Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #91

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Continuing covid nineteen into thread ninety one

India records a "record breaking" 315k cases today, but in comparison to the UK population that's around 13k cases a day. UK peaked at around 68k a day in January so it's still a long way off that, but then you have to account for less availablity of tests in India. So who knows.

India Daily Covid Cases
Screenshot_20210422-162904_Chrome.jpg

Reactions: 4
those cheeky f*clerks in the eu are talking about taking legal action against the AV team, yet they don’t want the vaccine and the vaccines they have they’ve stored !!!

• Angry
  • Wow
Reactions: 6
I wonder how many they’ll be seeing in a few weeks once all the travellers return

She's right as usual. Look how many on my local news page answered YES to the question, I would say a big majority :(

I can understand people not going abroad because a country is far behind us at vaccinating. What I cannot understand is such a big amount of people not wanting a holiday anywhere at all this year. Come on surely for your mental health you would at least pop to a seaside place or countryside for a few days, just for different scenery and a break.

Reactions: 8
The caravan I stayed in Cornwall last week for £400 (albeit booked early 2020) is £2,500 for a week in August. I feel for people who won't be able to afford a UK holiday this summer, because there will be many.

• Wow
Reactions: 23

Another article I agree with. Look how quickly people power ended the hopes of a ESL in Football. People can do the same with the passport idea I am sure of it. Boris hasn't seen any protests about them yet and a few of them happening might scare him in to a U turn.

Reactions: 3
The caravan I stayed in Cornwall last week for £400 (albeit booked early 2020) is £2,500 for a week in August. I feel for people who won't be able to afford a UK holiday this summer, because there will be many.
We booked our weekend Haven break for this year, last May as we thought our 2020 holiday would be cancelled. Fortunately it wasn't but we paid around £350 for our weekend this year (End of July). Checked earlier its now £799 😲

• Wow
Reactions: 10
I was so hopeful for a holiday abroad this year 😔 we have a villa in Portugal. It is looking like Portugal will go to green but neither me or my partner have had the vaccine yet and of course neither have our children. The COVID Situation in India is giving me really bad anxiety ☹. I’m fearful that again the government have left it too late to close the boarders. Everywhere I like in England is booked up. I understand people are dealing with much much more serious situations than ‘holidays’ but god another year just wasted from my children’s child hoods it breaks my heart.

• Sad
Reactions: 9
Paywall .,,but no surprise why he jumped ship

God help India 🙁

Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: 5
We stayed in a caravan in Cornwall last week too. Paid £460 for sea view prestige but did book last year. It’s over 2k in august too!

• Sad
Reactions: 4
Zero covid patients in my local hospital 👍
❤

We are at 9! Lets hope it stays low

This morning have announced the uk is no longer in a pandemic due to numbers. Not sure if thats a good thing to announce or not.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Sky news live in Delhi showing actual body bags being wheeled through a makeshift outside hospital with the reporter pointing and making sure the camera zooms in on them while saying just how many dead people she's seen today 😶. Journalistic integrity is as high as ever even with Kay on garden leave

iMarkup_20210423_121027.jpg

20210423_121317.jpg

• Sad
  • Angry
Reactions: 12
Sky news live in Delhi showing actual body bags being wheeled through a makeshift outside hospital with the reporter pointing and making sure the camera zooms in on them while saying just how many dead people she's seen today 😶. Journalistic integrity is as high as ever even with Kay on garden leave

God it’s awful you’d think in this day and age some aid could be sent ironically I think China’s the only country has offered any

• Sad
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.