but please stop assuming your view represents the rest of the UK population regardless of what you 'see online'.

Frankly, wearing a mask for a short while when in a shop is nothing compared to people who have to wear them for hours at a time.

Reactions: 13

About time it got put to level 3 as it's been that for ages now, some areas you could even say have been level 2 for a while. More and more pressure being put on the government to speed things up is a good thing.
I feel like I am repeating myself now 🤪 No one said masks will become part of our everyday life on a permanent basis, for certain settings they may be kept in place. I get you have a different stance or view on things but that does not mean so does everyone else in the whole of the UK.

Now for the people protesting about lockdowns - no comment - as I believe they work and have been needed. You keep saying if Boris doesn’t keep to his end of the deal, Boris has set out the road map and IT HAS gone ahead as planned with no delays.

I don’t think the government is going to speed anything up, I think they’ll stick to the current guidelines as they are working.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 12
Are people even still wearing masks? In our area they have mostly done away with them, I was in the shop earlier and only the really old folk had them on. No one else.

• Wow
Reactions: 6
Are people even still wearing masks? In our area they have mostly done away with them, I was in the shop earlier and only the really old folk had them on. No one else.
I’ve noticed more and more people not wearing them here in shops - I’d say there’s probably still around 70% compliance overall, but definitely more noticeable than a few months ago.

Reactions: 1
There have been a handful at most, and frankly anyone who protests violently does not deserve to be listened to - there are plenty of other way to be heard.

Some people don't like wearing masks and some people would be grateful to keep wearing them during cold season and to not be glared at like a weirdo. I totally understand your view on things, you have made that very clear but please stop assuming your view represents the rest of the UK population regardless of what you 'see online'.

Frankly, wearing a mask for a short while when in a shop is nothing compared to people who have to wear them for hours at a time.
I don't have a problem with masks but they should be down to personal choice and no longer mandatory. I wouldn't wear them during the summer season when it's really hot and uncomfortable, but would wear one to keep my face warm and out of courtesy if I feel under the weather in winter season. It's just a case of not wearing one for the sake of it, but just when it's necessary as you know how you feel health wise.

In other news I can now book my jabs as I got messaged about it earlier and I am in my 30s so the NHS website should change soon from only being over 40s.

It would be nice for the lies that the government are pushing to get some more attention.

In particular for travel, they have now presented us with a Green List which is completely underwhelming and seems to have little scientific basis (ie. specifically EXCLUDING many places that have very low infection rates and very high vaccination rates and specifically INCLUDING destinations which are either unreachable due to transport not being available or being restricted to their own nationals).

The great lie, however, is that the government had been promising PCR tests from the private sector for a price of £45 or lower. Of course, this is still a significant cost for a money saving family of four and one which wasn't deemed to be necessary when travel was allowed last year (before the vaccine).

The Government have now published their list of testing partners at https://www.gov.uk/guidance/provide...oronavirus-testing-for-international-arrivals
Surprise surprise that there is no-one at all charging anywhere near to the stated £45. In fact, the average is £211 so you're looking at an additional cost of £844 for a family of four.

Remember, that this is even if you've been vaccinated and even if you're travelling to a country with less incidence of COVID than the UK. We are also the only country in the whole world that is asking citizens to pay for a test to enter their own country.

• Wow
Reactions: 5
In other news I can now book my jabs as I got messaged about it earlier and I am in my 30s so the NHS website should change soon from only being over 40s.
That’s great, they’re working down the age groups at a good pace. I wonder if the NHS website will break down the 30’s group into two stages, first 35-39 then 30-34.

Did you get a message from your GP? Mine are still doing 65+, got no chance of being contacted soon 😂

NHS website still won’t let me in....

• Wow
It would be nice for the lies that the government are pushing to get some more attention.

In particular for travel, they have now presented us with a Green List which is completely underwhelming and seems to have little scientific basis (ie. specifically EXCLUDING many places that have very low infection rates and very high vaccination rates and specifically INCLUDING destinations which are either unreachable due to transport not being available or being restricted to their own nationals).

The great lie, however, is that the government had been promising PCR tests from the private sector for a price of £45 or lower. Of course, this is still a significant cost for a money saving family of four and one which wasn't deemed to be necessary when travel was allowed last year (before the vaccine).

The Government have now published their list of testing partners at https://www.gov.uk/guidance/provide...oronavirus-testing-for-international-arrivals
Surprise surprise that there is no-one at all charging anywhere near to the stated £45. In fact, the average is £211 so you're looking at an additional cost of £844 for a family of four.

Remember, that this is even if you've been vaccinated and even if you're travelling to a country with less incidence of COVID than the UK. We are also the only country in the whole world that is asking citizens to pay for a test to enter their own country.
Are all of these talking about the same thing? I agree £210 is too much but a quick search show £45 tests are available but are antibody tests not PCR.

edit: though TBH I didn't check who promised what because politcians, hot air etc.

Are all of these talking about the same thing? I agree £210 is too much but a quick search show £45 tests are available but are antibody tests not PCR.

edit: though TBH I didn't check who promised what because politcians, hot air etc.
The day 2 test that you have to have returning from a green list company has to be a PCR and has to be from one of that list of companies.

The day 2 test that you have to have returning from a green list company has to be a PCR and has to be from one of that list of companies.
Yes, so it comes down to who promised what and when and at a guess, the cheap test was conveniently mentioned in the same statement as tests for returning travellers but either without the all important clarifications or depending on who said it, padded in waffle.

Did you get a message from your GP? Mine are still doing 65+, got no chance of being contacted soon 😂

NHS website still won’t let me in....
I got an NHS text message mentioning I can book a Pfizer jab for the local centre which is a few miles away so I get my first jab after work on Friday night. I have known this to happen for past age groups and people on here have mentioned it before getting called for one before the NHS website allows and then a day or two later the NHS update their site so today or tomorrow I reckon it will open for all.

Last Monday was a bank holiday lag but it looks like everything has leveled off again like it did for ages at between 4000-5000 infections a day. With a start being made on those in their 30s every day in the next few weeks should be below 2,000 a day. My guess would be once all adults have had at least one jab who wants one by the end of July that even in August which should be two months in to no restrictions at all, the daily infections should be no more than a few hundred.

Reactions: 3
Might be me being silly but how come one report says zero covid deaths but this picture says 4! 🙈

I got an NHS text message mentioning I can book a Pfizer jab for the local centre which is a few miles away so I get my first jab after work on Friday night. I have known this to happen for past age groups and people on here have mentioned it before getting called for one before the NHS website allows and then a day or two later the NHS update their site so today or tomorrow I reckon it will open for all.

Last Monday was a bank holiday lag but it looks like everything has leveled off again like it did for ages at between 4000-5000 infections a day. With a start being made on those in their 30s every day in the next few weeks should be below 2,000 a day. My guess would be once all adults have had at least one jab who wants one by the end of July that even in August which should be two months in to no restrictions at all, the daily infections should be no more than a few hundred.

Reactions: 2
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.