Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

LIVINGMYBESTLIFE1

Chatty Member
I've been out for Sunday Lunch and went shopping yesterday. Shops were fully stocked and lunch was normal. It's seems odd how different areas seem to be handling things so differently.

Reactions: 19

Sayitaintso

I wish all this panic buying would stop.
Surely all the panic buyers have got everything they need my now? 🤔

I thought I was a clever dick buying extra stuff two weeks ago. Now thanks to this thread I've realised I need extra tampons, wine and chocolate to survive lockdown with a 3 and 6 year-old! 😱

• Haha
Reactions: 18

imaginedragon83

VIP Member
I'm still finding all this absolutely mental. I still cant believe its happening.
One of the pubs near me that has closed put up a post on facebook and at the end they said "look after yourselves and when this is all over we will have one hell of a party" I got all teary cos it just felt so scary...like we were at war or something

• Sad

Spinidge

VIP Member
I'm afraid this situation is deeply political. If the government had followed the World Health Organisation's advice, we would have been isolating right now or even sooner. The criticism comes from the fact they are putting economics before health. Even some ministers are now appearing to distance themselves from the 'Herd Immunity' approach.

caitlinbullen

VIP Member
As far as I read it said they didn't need to pay while they tried to bring this thing under control ?
Mortgage companies won’t be giving a penny away for nothing; I can assure you of that! They might agree to freeze interest/payment holiday but you can bet your life those payments/interest will be added onto the total you owe so that either your payments will increase slightly on recommencing, or the missed months will be added to the length of your mortgage at the end. Don’t get me wrong, it will still be a lifeline for some- what’s a few extra months payments in 10-20yrs time for having a bit of a breather now? But financial companies are ruthless bastards to the core and won’t be letting you off a penny you owe them! Sorry to be the voice of doom.

Bostonx

VIP Member
My local Chinese is shutting 😭 they haven't been getting business and have decided to shut for the mean time. Sad for them.

• Sad
  • Wow

kev1974

VIP Member
While we stockpile toilet paper and paracetamol

The Dutch are panic buying cannabis

Americans are panic buying guns!

• Haha
  • Wow

Argento

So I've been speaking to my friend and she said we will all get it eventually?,shes not panicking at all only thing she complained about was having to order a take out tonight as they havent chanced going shopping.
I did say well if people stay in there own homes and dont have visitors they wont get it but her words was everyone will get it.
Will we all get it or just some? are some people immune to it?(I know it's a new virus and we dont know yet) I have so many questions.
My biggest question tho is WHERE THE HELL IS OUR TWAT OF A PRIME MINISTER 🤦🏻‍♀️
There is no evidence to suggest all or even most of us will catch coronavirus.

The population of China is 1.386 billion people and as of today there are 81,000 cases - less than .005% of population. Infections are now on the decline.

The population of South Korea is 51.5 million and as of today there are 8,200 cases - less than .16% of population. Infections are levelling out.

The % of the population affected in pretty much every country is in reality a very small number and every country is taking steps to stop it spreading.

The loss of life is very sad but the economic results of a protracted shut down of modern life are potentially catastrophic. After only a week our airlines and train operators are in serious financial difficulty, businesses are shutting down (as some on this forum have shared).

It will take the UK considerably longer to recover from the financial implications of coronavirus than it will to recover from the virus itself.

• Heart
Reactions: 17

Yel

Chatty Member
It's a pretty poor show if you compare him to trump.

All of his conferences he hasn't come across well in them and we're lucky to get two a week. At least trump is doing them, even if they are a tad dystopian.

I don't want to exaggerate the situation but there are some similarities to a war, a daily address to the nation even from Boris Johnson would still be a help.

• Heart
Reactions: 17

Kat5998

VIP Member
Hi everyone, I disappeared last night after my post, but I’m okay!

I‘m mixed between okay and feeling overwhelmed, but I’m taking a break from Twitter and Facebook and trying to occupy myself. Thank you to those who replied with support last night I appreciate it so much ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 16

Jg182

in a really sad way today my mum said she was almost glad her dad had passed wasn’t in his care home anymore. in a none heartless way! They care home has stopped visitors and he was depressed enough as it is. I’m glad they’re doing it for patient safety but it must be so hard on the patients too.
I understand what you are saying. My Dad was in hospital long term last year. we knew he wouldn’t likely come out. He didn’t. But he passed with his children around him. The thought that others are going to have to go through similar but not be able to have their loved ones close. And loved ones aren’t going to have the chance to say goodbye. It’s really playing on my mind

• Sad

GossBoss

VIP Member
I just looked it up and supermarkets can sell up to 100 tablets but in packs of 16, which these were. So they were definitely limiting them.
Have to say I've never been able to buy more than 2 packs at a time. Ever 🤷