Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Jbf

Chatty Member
Pubs need to open as soon as possible. They are a far safer place than a school and pay a heck of a lot of tax that helps the country out.
Hmmm not sure you'd say that if you lived across the road from the pub that I do 🙈

No one will ever know until we get to the point in time.

I believe that the body sheds the virus within weeks. So they don’t believe there is any effect but they cannot be 100% sure as the time hasn’t passed.
Re the virus shedding... Will this cause more people to catch Covid do you think? I don't know much about that but someone mentioned that is what happens with the flu (again I'm no expert and I could be way off... Its just what was mentioned)

Upintheair83

VIP Member
One of the issues I've had with the calls for certain groups to be prioritised for the vaccine is who do you de prioritise? If you bump up teachers you have to bump down some one.

Criminal defence solicitors are poorly paid and work in awful conditions that are not safe but no one cares. You should also vaccinate prisoners. Not for their sake but for prison officers who don't get a choice. Choosing Bellfield is a poor example but it's not him you are protecting.
Yes I agree with what you say here, I mean I often wondered how many times prison officers probably get spit on.

wotdidijustwatch

VIP Member
Such a bad idea, there are going to be those few who go and try and catch it for the cash 🤦🏻‍♀️

I don’t think so, if you don’t have symptoms but get a negative you can but if you get symptoms you still have to isolate I think.
It changed to 10 days because you told the app you had symptoms by you ordering a test.

If you have the main symptoms of covid you should isolate for 10 days even if your test is negative.
Thank you guys, very sure it will be negative as my taste is back. I guess when i receive a message regarding it there will be further instructions to follow xx

prinnygrace

VIP Member
My 5th day is up today, when i started with the taste thing i updated the app and ordered a test and then it changed to isolate for 10 days. Would i still have to see the 10 days out even if negative?
Ah I haven’t a clue in that case. Which is bad that 10 months in I’m still not sure 🤣 my guess would be if you have symptoms then yes but if you don’t then no??

Yel

Chatty Member
Life expectancy already pretty much peaked in the UK way before covid (people laughed at me 10 years ago when I said this was starting to happen). With covid and the lockdown effects this could take a huge hit

1611330463642.png

Abcd123

VIP Member
Im very lucky to work with such an amazing Trust. We love our ladies and we want them to be well and feel safe. I'm in the low risk are and we have been able to have two birth partners if mum needs extra support, dads stay with mum until they are discharged home (4-6 hr discharge), virtual breastfeeding support over teams and zoom, etc etc. Our women are at the centre of everything we do.
Oh wow that is incredible! Our trust is still only allowing 1 BP I believe and only as mum is close to giving birth

Kim Mild

VIP Member
Around us, vets didn't "close", but we had to ring them when we arrived and wait in our cars until they come out to either return your dog or hand over their prescription.
I don't think the vets were closed for emergency illness and injuries but they weren't doing routine things like annual boosters( my dog's are now overdue).

Charl28

There is no evidence the vaccine harms fertility but there is also no evidence over the long term it doesn't. We won't know any long term side effects to the vaccine for another decade as the experts aren't mind readers. In the short term it looks safe enough.
But what about long term effects? That’s what I worry about. But I also work with vulnerable people so I know it’s the right thing for me to have it now. I sound blunt but all the elderly people that are having this vaccine will be dead by the time the long term side effects come in

Abcd123

VIP Member
Tbh I went to Greece in September and you only had to wear it whilst walking inside! It was honestly fine and didn’t bother me at all! I know everyone has different but it really was fine x
I went to France and it was the same. Everyone was taking it way more seriously and the infection rate in the area that we were staying in was WAY lower than where I was in northern England.

Tublet83

VIP Member
The other problem is the list of symptoms is too few. The majority of people I know who has had a positive test have had more cold/flu symptoms. If they hadn’t have been tested via work they’d have gone about their business thinking they just had a bug.

Also, community testing for asymptotic cases is vital as in Liverpool. Why isn’t that being rolled out more? I know it’s difficult finding the money and resource to do everything but we don’t seem to move with the times at all.
Depends on how your public health team are rolling them out. Ours is using them with private carers/manufacturing etc those who can’t work from and it’s difficult to social distance

Renata

VIP Member
I don't think so.

I think when you update your app with the test result it will update your isolation period.

No it means inconclusive. I'm not sure how they run the test, but you should still consider yourself potentially positive and retest.

ETA Could be inconclusive for a number of reasond. Poor sample, not processed fast enough, user error.

It could be inconclusive because of the way the testing is done. A documentary on testing (undercover) showed that the staff couldn’t care less and were not motivated.

What do we think Boris announcement will be about today?

Keeping us locked up until Easter.

monga

VIP Member
I think those most clinically vulnerable in that age bracket are possibly also able to shield more effectively, in the sense that they may not have carers etc visiting in the home. No excess deaths in teachers was also very interesting!
Yes that’s true, does that data include the wider population ? I thought it was just professions they looked at. Interesting that hospitals have put the average age of deaths in their patients at 59

monga

VIP Member
workers have been done thankfully!
I mean the general workforce, now the hospital situations have changed barely anyone of that age is being admitted they’re being made comfortable in the care home so it won’t make a much of a difference to the hospital situation, awful for the OAPs but it makes sense to treat the younger patient’s.

monga

VIP Member
I was speaking to my mum yesterday and talking about a family members (potentially) upcoming wedding and how numbers could restrict it a bit and my mum made a few comments which were confusing.

She mentioned a friend of a friend who's son got married in December 2020. They were allowed 25 at the church - this would be correct, thats the maximum allowed to attend weddings in Northern Ireland (or it was in Dec anyway). She then went onto say "But then they were allowed more in the evening. *insert hotel name here* said they could have around 60 guests for the reception" 😮 😮 😮 This does not seem correct to me at all! Fairly certain that hotel venue has broken the law. Surely they are risking a huge fine for that.
No receptions as far as I’m aware we’re not even permitted wakes

Yel

Chatty Member
Doctors on tiktok is some of the cringiest and condescending content. Do these people think they're educating the kidz because unless there's music and a dance they're unable to read? 😆 They get one semi viral vid then can't stop 🤦

maxrigger

I'll be in Spain in the Autumn IF things have have improved, I'm looking for a second home for retirement in around 15 years, I'm in no rush, the houses aren't going anywhere are they, plus prices may have dropped further by then.

Platypusfattypus

VIP Member
We only have to wear full ppe when we are with a woman, but have to wear a maskvat all times. We have to get fully suited up if we go onto the NNU though.