Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Tublet83

VIP Member
If they close takeaways I will cry, it’s the only I thing I look forward to every Friday night 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 13

leoladyxo

VIP Member
Do they do all of this on purpose? leak to the press so we end up feeling grateful when something that was mooted turns out not to be the case?
I think they do it to gauge public opinion and I think they must have seen the backlash to their suggestions of extra restrictions and chose not to enforce them.

Tublet83

VIP Member
Wouldn't they be key workers though? Emergency services, council workers, civil servants etc?
Yes - the same key workers that are working from home and being criticised for sending their children into school. Can’t win!

• Heart

Abcd123

VIP Member
@Renata the average is 1 in 50 in England but 1 in 30 in London
Rising to 1 in 20 in some London boroughs... Awful.

This is far more reassuring than hearing “one in twenty have it” and “behave like you’ve got it”.
I've behaved like I've had it from march. And I've behaved like people I come into contact has it too.... I don't see acting like this as a and thing... Surely it just means wear your mask and distance? Teacher with 4 covid tests 'under my belt' as this far no positives. I think this must be the reason why. Stringent SD and hand washing.

JLXRD

VIP Member
Once a week.

Sorry but it’s just absurd, as someone else said the only people you are punishing are those following the rules at this point. There is absolutely no difference between going on a run where you see no one on Monday to then do the same thing Tuesday.

It is also a punishment that will most effect those who actually would exercise every day alone outside or multiple times a week as so many I know do in order to balance out their sedentary office jobs.

monga

VIP Member
  • Haha

JoeBloggs

VIP Member
Also to add my school still isn’t doing live lessons - so I am having to teach subjects this doesn’t help either.
Each LA should arrange for one teacher from the authority to record a lesson then it can be watched whenever, this would help everyone involved and free up time. I don’t get why teachers and schools aren’t clubbing together.

• Heart

Boredofthegram

VIP Member
Lots of speculation in the papers this morning about tightening of restrictions including limiting exercise, implementing face coverings in outdoor spaces, curfews and getting rid of support bubbles. Let's see if they're right
I hope they don’t get rid of support bubbles I’ll seriously struggle without mine this time 😔

• Sad
  • Heart

Renegadedancer

VIP Member
I think last year that everyone was a bit more understanding that home schooling wasn’t up to scratch as it was new to everyone. Now, coming up for a year later it just doesn’t wash anymore. People are fighting for survival whether it’s jobs, mental health, relationships etc the quality of the work given to our children is being scrutinised. I think this is also a reason in the increase of pupils in schools, parents know they cannot leave the children to get on with it. There is no longer such a community spirit and many are just fighting the fight the only way they can.

leoladyxo

VIP Member
I just pray that the speculation in the tabloids today about this and only going out for exercise once a week and some of the other more stringent measures is just speculation!
I hope so too. I’ve been awake through the night after reading that as it’s the only rule that allows me to see my boyfriend. I am already finding the current rules difficult and if I couldn’t see him at all for an indefinite period of time, I wouldn’t have much to look forward to or keep me going. 😔

It seems to me that the new virus spreads indoors much like the old one. Maybe tightening needs to happen at supermarkets, schools and workplaces.

• Sad

VIP Member
Just been hearing about the problems in Surrey, according to the BBC it's really bad and running out of places to store the deceased.

I live in Surrey BTW.

• Sad

HideTheHunter

Honestly I never see anyone without masks either, see a fair few penis noses hanging out by the older generation but generally everyone wearing masks.

School is a bigger issue where I think only 60% of parents wear masks, even more obvious now with so few there it’s all the vulnerable kids parents not wearing them.
Christ, I'm about to switch off the light and go to sleep and "penis nose" are the last words I read!! 🤣

• Haha

Tots

VIP Member
But if you’ve got it, you shouldn’t be out of the house at all, you should be at home isolating not even going out for exercise, so isn’t that what they’re in effect asking people to do by “acting like they have it”?
It’s to stop the asymptomatic spread. Of course if you know you have it you shouldn’t be out.
But one in 3 don’t know they have it and are unknowingly spreading it.
So by asking people to act like they have it, they’re hoping to stop that spread.

They don’t mean lock yourselves at home and drink bleach. Just wear a mask, keep away from those not in your household and wash your hands etc

• Heart

Pixipoppy

VIP Member

This has got to be fake now right!? Sold to the media to try and scare people into sticking to the rules? How on earth would the police even know they had left their house for a second time 😂 It’s getting laughable now.

Happy Lady

VIP Member
I think they're all running on empty atm
Every day now seems worse than the previous, and it's beginning to feel like we're living through a sci-fi movie unable to get out. I'm really hoping that by the end of next week all numbers start decreasing, and the situation throughout the UK starts turning the corner.

MissD

Some I know are talking about having more money than ever because they can't spend it 😬 while it might be true read the fucking room and don't broadcast it!

We're still in very much an intermediary stage and it won't continue as it is. I think algorithms destroying jobs and offshoring will ramp up again once things "get back to normal" but that's a whole new thread!
I get irrationally angry about people like this. Have friends who have gone on about how easy it was to save money (neither lost jobs/ went on furlough) - both husband and I were on furlough for a long time and saving was impossible.

80% sounds like a lot (and I get we were super fortunate to not lose our jobs, and to get to stay safe at home), but when your bills stay the same there’s not a lot left once those are paid.