Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #82

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Well that's the thing! Here in Victoria we had an 111 day lockdown after an outbreak last year and got down to basically nothing except a few cases here and there in hotel quarantine. Since before Christmas life has been pretty much back to 'normal' (save for international borders being closed, unless you spend two weeks in a hotel in quarantine). But now we've had an outbreak in a hotel where a lady had the UK strain and used a nebulliser, and boom! 13 people have it and counting. So they're super cautious to avoid the situation elsewhere, where the numbers are unmanagable. This is meant to help stop spread while they track and trace contacts and do lots of testing etc.

It's weirdly more of a hit to my psyche that I expected? Am off to visit my Mum and sister tonight for dinner and then from midnight, back to the lockdown life for me!
I must say that I wish our government made quick snap decisions. We might not be in this mess if they reacted faster. I also wish five days sorted everything too 🤨

Reactions: 5
Yeah it was literally one guy who advises sage (John Edmunds) made a passing comment on Peston about how we would could possibly continue using masks for things like public transport, and that got spun into ‘SAGE says we will be wearing masks in all situations forever’ which is clearly the same thing 🥴

Honestly the press fill me with violent rage 🙃

edit to add: he also said the UK will be more or less free of covid by Christmas but why would they focus on that bit when there is hysteria to cause!
@JLXRD for official spokesperson of covid. Dealing with lies, one bullshit article at the time.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
Struggling with my mental health amongst the pandemic. Tried calling the Samaritans a few times and they didn’t answer. Tried talking to my doctor earlier in the week and all she said was ‘everyone is feeling like this’. I messaged my therapist saying I was having bad thoughts on WhatsApp and she’s seen it but hasn’t reply, I’m not scheduled to speak to her until Tuesday. Swear this is like the universe telling me something ahaha.
Im so sorry to hear that.
They do answer eventually I promise, just keep holding the line. If you're in an unsafe place then remember that there is immediate mental health help at your A&E in their crisis centers.
You also have the option of asking for a different GP. Some are useless, so its worth asking the receptionist to recommend a Dr who is sympathetic towards mental health.
For a doctor to say that everyone is feeling the same is very unprofessional and completely wrong. One person's normal exhaustion with it all is another person's crisis point.
We don't have a lot of fight left in us, but please try and use what you have to get the help you need - or reach out to friends and family and be as honest as you can about your situation. Strength comes in numbers

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Just recieved my vaccine. Actually got quite emotional especially after almost a year of shielding and feeling terrified about catching it. Feels like the first step back to normality

• Heart
Reactions: 39
Just heard on the BBC that the over 55's should be getting the jab from Monday, well that's me out because I'm 54 however my Brother should be getting his soon.

• Wow
Reactions: 7
Just heard on the BBC that the over 55's should be getting the jab from Monday, well that's me out because I'm 54 however my Brother should be getting his soon.
I get excited seeing every new group announced. Hopefully your brother can get an appointment soon (and then you shortly after!)

• Heart
Reactions: 6
I get excited seeing every new group announced. Hopefully your brother can get an appointment soon (and then you shortly after!)
Thank you!

I would like to add that as my Brother works in a supermarket I would have thought he and all workers in supermarkets should have
been given a priority no matter the age. I'm very keep to get my jab because I work as a motorcycle courier and I would feel better
knowing I have some protection.

• Heart
Reactions: 7

The story is based on claims made in the Telegraph. People wouldn't accept it and nor should they. If you have been jabbed and the other person has also been jabbed then bloody hug them no matter what Boris says. If both people involved in the physical contact have protection then give them a cuddle for your mental health and don't feel selfish for breaking a rule.

• Heart
Reactions: 4

Such a good article from the daily fail - every word is spot on.

Reactions: 3

Media keep putting pressure on Boris so fingers crossed he grows a set and doesn't keep social distancing and masks in place until the last part of the year at the earliest. It simply could not be policed to stop people hugging loved ones. I want to get back in a packed bar or club on a Saturday night until the early hours of Sunday.

Reactions: 2
I currently live in a flat and am moving to a house tomorrow and the prospect of having outside space I can just go and sit in privately when the weather gets a bit better has made the prospect of this tit show continuing not so bad.

Last year reading about everyone spending time in their gardens or my colleagues sitting out in their gardens to work I was so jealous.
I know how felt, I'm still in that situation but we're looking at houses atm and it's getting me all excited. Hopefully we'll have moved by the time it starts warming up.

It'll make so much difference, good luck with your move & congrats on the new house!

Reactions: 1
She's really finding literacy hard (looks, says it's hard even if it's research and send a link) but we can't even skip tricky days as the work carries on from before 😣 the teacher has been emailing and saying how well she is doing and how proud they are. I did speak to the head 2 weeks ago to say both found literacy hard and they wouldn't do any work for me (Did for my mum though).
I'm finding it hard, 7 year old needs a lot of help she struggles to add single digits and I'm spelling every single word for her 🤪
I’m having a very similar experience with my 8 yo. Maths is generally ok, but literacy is a whole other ball game. I too, am spelling every single word and basically feeding her ideas otherwise we’d be sat at a stalemate for hours. She also seems to hate reading so we haven’t done as much of that as I’d like... I do hope she doesn’t struggle too much when they go back. Keep seeing other mums posting pics of their kids willingly reading a chapter book and actually looking like they are enjoying the school work and I don’t know why mine can’t be like that😂 Trying to remember that people only post what they want people to see and they’ve probably had their fair share of home school battles that they’ve chosen not to share.

Half term next week for us, nothing much will really change but at least I won’t have the burden of playing teacher for a week. Maybe I’ll actually use the time to get my house in order instead.

Reactions: 4

The story is based on claims made in the Telegraph. People wouldn't accept it and nor should they. If you have been jabbed and the other person has also been jabbed then bloody hug them no matter what Boris says. If both people involved in the physical contact have protection then give them a cuddle for your mental health and don't feel selfish for breaking a rule.
It's easy to reject these things on a personal sense, i.e. go and hug people, go into people's homes. I plan on mixing a lot more with my vaccinated relatives in the coming weeks. But when you run a business which is seriously affected by these restrictions there isn't much we can do. My wedding venue has been all but closed for a year. We do about 100 weddings a year and last year we did 8. This year already people are dropping like flies. We can't 'reject' these and just open as normal as we would be breaking the law and lose our license and fined. Not aimed at you per se, but it is so frustrating to read people just saying REJECT THESE!

Reactions: 9
Can you link it please?
I think the ones linked previously were US based (I couldn't get the link to pull up an actual product) but we have these ones and they are great. Really comfy - three layers with the middle layer being made of polypropylene, which is commonly used in surgical masks.

New thread, needs question and POLL

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.