Coronavirus disease outbreak - COVID-19 #8

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Hi, how is everyone doing? I got up today and did a workout through the Popsugar fitness youtube channel and I really recommend it. I have a lot of this thread to catch up on. I have not been looking at the numbers as much or the news and feel a little better. Things are pretty much on lockdown here (Alberta) and people are expected to self isolate. An airline is no longer doing international flights and cutting back 50% of the domestic flights.
Glad you feel a bit better.
I’ve had the news off all day and haven’t been in social media either. Didn’t know the numbers until I looked on here about 4/430! Felt much better. I’ve spent the day with my children and step children mostly in the garden. The older two (16 & 13) are anxious and worried so we’ve tried to calm them down. Neither want to see friends and haven’t wanted to go to school so in chat with their mum we all decided it’s best to pull them out. This won’t be forever and we will all get through it and be okay x

Reactions: 3
I can’t even cope at the moment I’m not gonna lie. Haven’t caught up because I’m just home from work - and will spend the evening preparing for a whole host of school related things. We’ve sent an incredible amount of staff home with underlying health or pregnancy. We are combining classes and basically just keeping the kids safe. this is going to kill school staff through stress alone!

to top it off my Holiday is cancelled which is nothing in the grand scheme of things but my other half who lives an hour and a half away has been sent home from work for at least 12 weeks self isolation. I’m in bits - does this mean I don’t get to see her for 3 months?!?

• Sad
Reactions: 6
main things from the announcement so far
  • 330 billion in loans for businesses on "attractive terms"
  • new support package for airlines and airports
  • no business rates for 12 months, for some businesses

Mortgage lenders will offer 3 month holiday, most have announced this already and the debt still has to be paid back at a later date.

Reactions: 5
How many times did he say "whatever it takes" :LOL:

• Haha
This announcement from the chancellor is huge. And comforting. Thank duck it’s him and not Diane Abbott.

• Heart
Reactions: 15
Laura kunnesburg doesn’t sound well.

they are all sitting very close together in that room - social distancing ? Hardly leading by example

i noticed that mentioned yesterday @freddiesmum09

CF47BDD5-8646-4540-B220-9AA7519EA9B3.jpeg

prime minister, is there ever an urgent reason to go to the pub....”
Ironically, now more than ever 😐 🍷 🍷 🍷 I joke, I joke

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 17
Sorry if this is stupid - I'm a first time home owner how does mortgage breaks work? Would there be a fee on top? I'm currently on SMP maternity pay and if my husband gets Corona virus he will have to take stat sick pay no way we could afford to live if that happened!!

Reactions: 1
Sorry if this is stupid - I'm a first time home owner how does mortgage breaks work? Would there be a fee on top? I'm currently on SMP maternity pay and if my husband gets Corona virus he will have to take stat sick pay no way we could afford to live if that happened!!
I give this advice on the basis that you ring your bank and check with them.

When we got a break back in 2009, what they did was stop the direct debit for 3 months and they added 3 months on to the end of the term.

Reactions: 3
I'm not sure how I feel about the announcement yesterday and the fact that the directive is just "advice". I say this whilst watching hoards of students walk by my house on the way to the pub to celebrate St Patrick's Day, where they have been playing live music since noon and continue to play until 1am according to their social media. No local pubs have shut and looks like they will be booming by 7pm quenching the thirst of the student population of Liverpool!! 😬

• Wow
Reactions: 2
main things from the announcement so far
  • 330 billion in loans for businesses on "attractive terms"
  • new support package for airlines and airports
  • no business rates for 12 months, for some businesses

Mortgage lenders will offer 3 month holiday, most have announced this already and the debt still has to be paid back at a later date.
Great for home owners but what about us mugs who are stuck renting, particularly privately. They need to go further I think, such as making ssp a better proportion of a person's salary.

The government loans for businesses was good though.

I give this advice on the basis that you ring your bank and check with them.

When we got a break back in 2009, what they did was stop the direct debit for 3 months and they added 3 months on to the end of the term.
Thank you!

Just watched Boris Johnson’s update. He made vague promises about more testing, more hospital beds, more medical professionals. He also said we have to follow the scientific evidence out there. Maybe a change of course for the U.K. then?
That's just it there is no evidence it's an unknown contagion everyone is affected in a different way he knows no more than the rest of us ?? Too little ,Too late springs to mind..

Great for home owners but what about us mugs who are stuck renting, particularly privately. They need to go further I think, such as making ssp a better proportion of a person's salary.

The government loans for businesses was good though.
Home owners will still pay the same amount, they'll just have payments deferred.

They might unveil the same for tenants, although they're more likely to say universal credit or housing benefit should be used for renters.

Eugh he just brushed off the school suggestion with "we understand your concerns, we are keeping it under continuous review"

• Angry
  • Sad
Reactions: 9
I saw someone from my local council today who told me lockdown is set to begin next week and to “enjoy being outside while you have the chance”. Anxiety has skyrocketed
We are "locked down" basically, everyone is being told to self isolate, work from home, schools closed til September, gyms, etc are closed. As of right now, are still allowed to go out for walks as long as we keep a distance. Total lockdown could happen but it hasn't yet.

The ssp is so ridiculous. Even the lowest wages would earn more than £94 a week. My partner earns that a day yet only qualifies for ssp. They need to do something about it.

Reactions: 5
Boris getting his wrist slapped for an inappropriate joke 😂
none of us would last a minute in that job then 😬

• Haha
Reactions: 11
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.