Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #82

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Both sad and shocking 1 in 6 kids affected.

Schools may open in England next month

Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: 5
It just makes me want to cry when I read headlines saying we could be in lockdown until all adults have had a Covid vaccine which realistically is what, September?? Then when you read the full article it says some restrictions will still be in place, which I get, but why scare monger and induce worry and anxiety with those kinds of headlines??

Reactions: 10
It just makes me want to cry when I read headlines saying we could be in lockdown until all adults have had a Covid vaccine which realistically is what, September?? Then when you read the full article it says some restrictions will still be in place, which I get, but why scare monger and induce worry and anxiety with those kinds of headlines??
My friend called me in floods of tears because she read restrictions would still be in place until everyone vaccinated and that could be months. It’s horrendous how the media have been allowed to do this during the pandemic and have a lot of blame to take for their misleading headlines causing mass panic and upset. I explained I think this just means some measures i.e social distancing and masks (which we all know aren’t going anywhere yet) and this seemed to help. But it’s so easy to read a headline and just melt down rather than scroll through loads of waffle in the article to find out once again the press are making a drama over nothing.

Reactions: 8

Look at how fast deaths and cases are going down every day compared to the same day in weeks gone by. By easter you'd have to be really unlucky to need a hospital even if you haven't been vaccinated. Keep the faith people I could be a mile out but I have mentioned easter for ages on here and I am sticking to it haha.

Reactions: 13
I
My friend called me in floods of tears because she read restrictions would still be in place until everyone vaccinated and that could be months. It’s horrendous how the media have been allowed to do this during the pandemic and have a lot of blame to take for their misleading headlines causing mass panic and upset. I explained I think this just means some measures i.e social distancing and masks (which we all know aren’t going anywhere yet) and this seemed to help. But it’s so easy to read a headline and just melt down rather than scroll through loads of waffle in the article to find out once again the press are making a drama over nothing.
i totally agree! I feel the media need to be held accountable almost for how they are causing people to feel. It’s so irresponsible and unnecessary. They stoke up so much just to clicks and numbers. They shouldn’t be allowed to give so many misleading information and headlines as it just causes so many people to worry and get upset.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
We all want restrictions coming off and nobody in this thread is being stupid enough to think it can happen overnight. My plan that I continue to stick to for what I think will happen is.....

March: Schools open.
April: Non essential shops, hairdressers and pubs for takeaway pints open.
May: Pubs open rule of six.
July/August: No more restrictions of any type.

That's my idea of a gradual reopening and it gives a couple of months of seeing how infections and deaths go before we allow old normal life.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
We all want restrictions coming off and nobody in this thread is being stupid enough to think it can happen overnight. My plan that I continue to stick to for what I think will happen is.....

March: Schools open.
April: Non essential shops, hairdressers and pubs for takeaway pints open.
May: Pubs open rule of six.
July/August: No more restrictions of any type.

That's my idea of a gradual reopening and it gives a couple of months of seeing how infections and deaths go before we allow old normal life.
I am totally happy for it to be a process somewhat like you’ve written above. What I’m scared of is that social distancing is going to stay and that is going to have a massive impact - basically very restricted social interactions, can’t work in the office, no events or nights out, probably won’t even be allowed to have a small gathering inside a friends house etc. I know it’s so trivial but the thought of another year with all work no play is just soul destroying!

Reactions: 9
I

i totally agree! I feel the media need to be held accountable almost for how they are causing people to feel. It’s so irresponsible and unnecessary. They stoke up so much just to clicks and numbers. They shouldn’t be allowed to give so many misleading information and headlines as it just causes so many people to worry and get upset.
I agree with you entirely about the media whipping everyone into a frenzy and it being irresponsible. But really what is the answer to that? I don’t have one but I do know that I don’t want it censored. That’s a very slippery slope to start going down. 😔

Both sad and shocking 1 in 6 kids affected.

Schools may open in England next month
Husband and I are seeing this both in our schools and at home. My son is back to being withdrawn and monosyllabic, I can’t get the doctor to refer him or any help from school as he isn’t “bad enough”. 😔 Compared to the kid at husband’s school who contacted him saying Daddy was drunk and hitting Mum again he isn’t bad enough but oh my god it’s breaking my heart.

• Sad
Reactions: 12
I am totally happy for it to be a process somewhat like you’ve written above. What I’m scared of is that social distancing is going to stay and that is going to have a massive impact - basically very restricted social interactions, can’t work in the office, no events or nights out, probably won’t even be allowed to have a small gathering inside a friends house etc. I know it’s so trivial but the thought of another year with all work no play is just soul destroying!
That’s it - all work and no play is just crushing isn’t it. Not seeing anyone has been the hardest thing!

I agree with you entirely about the media whipping everyone into a frenzy and it being irresponsible. But really what is the answer to that? I don’t have one but I do know that I don’t want it censored. That’s a very slippery slope to start going down. 😔

Husband and I are seeing this both in our schools and at home. My son is back to being withdrawn and monosyllabic, I can’t get the doctor to refer him or any help from school as he isn’t “bad enough”. 😔 Compared to the kid at husband’s school who contacted him saying Daddy was drunk and hitting Mum again he isn’t bad enough but oh my god it’s breaking my heart.
Oh god yeah I don’t want censorship either! I don’t know what the answer is, but all I know is the press have made me so cross with their role in all this!!

I know this is probably an unanswerable question at this stage but do you think schools will open up to all year groups from March 8th (or after depending on Boris roadmap on the 22nd) or only some year groups?

I know this is probably an unanswerable question at this stage but do you think schools will open up to all year groups from March 8th (or after depending on Boris roadmap on the 22nd) or only some year groups?
We were doing pretty well in year group bubbles so I don’t see a real reason why we can’t open all.

Reactions: 2
Hi guys I don't know who else to ask. Website saying different things but does anyone know if HobbyCraft is open in the lockdown?

I currently live in a flat and am moving to a house tomorrow and the prospect of having outside space I can just go and sit in privately when the weather gets a bit better has made the prospect of this tit show continuing not so bad.

Last year reading about everyone spending time in their gardens or my colleagues sitting out in their gardens to work I was so jealous.

Reactions: 17
Social distancing needs scrapping in a few months time at the latest. We need to allow entertainment venues that pay a lot of tax in our economy to operate at full capacity. I think stadiums have more chance than arenas or theatres as they are outside but I hope all can be packed out in the second half of the year. Football clubs need to sell season tickets for August knowing everyone can come back.

Another age group nearer normality.

• Heart
Reactions: 3

Wonderful news. We are starting to see the early work of the vaccine like Israel have seen already. A different world is around the corner. Two more months of patience everyone.

Reactions: 4

God I feel for the kids in this :(my own son is saying how bored he is ,he used to be really active and busy to having nothing to do only school work I'm hoping they open some of the leisure centres or at least let football training resume to give them something to look forward too . I pity the poor kids stuck in an abusive situation it's heartbreaking they can't keep kids locked down like this for much longer or they'll never want to engage with people their self confidence will diminish .

Reactions: 7
My youngest is very grumpy at the moment which isn't like her at all and eldest is finding the work hard, she said she wishes she was dead so she didn't have to do school work 😭 both are struggling to sleep, one night they slept between 3-4 hours

• Sad
Reactions: 8
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.