Coronavirus disease outbreak - COVID-19 #9

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
oh wow really! where I am there are so many piled up in all the big supermarkets
It’s been interesting reading the different situations in supermarkets around the country. Though of course depends on specific time of visit too. Practically everyone reports back some empty shelves though, the bulk buying is absolutely nationwide, the products may be more varied.

That said, i live in central ish London (zone 2) and don’t have a car. There are some reasonably sized supermarkets near me but I don’t often bother to go to them - and I’ve completely avoided them recently. Cornershop/ off licence/ newsagent type places are everywhere in my area and these days sell lots of decent grocery items too (a benefit of gentrification?).
The one I went in today you’d never know anything unusual was happening except for this sign.
1AE53FCD-522E-414F-8135-BE7651673687.jpeg

Generally these places are a bit pricier with less choice but it’s worth pointing out if you have a shop like this near you and are worried about not getting things you need at the supermarket. I also bought paracetamol.

Reactions: 9
Yeah my friend works in Tesco and they just got potatoes after 4 days without. The shops empty people are telling them to check through the back for things but the back is also empty that's why I'm a bit worried about that too
I think it's just they can't keep up with the demand ,that's why they want to discourage panic buying so everyone gets what they need.. that way the suppliers won't be put under constant pressure as well..

Reactions: 2
No don't have a spare been meaning to get one cut for ages! :( my friend (also lives alone) suggested going to stay with her so if we are locked down we'll at least not be lonely and she also has asthma so is worried if she had an asthma attack in her house alone! No idea what to do xx
Not a bad idea if there's room ,+ you get on well. Safety in numbers n all that. You're gut will tell you what to do. I'm a great believer in greater powers at work although I'm not in the least religious 🤔 Do what feels right for you and what you feel comfortable with.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Was anything said about sick pay and taking time off work to social distance today or yesterday? 12 weeks is a lot of £££ especially with a lot of employees possibly needing it off....

deleted paragraph might be a trigger for some people I dunno soz x

Last edited:
Reactions: 1
Just been forwarded this by a friend:
From an nhs colleague:
We have just been sent a medical alert that no one is to use anti inflammatories (eg Ibrufen, Voltarol, naproxen and there are others) for pain or high temperature. Use paracetamol instead. There seems to be a link between severe cases of covid19 affecting young people with no underlying illnesses and taking anti inflammatories. Initial reports started coming from French Drs on Friday. This has been confirmed by infectious diseases consultants here - there are 4 young people in ICU in Cork who have no underlying illnesses - all were taking anti inflammatories and there are concerns this has caused a more severe illness. We have been asked to spread the message. French tv and radio apparently broadcast the same warning today..
From John Greenwood’s niece...Consultant Pediatrician in London.
Please pass on.
The part about four young people in Cork was proven to be fake, it first did the rounds on what's app before being reported and then shown to be completely untrue.

Quit smoking three years ago not had one since but all this worry and stress with family and life etc I caved today ugh

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 8
2 people in my area have put on Facebook they've been told to self isolate and they are showing symptoms of the virus one said "I think it's just the flu so I went to the pub for lunch and the kids are still going to school" the other idiot "mines is worse than that but Iv to pick up a prescription from the chemist tomorrow so I'll get that on the school run & see how I feel after it" gobsmacked. They are both in their later 20s have 4/5 kids each and think they can just swan about having lunch and sending their kids out when they've been told to self isolate 🤦🏻‍♀️ Our chemist deliver. They'd post her prescription.

• Angry
  • Wow
Reactions: 24
Brilliant...

32D4B17F-D5A4-4386-B623-133B50DE6590.jpeg
79347383-BF27-4D01-8A8A-238D6E52F1EA.jpeg
665D4BE4-ECE8-46CE-82D6-04803376C358.jpeg

Quit smoking three years ago not had one since but all this worry and stress with family and life etc I caved today ugh
possibly the worst time to cave as you’re now putting yourself into a high risk category, do the right thing, for your family and life, chuck the damn things 👍

• Haha
Reactions: 22
:oops: 🤦‍♀️

"Brits have snubbed the government's advice by continuing to drink and party in pubs and clubs on St Patrick's Day despite the coronavirus pandemic.

Revellers defied advice that 'social distancing' was needed to tackle COVID-19 and instead rubbed shoulders at nightclubs across London, Newcastle and Manchester."

• Angry
  • Sick
Reactions: 13
Remove if not allowed!!!
So annoyed with idiots on social media, you have Brenda from up the road sharing posts about schools closing....In Australia 😫 seen this a good few times with different posts obviously people are not reading things and just sharing the hell out of any tit for the sake of it!! Bit dangerous,,
Then there's people who you know full well drive moaning about not being able to get their shopping delivered for weeks 🤔 isnt thst a bit selfish on the disabled & elderly who don't drive??
Then people slating the stock pilers but making up numerous "carebags" for people in need, well hang on if they didn't just stock pile themselves to make the bloody care bags people wouldn't need them 😫😫 the list goes on I've had to remove myself from social media as its depressing the life out of me really ashamed if this type of culture we've become

Sorry for the long rant I really am 😔

Reactions: 20
Has anyone else read the report that those with A blood group are more at risk of catching coronavirus than O blood group?
Any truth in this or yet more scaremongering?

Yes, you’ve guessed it, my 80 year old father with heart/lung/kidney conditions who is unable to self isolate is also blood group A!
Now all I need for them to report is that bald men with one leg are more at risk and I’ve got the full house! :rolleyes: :LOL:
Sorry, I have to joke or else I’d cry.

• Sad
  • Haha
Reactions: 12
Has anyone else read the report that those with A blood group are more at risk of catching coronavirus than O blood group?

Yes, you’ve guessed it, my 80 year old father with heart/lung/kidney conditions who is unable to self isolate is also blood group A!
Now all I need for them to report is that bald men with one leg are more at risk and I’ve got the full house! :rolleyes: :LOL:
My sister sent me and my Mum this earlier saying we are all O are we not. No, no we’re not I’m A I honestly wanted to cry. I’m already on the high risk with heart issues and high blood pressure 🙁

• Sad
If it gave you a bit of comfort, why not? I had a large glass of white wine tonight 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 2

I can’t say with certainty but the knowledge that I have over medical research is that it should nearly always be taken with a pinch of salt especially when it is performed retrospectively. There are far too many variables that go into each persons outcome that it would take a huge study to truly represent the effects of blood group. A prospective study with a significantly larger sample size (this study was only 2000!) would be more accurate and applicable to the general population, so take it with a pinch of salt 🤣

Reactions: 4
as many of you know hubby and I are in isolation now for 14 days!
im disabled and classed as very high risk especially because I’m showing more increasing symptoms (doctor has advised if I’m more unwell in the next 7 days I may get tested)
im worried I’m not gonna lie.
due to some personal needs, I am in need of antibac wipes, disposable gloves and we are running low on food we have I think 3 meals left and can ration bread until we get food delivery, We have absolutely no one around us for 3 hours away (and they wouldn’t help anyway)..
managed to book an ASDA shop which the earliest date is March 28th and likely not To get anything.
I for the first time in my life feel useless.
(Sorry having a wee rant)

• Sad
Reactions: 12
as many of you know hubby and I are in isolation now for 14 days!
im disabled and classed as very high risk especially because I’m showing more increasing symptoms (doctor has advised if I’m more unwell in the next 7 days I may get tested)
im worried I’m not gonna lie.
due to some personal needs, I am in need of antibac wipes, disposable gloves and we are running low on food we have I think 3 meals left and can ration bread until we get food delivery, We have absolutely no one around us for 3 hours away (and they wouldn’t help anyway)..
managed to book an ASDA shop which the earliest date is March 28th and likely not To get anything.
I for the first time in my life feel useless.
(Sorry having a wee rant)
Are you on a local FB group? I’m sure someone on there would drop off some shopping for you. I doubt they’d find any anti-bac, though. People on my local group are offering to help others so I’m sure you’ll find the same.
Which county are you in?

Reactions: 5

Sorry for laughing but that comes across a really funny ..I've elderly relatives to 90+94 god knows when l'll get to see them (their in a care home ) all we can do is hope for a good outcome x.

Reactions: 4
Are you on a local FB group? I’m sure someone on there would drop off some shopping for you. I doubt they’d find any anti-bac, though. People on my local group are offering to help others so I’m sure you’ll find the same.
Which county are you in?
thank you for the suggestion! I’m looking at groups now:)

Reactions: 3
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.