Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

JoeBloggs

VIP Member
But what about long term effects? That’s what I worry about. But I also work with vulnerable people so I know it’s the right thing for me to have it now. I sound blunt but all the elderly people that are having this vaccine will be dead by the time the long term side effects come in
No one will ever know until we get to the point in time.

I believe that the body sheds the virus within weeks. So they don’t believe there is any effect but they cannot be 100% sure as the time hasn’t passed.

HoGi

VIP Member
The other problem is the list of symptoms is too few. The majority of people I know who has had a positive test have had more cold/flu symptoms. If they hadn’t have been tested via work they’d have gone about their business thinking they just had a bug.

Also, community testing for asymptotic cases is vital as in Liverpool. Why isn’t that being rolled out more? I know it’s difficult finding the money and resource to do everything but we don’t seem to move with the times at all.
Pretty much every town in Essex has a place you can get a test if you're asymptomatic

Kim Mild

VIP Member
I see, thanks for clarifying 💙

My sister's vets are similar, being a bit pushy for vaccines (whilst her dog was being investigated for a possible tumour!).

Definitely not our experience that people don't feel comfortable coming for appointments, but maybe because they know they are still waiting outside. We still offer video consults for things that can be presented that way.
The vets I use has a large surgery , as a main base where they do the operations etc and a smaller local office where they do vaccines and check ups and minor things . I visit the smaller site as it is more local. I have only just considered that they reason they appear pushy is that they may be considering if it is financially feasible for them to keep the small site open .

wizardora

The OP should be able to log the result on the app and then the app will say what to do. I understood that regardless of a test result if you have symptoms or have been in contact with someone positive you have to isolate as you could become positive at any point?
not if the initial isolation period has been completed after being in contact with a positive case though?

Thank(space)you

VIP Member
I was sent this by my cousin. I thought it was interesting but it immediately rang conspiracy theorist bells in my head and I can't place why.

I am trying to take things day by day. If I think about the long term restrictions etc I just want to kill myself

JLXRD

VIP Member
Maybe prisons will be on the list the same as any other residential facility ?
Hmmm yes maybe however is it any residential facility or is it specifically residential facilities for older/vulnerable adults? So therefore more at risk from the virus? Or is it just places where people live in groups?

I don’t know, he’s an awful example. On the whole I’m for prisoners rights and I know they are humans too and need to be considered, but he is such a vile individual it’s hard for me to look at him objectively.

birdiefly246

VIP Member
I don't know the context but I don't think she's wrong that obesity and health plays a significant part

Pensions minister Therese Coffey TURNS OFF her camera during brutal GMB row with Piers Morgan after she blames 'age and obesity of population for UK having world's worst Covid death rate'

Anecdotally I've encountered lots in the UK who pretty much brag about how awful their diet is and how they do no exercise. How do you address problems like that?
The obesity thing I get but what can we really do about age? 😂

Saddlesoap

VIP Member
I am so fed up of hearing that slogan at every opportunity.
Most people are doing it, there’s not much more I can stop doing. Perhaps I could cut down on the number of trips to the fridge but that’s another thread altogether.
What have I missed, what slogan?

birdiefly246

VIP Member
How do people go to work in non essential retail etc if schools are closed though?
You can't realistically, or if you did it'd be at reduced capacity as only those with childcare (or no kids) could work but then nowhere would be as a busy anyway as there would be limits in the amount of people so that could work. Although even if some of the kids were then classed as key worker children, there would still be a more manageable amount of kids in schools versus normal. It's a catch 22 situation really.

Doc

VIP Member
I think those most clinically vulnerable in that age bracket are possibly also able to shield more effectively, in the sense that they may not have carers etc visiting in the home. No excess deaths in teachers was also very interesting!
The only thing I’d say about “teachers and educational professionals” is that they form a small percentage of staff in particularly primary schools. We had a run of Covid in school staff in October and only 1 of them was a teacher. All the others were TAs, kitchen staff and 1-2-1s. Luckily not had anyone ill to the point of needing hospital, though.

Hopefully they’ll open schools soon, it’s such a pain in the arse for all concerned at the minute.