Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #90

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
My step dad is today going into week 11 since having his first dose of the vaccine and hasn’t heard about having his second.. is this normal?
Did he not get given a vaccination card with the date of his second dose on it when he had his first one?

Reactions: 1
My step dad is today going into week 11 since having his first dose of the vaccine and hasn’t heard about having his second.. is this normal?
Yeah don't think I'd had my second at that point either. They'll be aware and will call him.

• Heart
Reactions: 2
I was under the impression that you now make an appointment for your first and second dose at the same/similar time?

It's probably best to contact the practice if he hasn't made a second appointment though

Reactions: 4
Did he not get given a vaccination card with the date of his second dose on it when he had his first one?
No, It seems like where I live if you go to a mass vaccination centre you find out when your 2nd is but at the GP where he went they say they’ll contact you!

Yeah don't think I'd had my second at that point either. They'll be aware and will call him.
Thank you! ❤

No, It seems like where I live if you go to a mass vaccination centre you find out when your 2nd is but at the GP where he went they say they’ll contact you!
That's the same here.

When you book online for mass vaccine center you book 1st and 2nd together.

If you book via GP they only book 1st and will contact you to book 2nd.

As it has been 11 weeks I would try and contact them. My husband was told he would be contacted at about 8-10 weeks

• Heart
Reactions: 3
That's the same here.

When you book online for mass vaccine center you book 1st and 2nd together.

If you book via GP they only book 1st and will contact you to book 2nd.

As it has been 11 weeks I would try and contact them. My husband was told he would be contacted at about 8-10 weeks
Thank you! I think I’ll contact tomorrow and see .. although I’m sure they’ll just tell me he has to wait until they have doses 🙄

I’m a group 6er....should be mid/end May too, yay! They’re doing so well
Group 6 here too! Last week of May would be 12 weeks since my first dose so I’m hoping I’ll hear soon about my second.

It's looking more likely the pain in the arse will happen. I will do it to get back in a sports stadium but I don't like it and there should be an end date to scrap the idea so it only lasts a few months.

Meant to say I had a letter on Saturday to say that any over 16s in my household could be vaccinated as I’m immune suppressed....it doesn’t apply to me as only me and my ten year old son here but thought it was a really good idea as an extra protection....may help with teachers who live with vulnerable people for example

• Heart
Reactions: 13
Day after my vaccine and I feel like I’ve got the worlds worst hangover, also knew I was going to get a painful arm after what everyone’s said but I can’t even move it, all this from a little prick 😭

• Sad
Reactions: 8
40 here still can't book 1st vaccine. Our gps is tit husband can book via vaccination Centre but he's 48.

Was reading about an American celebrity going in vacation comments on Instagram.
Seems Canada as strict as here.
Some people really insensitive.
My American family in South act like covids not happening.

Still same boring life here dog walk. Supermarket occasionally park.
Kids clubs returned last week.

Still not been non essential shopping in town. Have been local charity shop.
Still not booked hairdressers for myself and girls but got some to barbers last week.
Have met up with sister and mum at park haven't seen them since last August think they happy they can leave Wales but haven't travelled over Wales yet myself waiting dad to have 2nd vaccine.

Reactions: 4

If you have to be an NHS staff to stand a chance of going then they could easily allow a full capacity as those in that line of work have either already been vaccinated and/or get tested twice a week.

Day after my vaccine and I feel like I’ve got the worlds worst hangover, also knew I was going to get a painful arm after what everyone’s said but I can’t even move it, all this from a little prick 😭
Hope you’re better soon x the arm is something else 😖 should be about 80% better tomorrow ... Whitty has a lot to answer for 😅

• Haha
40 here still can't book 1st vaccine. Our gps is tit husband can book via vaccination Centre but he's 48.

Was reading about an American celebrity going in vacation comments on Instagram.
Seems Canada as strict as here.
Some people really insensitive.
My American family in South act like covids not happening.

Still same boring life here dog walk. Supermarket occasionally park.
Kids clubs returned last week.

Still not been non essential shopping in town. Have been local charity shop.
Still not booked hairdressers for myself and girls but got some to barbers last week.
Have met up with sister and mum at park haven't seen them since last August think they happy they can leave Wales but haven't travelled over Wales yet myself waiting dad to have 2nd vaccine.
Aged 40 can’t book yet your in the next group, won’t be long X

Has anyone here flown in the pandemic and it been ok? My husband has to fly today for a family emergency and I am a nervous wreck. It is only a 1 hr flight but I am terrified he will get covid and I might never see him as again. Sounds very dramatic I know but looking for reassuring stories. 😭. He has a triple layer mask with a filter which makes it 5 layers.

• Sad
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.