Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #90

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
How about just stop offering AZ given its clearly not safe and very likely even more unsafe than they are currently admitting. Van Tam looked really uncomfortable and shifty as duck during that press conference today.
I thought they were trying too hard and then those uncomfortable silences to certain questions....

I meant at federal level - I think he mentioned them being Bidens plan in one of his statements. The White House have ruled that out now (realistically its probably because they dont have the infrastructure). I should have been more clear.

I think AZ will be pushed out to clinically vulnerable still! Possibly because the benefit for them out weighs the risk of the blood clot issue?
It may put a lot of people off though ,it’s interesting the difference in the ROI take post vaccine they can meet and greet other’s

Reactions: 2
The odds of getting toxic shock syndrome from using tampons is apparently 1 in 100,000. Shall we ban tampons as well.
The odds of a person dying in a car crash are also 1 in 100,000 - every three months. Yet we all happily jump into our cars every day!

The news today about the AZ vaccine has really annoyed me.

Why was the GP happy enough to put me on the pill for my iron/periods at the age of when the risk of a blood clot is approx 1 in 2,500 (from the article linked above), but the Govt are now warning me against getting a vaccine with a death rate of 1 in what 2.5mn?? It’s so daft.

There are no vaccine passports yet in the US.

This is typical "boogeyman" politics by the Republicans. Abbott is up for re-election next year and he messed up badly in the beginning of this year with what happened in Texas so he needs something to come out against.

Do you know whats annoying too? Apparently there are higher numbers of young women getting blood clots from the vaccine too but they haven't mentioned that! Only "under 30s" ?
I haven’t seen/read any other news outlets today but BBC News this eve did mention young women were more at risk 👍🏻

Last edited:
Reactions: 17
If people are going to turn down the AZ vaccine and wait for a Pfizer or other alternative it will mean a slowdown of the vaccination program because it would affect supplies. A slowdown of the program wouldn't be very helpful at this stage.

This blood clot news, 79 out of 20 million, why are people crapping their pants?

Reactions: 15
If people are going to turn down the AZ vaccine and wait for a Pfizer or other alternative it will mean a slowdown of the vaccination program because it would affect supplies. A slowdown of the program wouldn't be very helpful at this stage.

This blood clot news, 79 out of 20 million, why are people crapping their pants?
It’s just a repeat of this whole covid tit show. People aren’t used to death figures so start shitting themselves once figures are published. People aren’t aware of blood clot stats, or any other side effect figures, once the vaccine stats are published they tit themselves again.

Reactions: 3

It was slowing down anyway it was reported a couple of days ago ,makes you wonder did the UK regulator rush this vaccine through at the very beginning and just cross their fingers if I remember rightly there were a lot of raised eyebrows at the speed of which they passed it when other countries were claiming the data wasn't what it should be they thought they had " embellished " it ,also it's very coincidental that the enquiry took place just as the Moderna vacc arrived to give to the under 30's did they let it go until that delivery arrived ???????

67D1DB91-BBDE-48F3-A690-56DC25ACFEB5.jpeg

Last edited:
Reactions: 1

Maybe because willingly having an experimental drug injected in your arm that they now admit has a higher chance of killing under 30s than the disease it combats sounds kind of unappealing? Especially when there are alternatives that seemingly don't carry that risk. If they really want people to get vaccinated then I'll wait till they can offer my Pfizer.

Reactions: 8
Maybe because willingly having an experimental drug injected in your arm that they now admit has a higher chance of killing under 30s than the disease it combats sounds kind of unappealing? Especially when there are alternatives that seemingly don't carry that risk. If they really want people to get vaccinated then I'll wait till they can offer my Pfizer.
A higher chance but we are talking small numbers here, still no need to panic, yes it's experimental, bound to be problems in some area's what do people expect? If more people refuse the jab whatever the reason we will be back in Lockdown before you know it.

Reactions: 4
A higher chance but we are talking small numbers here, still no need to panic, yes it's experimental, bound to be problems in some area's what do people expect? If more people refuse the jab whatever the reason we will be back in Lockdown before you know it.
The idea that any vaccine is potentially deadlier than the disease is really fucked up. We are all essentially Guinea Pigs.

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 17
The EU conference didn't follow that route they said all ages /sex were at risk it's just the benefits of the jab are greater the older you are .I also saw these clots can materialise up to 3 weeks after the jab I was under the impression they appeared a lot sooner and why are they not plastering the symptoms to be aware of in the media I haven't seen any mention of them .

The idea that any vaccine is potentially deadlier than the disease is really fucked up. We are all essentially Guinea Pigs.
But the vaccine isn't potentially deadlier than the disease. As for us being Guinea Pigs, well we are indeed, no time to lose.

The EU conference didn't follow that route they said all ages /sex were at risk it's just the benefits of the jab are greater the older you are .I also saw these clots can materialise up to 3 weeks after the jab I was under the impression they appeared a lot sooner and why are they not plastering the symptoms to be aware of in the media I haven't seen any mention of them .

Well I think we know fine why the media aren't making a big deal. It kept being described as the evidence "mounting" against AZ. How many have to die before they pull the plug?

But the vaccine isn't potentially deadlier than the disease. As for us being Guinea Pigs, well we are indeed, no time to lose.
Incorrect. The reason AZ is banned for under 30s is because it IS potentially deadlier for them than covid.

Reactions: 8
The odds of a person dying in a car crash are also 1 in 100,000 - every three months. Yet we all happily jump into our cars every day!

Why was the GP happy enough to put me on the pill for my iron/periods at the age of when the risk of a blood clot is approx 1 in 2,500 (from the article linked above), but the Govt are now warning me against getting a vaccine with a death rate of 1 in what 2.5mn?? It’s so daft.

I haven’t seen/read any other news outlets today but BBC News this eve did mention young women were more at risk 👍🏻
I agree that is has been totally overblown which is quite frustrating, and now people will be unnecessarily worried, there is not a press conference on every rare side effect of every medication, nobody would take anything if they did that!

The vaccine is only being stopped because the risk of a young person developing a clot after the AZ vaccine is slightly higher than the risk of a young person dying of covid - both are close to 0, but still slightly more risky to get the vaccine. The risk of treatment outweighs the risk of not treating. No doctor is going to give you a treatment where the risk of the treatment is higher than the risk of dying of the disease. But in older people the risk of dying of covid is much much greater, so the tiny risk of getting a clot is worth taking as they are much much more likely to die of covid. In older people the risk of the disease far outweighs the risk of the treatment.

I think the risk of blood clots from the pill is overstated in that article, I've found others that suggest that it's around 1 in 10,000. The risk of getting a blood clot in pregnancy is much higher than the risk of the pill, so that's why it is happily prescribed by doctors. The risk of treatment is less than the risk during pregnancy.

For anyone who is worried have a read here to understand more about risk, it's written in a relatively easy to understand way.

Last edited:
Reactions: 11
I've had both AZ vaccines and yes first one made me a bit ill for a day but the second one had no side effects at all. I feel all this vaccine hysteria that
has come about is going to slow all the opening of society.

Unless the government is outright lying all the people who are at most risk of Covid have now been vaccinated. The risk is quite minimal. We need to start looking forward.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
I do agree with the sentiment of the article around the risks of the pill are more generally accepted because they aren’t endangering men (and enable them to have carefree unprotected sex without any adverse health effects!)

Then a vaccine with a lower risk comes along, but obvs we can’t have MEN being at risk, not the men, please no!

Was going to write it earlier but didn’t want to get my angry feminist hat out here 😅
I wondered that too.

I wonder if the risk is increased if someone is both on the pill and has the az vaccine?

Having said that, there must often be a risk of developing blood clots as there are many situations were preventative measures are taken , like long haul flights, or after hospital procedures.

When we talk about blood clots, we usually mean dvt , these ones with the az are different cos they are in the brain ,

The biggest problem i can see with all this is i don't think we have an abundance of supply.
I'm early 40s husband late 40s we not had our jabs yet.
My parents seem so keen to meet they had 1 az jab dad has issues blood clotting anyway so baffled why he dident have pfizer.
He said most of Wales was az.
Husbans works non essential and hes the only one if his colleagues thats not had jab some younger than him
His shop opens next week.
We have 3 children at 3 different schools and our senior school had case just before half term.
Our primaries dident but few local ones to me did.
My fear is everyone met up for Easter.
I'm doubtful tbh non essential retail and salons will push up the r rate however I do think numbers will start going up if we open up everything and only have half the population vaccinated.
If he opens up foreign travel and new varient takes hold I will be devastated
We don't have masses of pfizer or moderna.
J and j has less efficiency than az.
Not sure when that's arriving.
We only just got 500k moderna out of 17million order a drop in he ocean what we need and read will be used Scotland and Wales.
So I do think this news of further damaging confidence in AZ and telling people wait for other brands will increase infections and think we need to slow down reopening time table.
I'm doubtful we meet every adult by July 31st and if that's just 1 jab and 12 weeks gap autumn will be another tit show.

Sky news also mentioned the same

Reactions: 2
If you have had one jab of AZ and don’t want the 2nd they won’t give you a different jab so your just left with less protection.

Reactions: 4
They’re chugging along here, new age group added
6D7B87F1-F9AF-4E29-B45A-69EB4DD5050C.jpeg

Kids now have the highest infection rate

Since when was this a proven fact! Does this mean those vaccinated won’t have to test twice weekly as they can’t catch COVID
41BF6562-8FEB-46C2-B600-27E4F1252F02.jpeg

Last edited:
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.