Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #90

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:

It still doesn't make sense. We get told outside is far safer so things like sports stadiums and festivals should be the last places that you need a passport for, not the first.
I think it’s so they can open at full capacity without the need for masks and social distancing. It would probably help some places as opening at less than full capacity is not profitable. To be transparent I don’t like the sound of covid passports at all however during a pandemic I can be objective and see how they could prove helpful but if they bring them in I think it really needs to be a time limited thing. I think testing needs to continue to play a part too, and we still need to know how effective the vaccines are at preventing transmission and serious illness. I’d personally feel safer right now in a theatre for example knowing that everyone had tested negative for covid than that everyone had had the vaccine. But hopefully as we get more data things will become clearer and eventually this will be something we can live alongside without all these restrictions, if the vaccines and treatments are enough to keep hospitalisations and deaths low.

Reactions: 5

Stage 3 kids shouldn't have to wear masks at school in any settings. Let schools stop all use of face coverings to have a better idea of spread before stage 4 happens. It seems poor to go from masks in most education places, to nothing a month later for anyone anywhere.

Reactions: 3
There is no need for a vaccine passport. I rather be at festival that all have been tested for COVID than have a vaccine. The vaccine protects YOU. You can still catch COVID you can pass it on but because you have the vaccine you aren’t ill and have no idea you have it and you are wondering around thinking I have had my vaccine I am safe and you are not . Again the vaccine only protects YOU .

Reactions: 8

Crazy in India with the punishments you get for breaking rules. It's also rumoured the 1,700 a day deaths could be ten times higher due to under reporting. The incinarators are melting because they are having to burn that many dead bodies that they haven't got time to cool back down between funerals. I would suspect deaths are being under reported and infections too. If it was genuinely 1,700 deaths a day that wouldn't be as bad as it's made out to be because it's around twice the numbers we had at our peak days but in a country of over a billion which is many times bigger than the UK.

• Sad
Reactions: 4
My partner and I just started our participation in the Oxford Uni covid study today. Signed up for a year but will probably not take part that long - still good to know if we can help.

• Heart
Reactions: 7

To fill 90,000 NHS jobs will take time because people need to be trained up for most of the roles and cannot be fast tracked when mistakes could happen. As I have said before they need to bring in thousands of the army and use arenas and theatres across the country for scans and x rays so at the very least you can whiz through waiting lists for those types of patients, which would put the mind at ease for those that come back clear and rushes forward those who need urgent treatment. They might have to look to see if they can get staff from abroad to move here on a decent salary.

There is no need for a vaccine passport. I rather be at festival that all have been tested for COVID than have a vaccine. The vaccine protects YOU. You can still catch COVID you can pass it on but because you have the vaccine you aren’t ill and have no idea you have it and you are wondering around thinking I have had my vaccine I am safe and you are not . Again the vaccine only protects YOU .
I’m sure I read recently that they believe it also reduces asymptomatic transmission by a significant amount. Plus if everyone has a vaccine then it doesn’t matter if they get it - as they will be protected? The LFTs are not very sensitive or accurate and would potentially miss quite a few contagious people. I think a combo of both is probably best but I don’t agree with mandatory vaccines!

That reads like it was only 32 people out of the 74,000 had the jab ! does that mean the rest didn't .The jab wasn't used till Dec
Yes so out of 74,000 in hospital between September and March only 32 had had the jab. Need to see the figures for December to March really, as like you say jabs didn't start until then.

Reactions: 2
Yes so out of 74,000 in hospital between September and March only 32 had had the jab. Need to see the figures for December to March really, as like you say jabs didn't start until then.
Maybe it's poorly written ? but it doesn't make sense if they're trying to make out only 32 of 74,000 people that had the jab were admitted they're quoting 7 mths of data where 4 of those months the jab didn't exist🤷‍♀️

Maybe it's poorly written ? but it doesn't make sense if they're trying to make out only 32 of 74,000 people that had the jab were admitted they're quoting 7 mths of data where 4 of those months the jab didn't exist🤷‍♀️
Unless they are counting those who took it in trials to see if they were safe to be approved for mass use and worked.

Anyone else get the impression some experts want another surge so they can say I told you so :D

• Sad
No it isn't 74000 people who had the jab.

There were 74000 people in hospital with covid between September and March. Of those 74000, 32 have had the jab.

Reactions: 8
Unless they are counting those who took it in trials to see if they were safe to be approved for mass use and worked.

Anyone else get the impression some experts want another surge so they can say I told you so :D
No they’ve bolloxed up that story it’s old people that were counted according to this https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/live/uk-56826976?ns_mchannel=social&ns_source=twitter&ns_campaign=bbc_live&ns_linkname=607fdd4725a85502a4b2dd93&Vaccine is working in real world - Sage scientist&2021-04-21T08:12:06.344Z&ns_fee=0&pinned_post_locator=urn:asset:7951d870-6ba0-407e-b18c-90d7ff2f4b73&pinned_post_asset_id=607fdd4725a85502a4b2dd93&pinned_post_type=share

I was a group 2'er and we've all had or having 2nd dose now. The group 6 people who we support are mid/end of May so hopefully by June the most vulnerable groups will be double dosed :)
I’m a group 6er....should be mid/end May too, yay! They’re doing so well

• Heart
My step dad is today going into week 11 since having his first dose of the vaccine and hasn’t heard about having his second.. is this normal?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.