Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #91

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Ireland will be joining the EUs green passport
I hate the elbow pumps, anyone doing them looks idiotic.
Re hugs, I don't need the govt telling me when I can hug. I am a human being who will want to preserve my own health and those of whom I love, and I will make sensible decisions about affection not be further dictated by the state.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 13
When I first saw my 96 year old mum after three months and noticed how much she had deteriorated - I hugged her, kissed her, and NOBODY could have stopped me.
Damn straight. I lay next to my Grandad and was hugging him before he went to hospital and sadly never came home but I had regrets for following the rules with my Nan and I can't go back and hug her so I had 0 regrets about making sure he knew he was loved (even if he had NO idea who I was anymore). I dream of the day this is all over

• Heart
Reactions: 15
I hate the elbow pumps, anyone doing them looks idiotic.
Re hugs, I don't need the govt telling me when I can hug. I am a human being who will want to preserve my own health and those of whom I love, and I will make sensible decisions about affection not be further dictated by the state.
As the roadmaps irreversible I think we'll all have to assess our own risks and learn to live with it.

Reactions: 7
We have friends who moved over there three years ago. They are currently talking about moving back because the inability to visit family or have family visit them is too much. 😔
It really sucks for all the Australians with friends, family and loved ones overseas (me included!)

I wish our PM put more effort into speeding up vaccinations. We need to open up for tourism and business and education for the sake of the economy sooner rather than later I think. But also, I like the normality having zero covid in the community brings, Bah. It all sucks.

Reactions: 2
I asked this elsewhere guys but got no response - does anyone know the status of travel within the UK at the moment? I was hoping to travel from NI to London in a couple of months but hadn't booked flights yet as everything was still up in the air. To be clear, this would be for leisure, it wouldn't be for work - I realise that is alright and allowed atm.

Reactions: 1
I asked this elsewhere guys but got no response - does anyone know the status of travel within the UK at the moment? I was hoping to travel from NI to London in a couple of months but hadn't booked flights yet as everything was still up in the air. To be clear, this would be for leisure, it wouldn't be for work - I realise that is alright and allowed atm.
I'd just go ahead and book them ,I'm not sure anyone would know what the next few months will bring if there's restrictions again would they not offer a refund !

Reactions: 3
Hey everyone 😄

I posted weeks ago about apprehension getting the vaccine because of known allergies to medication (NSAIDs) and was worried after hearing about people having reactions, and also a bit because it felt like I was being forced into a corner getting it because of talks of not being able to access anywhere without having it.

Anyway, had my first dose yesterday afternoon and so far it’s alright. They put me at ease and explained everything, was a very quick process. I got AZ, and so far this morning my arm hurts a bit and it feels like I’m coming down with flu (shivery, headache, sore muscles, tired) which was to be expected. So far no bad reactions, and I’m assuming I’d have had it bad by now.

I’m not too concerned with blood clots, was on the pill nearly 20 years and have been on long flights, so if I was susceptible to clots I think I would’ve had one by now 🤷🏼‍♀️ I’ll be honest though and say if it wasn’t offered I wouldn’t have thought to get it myself.

Reactions: 10
How will this effect their economy in the long run? What about Australians outside of Australia who want to go back to visit family etc? How does it work?!
Australia will be nothing more than an hermit state like North Korea where people cannot get in or leave without special permission. I thought our own population had been scared stiff by the media and politicians but Australia is something else. People there panic when one infection comes to light and the majority back the government in killing tourism and aviation to keep people out even if they are fully vaccinated and taken a couple of swab tests. They don't want people going there under any circumstances and that's sad.

Reactions: 5
It really sucks for all the Australians with friends, family and loved ones overseas (me included!)

I wish our PM put more effort into speeding up vaccinations. We need to open up for tourism and business and education for the sake of the economy sooner rather than later I think. But also, I like the normality having zero covid in the community brings, Bah. It all sucks.
It’s a tough one. My mum is in Spain and I haven’t seen her since October 2019. I’m all for us being safe here but I really wish there could be some sort of exemption for us with family abroad.

It seems crazy to me that my neighbour can fly to Spain to attend to her property there but unless my Mum is dead/dying I can’t. 😔

• Sad
Reactions: 5
Australia will be nothing more than an hermit state like North Korea where people cannot get in or leave without special permission. I thought our own population had been scared stiff by the media and politicians but Australia is something else. People there panic when one infection comes to light and the majority back the government in killing tourism and aviation to keep people out even if they are fully vaccinated and taken a couple of swab tests. They don't want people going there under any circumstances and that's sad.
Yikes, what utter BS. Please cut back on the sensationalism. It’s offensive.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
I am up early, like 5 am. Vaccination booking opens for under 30s today so I am waiting to get into the virtial queue at 7 am. Needed time to get the coffee going, dogs out, etc, though first. When they opened it to +30 last week, 100,000 people signed up in one day which is a lot for our province. It will either be Moderna or Pfizer we are given.

• Heart
Reactions: 4
I am up early, like 5 am. Vaccination booking opens for under 30s today so I am waiting to get into the virtial queue at 7 am. Needed time to get the coffee going, dogs out, etc, though first. When they opened it to +30 last week, 100,000 people signed up in one day which is a lot for our province. It will either be Moderna or Pfizer we are given.
Getting a jab where you are sounds harder than getting glastonbury tickets 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 9
Getting a jab where you are sounds harder than getting glastonbury tickets 😂
LOL. So at 7 am, you get put in the queue, and then at 8 am bookings open so really the process is the same as trying to get concert tickets.
I know family members in the UK's doctors just called them and that seems easier. Here, family doctors aren't doing them and I am not sure if they ever will. They are being done at big convention centers or pharmacies.

India seems to be getting hit from all sides
My husband (in Mumbai) lost 3 members of staff over the weekend, one had a lot of other health issues but the other 2 were both under 40 and fit and healthy outside of this. I am so worried for my husband - not just covid but the mental toll of being there now. Outside where our house is on the way to his office is the beginning of a 'slum' and he said they just have bodies covered in plastic laying by the road. It hurts my heart to think about.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 16

At last. I have been banging on about personal responsibility on here for months now. He needs to give clarity about what he expects from June 21st too when if people want to continue to distance from people, avoid places and wear a mask that is there choice but nothing is no longer mandatory.

Reactions: 7
My husband (in Mumbai) lost 3 members of staff over the weekend, one had a lot of other health issues but the other 2 were both under 40 and fit and healthy outside of this. I am so worried for my husband - not just covid but the mental toll of being there now. Outside where our house is on the way to his office is the beginning of a 'slum' and he said they just have bodies covered in plastic laying by the road. It hurts my heart to think about.
Very sorry to here that x ...it's unimaginable what those people must be going through , I hope your husband keeps safe x

• Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.