Coronavirus disease outbreak - COVID-19 #8

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I am shocked at how bare supermarket shelves still are in the UK (seeing photos). We had a few days last week where it was like that here but now the state of emergency has been declared, they aren't so bad as people are being told to stay inside unless they REALLY need something. The UK needs to declare something similar so that tit stops.

Reactions: 5
Is this three month mortgage holiday for everyone that has a mortgage or just for those that self isolate?

Reactions: 4
No mention of a 3 month payment holiday for renters 🙄
Disgrace that he ignored the question about the poor SSP rate too.

Reactions: 3
That update was a hard listen, so much waffling and bluffing.
The loans for businesses are a great thing here's hoping the repayment isn't on the same terms as the universal credit 'loans'
Also is anyone clear if the suggested loans are for the whole of the UK or just England?

I think I preferred it better when we didn't hear from them every day. Don't feel that much more informed today or any more reassured.

Reactions: 2
Im glad he got hit with the question about he said to distance yourself socially but keep taking your kids to school. 😆

• Haha
Reactions: 6
My husband’s school is closed for years 7 and 8, so only open to years 9-11. This is due to teacher shortage.
Thought that said closed for 7 or 8 years then. Thought bloody hell, do they know something we dont??? lol

• Haha
Reactions: 10
YouTube keeps recommending weird stuff about older folk living in the Russian wilds for 40+ years? What in the actual heck - I watch Simons Cat for goodness sake! :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Reactions: 3
to keep up with the Irish side of things.

THE DEPARTMENT OF Health has said this evening that there are 69 new confirmed cases of Covid-19.
It brings the total number of cases here to 292.
The HPSC said this evening that it has been informed of 69 new confirmed cases of COVID-19 in Ireland.

• 29 male, 40 female
  • 48 are associated with the east of the country, 13 are associated with the south, 5 are associated with the north/west, and 3 are associated with the west
There have been 2 deaths associated with COVID-19 in Ireland.
The HSE said it is now working rapidly to identify any contacts the patients may have had, to provide them with information and advice to prevent further spread

Taoiseach Leo Varadkar had warned yesterday that we can expect an increase of 30% in the number of cases each day over the next few weeks. That could see the number of people diagnosed with coronavirus here reaching 15,000.

Public health officials have repeated that they are attempting to “flatten the curve”, which is about slowing the spread of transmission over a longer period of time through measures like social distancing, and closures of schools and workplaces.

This will allow the health services to cope better with the outbreak and help prevent them from being overwhelmed.

Citizens are being told that adhering to the measures being recommended will help to slow the spread of Covid-19 in Ireland.

Yesterday, Dr Holohan said the next seven days are “crucial” in terms of how Ireland will be affected by the disease.”

Has anyone just taken there kids out of school , I’m thinking of not letting mine go back tomorrow! Surly it’s better for all schools to close my son said kids in his class have been sent home for coughing and high temp ! This is madness 😳

Reactions: 6
I have a friend on facebook who has posted that her boyfriend has been told by 111 to self isolate after showing symptoms. Five minutes ago she posted what shop in our area is still quite well stocked as she's gonna go tonight.

Surely since someone in the same house is self isolating she should be too? Instead of going get a delivery or ask family/friends to go for you.

I wonder how many others won't follow the rules. 😣

I give this advice on the basis that you ring your bank and check with them.

When we got a break back in 2009, what they did was stop the direct debit for 3 months and they added 3 months on to the end of the term.
I work for a bank + we don't change the term but increase the payments over the existing term after the payment holiday has ended. Every bank is different. Whatever way your lender does it, it will have to be repaid one way or another but they'll let you know beforehand so you make an informed choice.

Reactions: 1
to keep up with the Irish side of things.

THE DEPARTMENT OF Health has said this evening that there are 69 new confirmed cases of Covid-19.
It brings the total number of cases here to 292.
The HPSC said this evening that it has been informed of 69 new confirmed cases of COVID-19 in Ireland.

• 29 male, 40 female
  • 48 are associated with the east of the country, 13 are associated with the south, 5 are associated with the north/west, and 3 are associated with the west
There have been 2 deaths associated with COVID-19 in Ireland.
The HSE said it is now working rapidly to identify any contacts the patients may have had, to provide them with information and advice to prevent further spread

Taoiseach Leo Varadkar had warned yesterday that we can expect an increase of 30% in the number of cases each day over the next few weeks. That could see the number of people diagnosed with coronavirus here reaching 15,000.

Public health officials have repeated that they are attempting to “flatten the curve”, which is about slowing the spread of transmission over a longer period of time through measures like social distancing, and closures of schools and workplaces.

This will allow the health services to cope better with the outbreak and help prevent them from being overwhelmed.

Citizens are being told that adhering to the measures being recommended will help to slow the spread of Covid-19 in Ireland.

Yesterday, Dr Holohan said the next seven days are “crucial” in terms of how Ireland will be affected by the disease.”
Shocking the difference in attitude of both government :(

Has anyone just taken there kids out of school , I’m thinking of not letting mine go back tomorrow! Surly it’s better for all schools to close my son said kids in his class have been sent home for coughing and high temp ! This is madness 😳
Where we are the principal has left it up to the parents to "do the right thing" the teachers are up in arms over it...

Reactions: 2
Things that I learned from today's press conference:
• I think that I have a crush on Rishi Sunak.
• Wash your hands.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 23
Shocking the difference in attitude of both government :(
I’m not one to stick up for the Irish government, neither is Twitter 😬 it’s a mess, but watching Claire Byrne live (from her shed) last night there was an overwhelmingly positive responce, and huge support for Simon Harris in particular, who knows how any of us will fare, but there is a huge difference in the response of the British public and the Irish public to their government right now.
Just my opinion. No disrespect to either. It can all change in a heartbeat.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.