Coronavirus disease outbreak - COVID-19 #8

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Idris Elba has just shared on Twitter that he has tested positive for COVID-19 after being in contact with another confirmed case.
I wonder if he had been in contact with a confirmed case... Seems it's famous people or government that getting tested but the rest of us just have to stay at home!

Reactions: 21
Just got a message from my manager saying we’re expected to go in as usual tomorrow. This is a government department - WHY?😫😫

• Angry
Reactions: 11
If I have to stay in my house for super long I will definitely suffer. Especially as I literally live alone with my two kids and the main topic of conversation at the moment is paw patrol.
I don't have any friends but just getting out of the house helps a LOT with my depression/anxiety/PTSD symptoms.
Hi!! If you need a chat and a bit of adult conversation feel free to DM me!! Happy to help if you need to stay sane!!

• Heart
Reactions: 10
While I’m not worried for my family, I got caught by my elderly neighbour when I was being the kids back from the park. Her son usually visits her every week to do her shopping etc but he’s had to isolate because they came back from Italy. She didn’t want to bother me because she knows I’m ‘busy with the children’ but she wondered if she could borrow some milk because she had ran out. I literally wanted to cry. I never even thought to check because I knew her son visited.
And the elderly are always to proud to ask :(

• Sad
Reactions: 7
While I’m not worried for my family, I got caught by my elderly neighbour when I was being the kids back from the park. Her son usually visits her every week to do her shopping etc but he’s had to isolate because they came back from Italy. She didn’t want to bother me because she knows I’m ‘busy with the children’ but she wondered if she could borrow some milk because she had ran out. I literally wanted to cry. I never even thought to check because I knew her son visited.
I’m so glad she was able to catch you. it breaks my heart to think of elderly people alone. Im going to give my very able but still
Elderly neighbours across the road my number just incase. I’d hate to think of them scared.

Reactions: 15
Some Iceland stores in the North East are stopping online home deliveries from Sat. Available in store only.
Check your supermarkets people. Don't get stuck without essentials x

• Wow
Reactions: 5
I wonder if he had been in contact with a confirmed case... Seems it's famous people or government that getting tested but the rest of us just have to stay at home!
It definitely helps to be somebody it seems. From the way he was speaking it sounds like somebody he had been in contact with was tested and confirmed so Idris 'went and got tested too'. Potentially a private health clinic?

Reactions: 3
Please can anyone clarify exactly what exactly has been said regarding pregnant women???
If you're in your 3rd trimester you need to isolate for 12 weeks. Or until you've have the baby I assume.
They can't categorically say there isn't a risk to those that are pregnant because not enough women have given birth with the virus.
They don't know if it can be passed through the womb or birth etc so advice is to isolate. 😔

• Sad
Reactions: 6
Is BJ doing daily announcements?
Also did he say more things will be put into place at the end of the week?

Reactions: 3
If I have to stay in my house for super long I will definitely suffer. Especially as I literally live alone with my two kids and the main topic of conversation at the moment is paw patrol.
I don't have any friends but just getting out of the house helps a LOT with my depression/anxiety/PTSD symptoms.
If you need anyone to chat to I'm in the same boat on my own with kids you can always message me anytime or anyone that feels on there own at a time like this please dont suffer in silence x

• Heart
Reactions: 11
Is that what Boris said???

If you're in your 3rd trimester you need to isolate for 12 weeks. Or until you've have the baby I assume.
They can't categorically say there isn't a risk to those that are pregnant because not enough women have given birth with the virus.
They don't know if it can be passed through the womb or birth etc so advice is to isolate. 😔

I’m so glad she was able to catch you. it breaks my heart to think of elderly people alone. Im going to give my very able but still
Elderly neighbours across the road my number just incase. I’d hate to think of them scared.
Me too. Went and got her shopping and said I’d get hers next week too then she tried to pay me. When I took it in she had next to nothing. We live in quite an affluent area but it just shows how this can (and will) affect anyone. She’s like an extension of my family and my kids call her Nonna. Going to knock on a few doors now just to make sure no one else is suffering in silence.

• Sad
Reactions: 16
If you need anyone to chat to I'm in the same boat on my own with kids you can always message me anytime or anyone that feels on there own at a time like this please dont suffer in silence x
same here. I’m a single mum of a 4 year old. Always happy to chat 😊

• Heart
To anyone pregnant or just had a new born. I am so sorry that that absolute toolbag was so Blaise about the effects of it on you. I understand it's new and they don't know alot about it but to just say, yeah it effects the but until loads more get it we won't know by now much. Wanted to smash his teeth in. You guys are already going through so much and that was has helpful as pouring tea into a colander
It’s very very scary. I’m due any day and just want him to come so I can bring him home safe but part of me thinks my anxiety is keeping him in because my body is saying it’s not safe to come out!

• Sad
I was due to play tennis tonight with a large group of people. After Boris' announcement I assumed it would be cancelled. Not a bit of it. Many of them were anxious to play and said if we all feel OK why shouldn't we? Other people who I play with in the week regularly are saying that they are determined to carry on playing until the club closes. I notice on my Club App that many of the classes for next week are full up including circuit training and spinning. People will carry on doing what they want until clubs close.

• Angry
  • Wow
Reactions: 10
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.