Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Platypusfattypus

VIP Member
I had my walk with my friend. Was so lovely to see her even though we were wet and muddy. Didn't realise how much I missed her until I saw her

• Heart
Reactions: 28

Pixipoppy

VIP Member
I’m sorry.... ONCE a week exercise? Are we just going to ignore the fact that obesity is one of the main causes of a bad outcome with covid? No, ok 🤦‍♀️

Reactions: 27

Hayles1990

I just feel like the whole thing is getting a little bit ridiculous and telling human beings that they are only allowed outside their house once a week is a scary scary thing. I have four children at home and they live for their walk in the woods for an hour a day, it burns off energy and it settles them.
I had a major breakdown last lockdown and my support AND childcare bubble is my mum. I won’t stop that, regardless of what people think, because last time I was left feeling suicidal and I can’t do that again. I have a friend with a young newborn baby who is SERIOUSLY struggling and almost admitted into the mother and baby unit, her neighbour knew this and called the police because her mum came over to help her. What the fuck is wrong with people?

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 26

jazyblu

Chatty Member
I need some advice, I’m really really struggling at home mentally. The last lockdown in November I tried to take my own life due to the stress of being in my home alone most of the time and I don’t get on with my family and it’s getting to that point again. I live near Manchester and my friend has a uni house near leeds. She’s said I can move in with her for the rest of lockdown but I can’t drive so I would have to get the train. She said there’s no police at the train stations but I don’t know if my reason is counted as essential travel or not I can’t see it anywhere online. I can’t really afford a fine to be honest but if I stay here I’m worried what will happen, I’m on anti depressants and anti psychotic medication but mental health services have still got me on a waiting list from nearly a year ago. I just really need some advice.
You are allowed to move, don't worry about it and definitely just go!

Last edited:
  • Heart

Tots

VIP Member
This is far more reassuring than hearing “one in twenty have it” and “behave like you’ve got it”.
“Behave like you’ve got it” is an excellent quote that more people should take heed of...it’s an excellent way to act to control the virus, the point is that one third of people who have covid don’t know they have it and are spreading it.....if they were to behave like they have it then they wouldn’t spread it.

• Heart

prinnygrace

VIP Member
I went for a long socially distanced walk with my boyfriend on Saturday. We followed the rules to a T. It was the first time I have seen him since before Christmas and really really helped my mental health which has been struggling recently. I’m not sure how I’d cope not being able to meet outside :( living in a house share, 100 miles away from any family/friends, he’s the only comfort I have. Sick to death of young people being demonised in the press🙄

• Heart
  • Sad

SavvyBee

VIP Member
Okay so they are thinking of tightening the rules on exercise so you cannot meet up with one other person to go for a walk, fine, I haven’t done that anyway but I found this quote in the telegraph a bit annoying.

As if young people’s mental health is not suffering? As though going for a run with a friend is such a bad thing, at least they are exercising and trying to stay within the rules? Even if they are only going for a run or walk to chat whilst they do it, does the intent behind the exercise effect the spread of covid now? If they are distanced and outside it’s all the same.

I dunno I just feel like younger people are demonised again wherever possible when there are lots of older people bending rules too and have been throughout.

View attachment 382735
Sorry but it’s blaming the little people again. The NHS is in the state it’s in from years of bad management and misplaced funding. Not saying that we shouldn’t be deterring rule breaking but a socially distanced walk outdoors for exercise or sanity is likely causing minuscule levels of transmission. TfL still run a reduced service so tubes and buses are busier than they need to be (same all year) yet let’s blame people going for a walk to safely pass a couple of the endless hours of nothing. If We had better mental health services in this country perhaps we wouldn’t have so many people who are struggling and desperate for that walk / bubble to keep going!

Reactions: 25
I need some advice, I’m really really struggling at home mentally. The last lockdown in November I tried to take my own life due to the stress of being in my home alone most of the time and I don’t get on with my family and it’s getting to that point again. I live near Manchester and my friend has a uni house near leeds. She’s said I can move in with her for the rest of lockdown but I can’t drive so I would have to get the train. She said there’s no police at the train stations but I don’t know if my reason is counted as essential travel or not I can’t see it anywhere online. I can’t really afford a fine to be honest but if I stay here I’m worried what will happen, I’m on anti depressants and anti psychotic medication but mental health services have still got me on a waiting list from nearly a year ago. I just really need some advice.

• Heart
  • Sad

JLXRD

VIP Member
Okay so they are thinking of tightening the rules on exercise so you cannot meet up with one other person to go for a walk, fine, I haven’t done that anyway but I found this quote in the telegraph a bit annoying.

As if young people’s mental health is not suffering? As though going for a run with a friend is such a bad thing, at least they are exercising and trying to stay within the rules? Even if they are only going for a run or walk to chat whilst they do it, does the intent behind the exercise effect the spread of covid now? If they are distanced and outside it’s all the same.

I dunno I just feel like younger people are demonised again wherever possible when there are lots of older people bending rules too and have been throughout.

16CF2D91-426B-413F-949F-5FD456B4CEF4.jpeg

hrh89

VIP Member
So Morrison and Sainsbury’s are going to challenge people without masks now? I think it’s time tbh. I understand some people can’t wear them but I would say 99% can and most are taking the piss. I do wonder how they are going to police it and who will take the brunt of the anger from customers.. most likely poor staff on minimum wage.

we definitely are too soft though there’s none of this exemption stuff in the US is there? People are turned away or asked to leave without a mask

• Heart

Kiki1989

Well my Mom has symptoms (she works on a covid ward) she's already had the virus, she has antibodies and she's had her first dose of the vaccine. Hopefully her test comes back negative today or I'm going to lose every last bit of faith I have that we'll be out of this situation soon 😞.

• Sad
  • Heart

Tippingpoint23

VIP Member
Once a week exercise? Is this some sort of joke. Firstly what about people who have dogs which require walking daily? What about people who live in places with no gardens who would have no outdoor space without outdoor exercise? How can they even consider allowing people out once a week when obesity is a massive issue in this country as it is and makes covid worse. If this is imposed i am not sure how I would cope I rely on my daily walk or run for my mental health.

hereforthedrama1

Chatty Member
Well I'm absolutely thrilled for those posters on the last thread. Will they be telling families their relatives didn't die or should I? Honestly these Covid deniers should really be spending their free time volunteering for the NHS instead of reading conspiracy theories on Facebook or watching YouTube videos. Fair enough, freedom of speech and everyone's entitled to their opinion and whatever, but to me I don't think anyone is entitled to an opinion when it comes to someone's death. Even if it's not death, the reports of long covid have gone up. Previously perfectly healthy people are now facing lifelong issues such as reduced lung capacity or heart problems. This really isn't a joke and no one's laughing anymore

• Angry
  • Heart

JodieGreen123

VIP Member
I must say I am worried that if they announce no exercise unless you have a dog, there are going to be many people who would buy dogs from puppy farms and then abandon them 😔 It’s probably a silly worry in all this, but I know some people who did it in last lockdown and no regret getting a dog, and I can imagine that more people could do it now. 😔
In Spain there were those videos at the beginning of people dragging soft toys around on leads pretending they were pets when they introduced that rule!

I've read in the past week or so that McDonald's has decided to close for indoor ordering, which is bloody brilliant in my opinion! They can operate perfectly well as a drive-thru, and delivery drivers can wait outside and their food is brought to them. I wish places like Costa and Starbucks and all the other none essentials would do the same. There is absolutely no need to go inside to order a coffee at the moment, it isn't essential at all. A while I'm here, fuck it, B&M should be closed to. I said what I said. Places like B&M included in that. You can get all that stuff at a supermarket and I've never seen anyone go there exclusively to do a food shop. And while we're here, The Range and B&Q should be limited to click and collect. During the November lockdown I went to a Starbucks drive thru on a retail park and EVERYTHING was open. Even bloody PC World! For what reason do people need to go into the store? I just think it's a big piss take by some places. The Christmas Shop in my town sold a few toilet rolls in November so they could open, and that shop is the size of a large cupboard. There was no regulation about how many people could go in, no judgement about whether they were essential or not.
And I have to agree with an earlier poster about pinning it all on 'the young 'uns' again. It's disgusting right now. Seen more of the older generation ignoring the rules and wearing the masks as a mouth guard than I have people of my own generation. I work in a pub that has mainly older (70s, 80s) customers so even out of lockdowns I didn't see anyone because I knew I had to work and potentially put these people at risk. Then you'd have the bloke who thinks it's a load of shit come in without the mask every night even after telling him over and over again that it's a requirement.
You're new around here aren't you? We don't talk about closing B&M!

• Haha
Reactions: 24

leoladyxo

VIP Member
I wish the Government would stop leaking things to the press before they announce them. All it does is create mass anxiety while we “await our fate”. If they are worried about people’s mental health (which I believe less and less every day) then they should realise doing this doesn’t help.

Reactions: 24

SavvyBee

VIP Member
Ok I have a question. I placed a Boots order late last night (not essentials, well, its all bath/hair products so technically you could say its essential) 🤷🏻‍♀️ thought I would treat myself. I chose click and collect without thinking and now I'm wondering if I should cancel?
Even though the option for click and collect is there, its not essential.
Was going to walk to collect, town is nearly 3 miles away so was going to have a super long walk 🤷🏻‍♀️
Would you re-order for delivery or am I over thinking this? 😂
I think you’re overthinking personally. Delivery services are already under pressure and is there any more risk of you catching the virus than the delivery man having to do an extra drop if both take appropriate precautions? No. Enjoy the walk.

• Heart
Reactions: 23

Tublet83

VIP Member
As usual it’s all our fault isn’t it? The little people?

Not our leadership who have failed to provide capacity for years and especially this year and failed to take action quick enough in the south.

• Heart
Reactions: 23