Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #90

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
find it strange that government officials have never called the vaccine anything but the Oxford vaccine, Boris even used it in parliament as a dig against the SNP because they didn’t call it the Oxford vaccine.

now it’s the AstraZeneca vaccine 😐 not once the “Oxford vaccine” this morning.
Feels like they’re trying to distance themselves from it while it’s under scrutiny

• Haha
Reactions: 9
The odds of getting toxic shock syndrome from using tampons is apparently 1 in 100,000. Shall we ban tampons as well.
Multiple people in these threads mentioned the risk of the pill. I saw an article from a medical professional talking about it and thought people who post in here would find it useful to read. Of course tampons shouldn't be banned. We get in cars even though we are more likely to die involving one than taking the AZ vaccine. We risk things every day that we have more chance of dying from than the AZ vaccine. My own mother has her second AZ vaccine later today and I can't wait for her to have her antibodies topped up. One of the families who have lost a loved one from a blood clot are even telling people to keep taking it......

Reactions: 4
Multiple people in these threads mentioned the risk of the pill. I saw an article from a medical professional talking about it and thought people who post in here would find it useful to read. Of course tampons shouldn't be banned. We get in cars even though we are more likely to die involving one than taking the AZ vaccine. We risk things every day that we have more chance of dying from than the AZ vaccine. My own mother has her second AZ vaccine later today and I can't wait for her to have her antibodies topped up. One of the families who have lost a loved one from a blood clot are even telling people to keep taking it......

Yip! He looks like a young women under 30 for sure :)

Reactions: 1
What I'd really like to know is if these people who have developed blood clots on their brain were in perfect health before the vaccine or if they had any sort of underlying condition. I think that information is very important.

Reactions: 14
Some of you might remember my dilemma about whether I should attend a baby shower over the weekend. Well that decision was taken out of my hands as my great niece was born early hours this morning 5 weeks early

• Heart
Reactions: 18
Yip! He looks like a young women under 30 for sure :)
Yeah the 19 deaths from the 20 million or so doses given are over a wide range of ages of both sexes. Hancock didn't need to pour fuel on the fire with a full piece about it......

That press conference yesterday wasn't needed either. It just made the situation seem more serious than it is. Around 1 person has died for every 1 million doses given. If the AZ vaccine hadn't been approved far more than 19 people would have died from covid than the amount of lives saved from covid by taking it.

Reactions: 3
find it strange that government officials have never called the vaccine anything but the Oxford vaccine, Boris even used it in parliament as a dig against the SNP because they didn’t call it the Oxford vaccine.

Feels like they’re trying to distance themselves from it while it’s under scrutiny

Can't have precious Oxford University dragged into disrepute now can we?

I wondered that too.

I wonder if the risk is increased if someone is both on the pill and has the az vaccine?

Having said that, there must often be a risk of developing blood clots as there are many situations were preventative measures are taken , like long haul flights, or after hospital procedures.

When we talk about blood clots, we usually mean dvt , these ones with the az are different cos they are in the brain ,
The clots were not just in the brain, some of the reported cases were other kinds of thrombosis in the veins.

Some of you might remember my dilemma about whether I should attend a baby shower over the weekend. Well that decision was taken out of my hands as my great niece was born early hours this morning 5 weeks early
Lovely news! I hope mum and baby are both doing well given the circumstances.

Yeah the 19 deaths from the 20 million or so doses given are over a wide range of ages of both sexes. Hancock didn't need to pour fuel on the fire with a full piece about it......

That press conference yesterday wasn't needed either. It just made the situation seem more serious than it is. Around 1 person has died for every 1 million doses given. If the AZ vaccine hadn't been approved far more than 19 people would have died from covid than the amount of lives saved from covid by taking it.
The press conference was probably to clarify a lot of questions that people had and to reassure people the benefits of the vaccine outweigh the risks.

Reactions: 2

Fun fact - the Oxford vaccine is called 'Covishield' in India. We don't seem to have given any of them proper names here. Its always just "Oxford/AZ" or "Pfizer" vaccine.

Brilliant news I hope baby and mother are both doing well :) I have a great neice and it doesn't half make you feel old so enjoy it :D

So in the UK it's illegal to go on holiday. Yet we allow thousands a day to come in to the UK still and now we've had cases of a Nigeria variant (never heard of it before, just add it to the list of variants) double in a short space of time.

Brilliant news I hope baby and mother are both doing well :) I have a great neice and it doesn't half make you feel old so enjoy it :D

So in the UK it's illegal to go on holiday. Yet we allow thousands a day to come in to the UK still and now we've had cases of a Nigeria variant (never heard of it before, just add it to the list of variants) double in a short space of time.
She is my 6th great niece and I also have 5 great nephews. I've felt old for a while 🤣

• Wow
Reactions: 3
She is my 6th great niece and I also have 5 great nephews. I've felt old for a while 🤣
Flipping heck I have one of each and feel old so you must be dreaming of drawing your pension ha ha.

As a big believer than cash is king, I love that story. Support your local pub by getting in their beer garden and paying with cash :) Although the weather forecast for the next fortnight is cold so I feel a lot of pubs will be losing cash by being open.

Fun fact - the Oxford vaccine is called 'Covishield' in India. We don't seem to have given any of them proper names here. Its always just "Oxford/AZ" or "Pfizer" vaccine.
Africa have dropped plans to buy it now, it’s all gone a bit wrong for the Great British vaccine,
I’m slightly happy just to shut Boris and HandCock up 😐 I know that’s disturbing... I’m well aware that’s disturbing 🤷‍♀️😐

• Haha

I think more companies will go down that route. They might not be able to afford to give you a payrise but would be more open to you working somewhere else in the world a few months of the year. As much as I love work from home I think I would struggle to motivate myself to work if I was somewhere like Barbados or Miami for example :D It would work well for people with no ties and even those with kids could spend a month of the six weeks holiday somewhere abroad as a family.

Africa have dropped plans to buy it now, it’s all gone a bit wrong for the Great British vaccine,
I’m slightly happy just to shut Boris and HandCock up 😐 I know that’s disturbing... I’m well aware that’s disturbing 🤷‍♀️😐

I like to call Matt Hancock "Cock Hattman". As an anagram it suits him far better than his real name.

• Haha
Reactions: 5
Now Australia won’t give the Oxford jab to under 50’s. Recommend to give Pfizer instead.

Please don't make me go to the Conspiracy thread but I bet the people at Pfizer and Moderna are pretty happy about all this - profit wise I mean.

I just hope some people still want the AZ - my stepdad was on the trial, and I know a lot of people that have all had it happily enough.

Hopefully enough Pfizer and Moderna / Johnson and Johnson to go round for anyone that would rather another, sounds like there will be anyway

Reactions: 11
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.