Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #82

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:

Quarter of a trillion ready to spend. Companies who have cut spending in recent years ready to spend now Brexit is over and people wanting to spend to make up for the past year. I bet Sunak cannot pester Bojo enough to open back up. People will never be at home when restrictions get lifted ha ha.

• Heart
Reactions: 3
My youngest is very grumpy at the moment which isn't like her at all and eldest is finding the work hard, she said she wishes she was dead so she didn't have to do school work 😭 both are struggling to sleep, one night they slept between 3-4 hours
My sons teacher was ringing round the parents yesterday to see how things were going I told her he's bored no motivation for school work she said most of the parents said the same ,not to force it if it's getting to them ,maybe you could contact her teacher and explain she's struggling .I think everyone's beyond fed up at this stage it's going on too long .

Reactions: 4
My sons teacher was ringing round the parents yesterday to see how things were going I told her he's bored no motivation for school work she said most of the parents said the same ,not to force it if it's getting to them ,maybe you could contact her teacher and explain she's struggling .I think everyone's beyond fed up at this stage it's going on too long .
She's really finding literacy hard (looks, says it's hard even if it's research and send a link) but we can't even skip tricky days as the work carries on from before 😣 the teacher has been emailing and saying how well she is doing and how proud they are. I did speak to the head 2 weeks ago to say both found literacy hard and they wouldn't do any work for me (Did for my mum though).
I'm finding it hard, 7 year old needs a lot of help she struggles to add single digits and I'm spelling every single word for her 🤪

Reactions: 2
She's really finding literacy hard (looks, says it's hard even if it's research and send a link) but we can't even skip tricky days as the work carries on from before 😣 the teacher has been emailing and saying how well she is doing and how proud they are. I did speak to the head 2 weeks ago to say both found literacy hard and they wouldn't do any work for me (Did for my mum though).
I'm finding it hard, 7 year old needs a lot of help she struggles to add single digits and I'm spelling every single word for her 🤪
You're not a teacher at the end of the day just do what you can there's no point stressing yourself or the kids out we all know they do more for others than they do for us ,my boy doesn't struggle he's just fed up with the monotony like the rest of us it's hard on kids not having any social interaction I'm sure everyone's in the same boat at this stage.

Reactions: 4
I currently live in a flat and am moving to a house tomorrow and the prospect of having outside space I can just go and sit in privately when the weather gets a bit better has made the prospect of this tit show continuing not so bad.

Last year reading about everyone spending time in their gardens or my colleagues sitting out in their gardens to work I was so jealous.
I felt SO lucky and grateful to have a garden to sit in in the first lockdown. I kept commenting how lucky we were to have one. It must have been much harder for people that don't have a garden!

Hope the move goes well and enjoy your new home and garden (when the weather is a bit warmer) ⛄⛄

Reactions: 5
Struggling with my mental health amongst the pandemic. Tried calling the Samaritans a few times and they didn’t answer. Tried talking to my doctor earlier in the week and all she said was ‘everyone is feeling like this’. I messaged my therapist saying I was having bad thoughts on WhatsApp and she’s seen it but hasn’t reply, I’m not scheduled to speak to her until Tuesday. Swear this is like the universe telling me something ahaha.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 19
Struggling with my mental health amongst the pandemic. Tried calling the Samaritans a few times and they didn’t answer. Tried talking to my doctor earlier in the week and all she said was ‘everyone is feeling like this’. I messaged my therapist saying I was having bad thoughts on WhatsApp and she’s seen it but hasn’t reply, I’m not scheduled to speak to her until Tuesday. Swear this is like the universe telling me something ahaha.
Hi lovely, I’ve never ever commented on any thread here before just usually lurk but I saw this and couldn’t not comment, as I don’t want to leave no reply and for something to happen overnight. I’m so sorry you had a response like that from your doctors, that’s awful and I hope your therapist gets back to you soon. In the meantime I’m not sure how this whole messaging thing works on here, but please feel free to message me and remember this is not forever, we will soon be out of this. What’s helped me is planning everything I intend on doing when restrictions allow, maybe you could make a list of everything you are going to do? Are there any friends/family you can speak to or maybe get out on a walk with tomorrow? Please don’t isolate yourself xx

• Heart
Reactions: 20
You matter, never forget that.

Get back in touch with your doctor, or another one at the surgery and tell them you need a better response than 'everyone is feeling like this'. If it's really bad, call 111 and they can help. Make sure to keep your appointment with your therapist in Tuesday.

Other options as well as Samaritans in the UK:

Campaign Against Living Miserably (CALM)
Call 0800 58 58 58 – 5pm to midnight every day
Visit the webchat page

Papyrus – for people under 35
Call 0800 068 41 41 – 9am to midnight every day
Text 07860 039967
Email
[email protected]

Shout Crisis Text Line – for everyone

Text “SHOUT” to 85258

Some helpful information and resources are also avaliable here: https://www.rethink.org/advice-and-...about-symptoms/suicidal-thoughts-how-to-cope/

• Heart
Reactions: 21
Have been feeling for you all in the UK with the long lockdown having gone through one. Turns out we're getting a 5 day lockdown to avoid the UK strain spreading here: https://www.abc.net.au/news/2021-02...a-live-news-covid-19-latest-victoria/13146258

😖
Five day lockdown. Wtf does your government hope that will achieve. Blimey (I'm not having a go at you M 💞) but we've been in lockdowns and restrictions for nearly a year now and we're still seeing high figures, albeit they're falling now.

Five days 😳

Reactions: 6
Five day lockdown. Wtf does your government hope that will achieve. Blimey (I'm not having a go at you M 💞) but we've been in lockdowns and restrictions for nearly a year now and we're still seeing high figures, albeit they're falling now.

Five days 😳
Well that's the thing! Here in Victoria we had an 111 day lockdown after an outbreak last year and got down to basically nothing except a few cases here and there in hotel quarantine. Since before Christmas life has been pretty much back to 'normal' (save for international borders being closed, unless you spend two weeks in a hotel in quarantine). But now we've had an outbreak in a hotel where a lady had the UK strain and used a nebulliser, and boom! 13 people have it and counting. So they're super cautious to avoid the situation elsewhere, where the numbers are unmanagable. This is meant to help stop spread while they track and trace contacts and do lots of testing etc.

It's weirdly more of a hit to my psyche that I expected? Am off to visit my Mum and sister tonight for dinner and then from midnight, back to the lockdown life for me!

Reactions: 7
We have to remember it has only been the last few months that they have been testing PEOPLE WITH NO SYMPTOMS and WORK places so they are bound to catch more asymptomatic positives, whereas during 1st lock down there may have been more infections they just weren’t finding them?
They've been testing people without symptoms in Leicester since last June... That's why we were kept in lockdown the longest as they have been going door to door (and still are) since before last summer. It's all in the councils twitter page. There's a page I get email alerts from on our local cases.. They put them into handy graphs so it's nice to see cases start falling locally too (mostly)

20210212_055536.jpg
20210212_055541.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: 3
You matter, never forget that.

Get back in touch with your doctor, or another one at the surgery and tell them you need a better response than 'everyone is feeling like this'. If it's really bad, call 111 and they can help. Make sure to keep your appointment with your therapist in Tuesday.

Other options as well as Samaritans in the UK:

Campaign Against Living Miserably (CALM)
Call 0800 58 58 58 – 5pm to midnight every day
Visit the webchat page

Papyrus – for people under 35
Call 0800 068 41 41 – 9am to midnight every day
Text 07860 039967
Email
[email protected]

Shout Crisis Text Line – for everyone

Text “SHOUT” to 85258

Some helpful information and resources are also avaliable here: https://www.rethink.org/advice-and-...about-symptoms/suicidal-thoughts-how-to-cope/
Hi lovely, I’ve never ever commented on any thread here before just usually lurk but I saw this and couldn’t not comment, as I don’t want to leave no reply and for something to happen overnight. I’m so sorry you had a response like that from your doctors, that’s awful and I hope your therapist gets back to you soon. In the meantime I’m not sure how this whole messaging thing works on here, but please feel free to message me and remember this is not forever, we will soon be out of this. What’s helped me is planning everything I intend on doing when restrictions allow, maybe you could make a list of everything you are going to do? Are there any friends/family you can speak to or maybe get out on a walk with tomorrow? Please don’t isolate yourself xx
Thank you for your kind messages. I’m really sorry, I’ve never posted something like this before but I was feeling so low and just wanted someone, anyone, to acknowledge my sadness. I’ve saved the numbers in my phone and I think I will write down a list of everything I want to do when restrictions allow, that’s a great tip.
I had some sleep and feel a bit less desperate now. Just had reached breaking point a few hours ago. I feel a bit embarrassed by my post, I’m sorry to anyone I upset. Much love to everyone ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 22
That is a really shocking response from your doctor .

Thank you for your kind messages. I’m really sorry, I’ve never posted something like this before but I was feeling so low and just wanted someone, anyone, to acknowledge my sadness. I’ve saved the numbers in my phone and I think I will write down a list of everything I want to do when restrictions allow, that’s a great tip.
I had some sleep and feel a bit less desperate now. Just had reached breaking point a few hours ago. I feel a bit embarrassed by my post, I’m sorry to anyone I upset. Much love to everyone ❤
Hope you’re doing ok! It’s better speaking up then not saying anything at all, please call your doctors again and say it’s not good enough them fobbing you off, and remember this isn’t forever! Sending love your way hope today is a better day for you 🤗🥰

• Heart
Reactions: 10
They've been testing people without symptoms in Leicester since last June... That's why we were kept in lockdown the longest as they have been going door to door (and still are) since before last summer. It's all in the councils twitter page. There's a page I get email alerts from on our local cases.. They put them into handy graphs so it's nice to see cases start falling locally too (mostly)

View attachment 432062View attachment 432063
That’s great the numbers going down in Leicester...But what’s happening in RUTLAND !!!

Reactions: 5
That’s great the numbers going down in Leicester...But what’s happening in RUTLAND !!!
No idea 😳 I always thought houses were quite spread out that way and it's not a city! It's concerning

Reactions: 1
Couldn’t read this and run. That is an awful attitude from your doctor! Some doctors aren’t good when it comes to mental health, if you can please try talking to a different doctor, they shouldn’t fob you off like that.
Take things a day at a time, we will get through this eventually! Sending love x

• Heart
Couldn’t read this and run. That is an awful attitude from your doctor! Some doctors aren’t good when it comes to mental health, if you can please try talking to a different doctor, they shouldn’t fob you off like that.
Take things a day at a time, we will get through this eventually! Sending love x
unfortunately that’s doctors for you. I live in a world where if your struggling to breath your straight to the hospital, with covid hospitals were built, look how much capacity has been made. Yet with mental health your told to wait and expected to be fine.
I suffered with anorexia as a teenager for 5 years, the mortality rate of that is 20% if diagnosed. Covid is roughly 2%
That’s the world I live in.
Ps (I obviously understand the scale of the pandemic and many more people have covid but that’s just an example)

To the person who’s struggling. Things WILL GET BETTER. I promise you, this is temporary, however hard and long it feels, you will get through it, you are strong enough. Keep going!🤍🤍🤍

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.