Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

hrh89

VIP Member
Just had an email saying Urban Outfitters are closing all stores globally until end of March and are paying their staff whilst shut. Good job I say

Ohh dear did I hit a nerve with the tory voters 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 24

Cf123

My husband works on a small boat fishing for crabs. The company they supply has said they will be taking no more from them as of today due to all the global crab markets crashing. So 0 income now and we have 0 savings. Shit just got real 😭

• Sad
Reactions: 23

mummy2under2

VIP Member
I wish things like this wouldn’t be posted online. I’m already depressed and feel suicidal most days and I read things like this and think what’s the point in sticking around? :/
I think you need to stay away from twitter and any other source of news lovely.
Possibly this thread too.
Either that or you need to limit yourself to an update in the morning and once in the evening and then steer clear of it.
It's just going to make you worse.

Gym&Tonic

VIP Member
The problem with Boris is that he was elected on the ‘Get Brexit Done’ card, and how he’s being faced with a genuine crisis, probably the biggest since 9/11 he’s being exposed as totally inept and not up to the job.

At times like this a nation needs strong leadership and he’s not offering it. Now I’m not saying that Corbyn would have been any better, but many of us have always known what Boris was really like and we did try and warn people.

• Sad

PoorPatrol

VIP Member
The problem with herd immunity is that for this particular virus, there is no science to back up this strategy. Plenty of experts are saying that herd immunity comes from vaccines, not from an active pandemic. Herd immunity was essentially the only recourse during times of plague etc and that didn’t work out too well. The only way to save lives is to stamp it out by stopping the spread, meaning that it’s disappeared for good. It’s a mutated illness, one that usually is only found in animals. If we can stamp it out across the human population with a worldwide effort, and change practices on working with animal products, then in theory it’s gone for good. Herd immunity on this tiny island, when nobody else is doing this is, quite frankly - bollocks.

• Heart
Reactions: 22

caitlinbullen

VIP Member
Ive had underactive thyroid since 96 and never knew that. Its a shame we dont know enough about our body issues
I initially read that as in you were 96 yrs old when you discovered it. It took about 10 seconds of me thinking blimey how did you get to that ripe old age without a diagnosis? Swiftly followed by, wow she has got to be the oldest Tattler? Good for you old lady. :ROFLMAO:

• Haha

Marcos SP

368 new deaths in Italy in 24 hours

This is us in a few weeks. Protect yourself and your families!!

• Sad
  • Wow

Maxine1974

I’m in Leeds and if anybody gets desperate for anything basic let me know and i’d be happy to share x

• Heart
Reactions: 21

Good Egg

VIP Member
I don’t usually agree with Piers Morgan on Good Morning Britain but for once he’s correct. The British Government should be out in the public eye and reassuring everyone. They were offered to appear on GMB but refused.

Is it any wonder the shops are bare and people are not sure what to do if they have symptoms

• Wow

Polkadotsx

Chatty Member
One of my colleagues has called in sick with symptoms. My boss isn't being very reasonable, said she "just has the flu"... With employers like this you are made to feel inadequate and lazy if you follow the current advice... They need to release something more official or just close workplaces/schools. There are too many unanswered questions.

• Sad
  • Wow

Daire

This is a good response from Lidl.
Not sure if they are doing it in the UK at the moment or not

• Heart
Reactions: 20

Cezanne

Are they planning on having the 70s + stay at home whilst the younger generations go out and brave it for the sake of the economy?
This is unsustainable as there is no chance of the regular, normal human being ditching their older relatives.
The situation is completely untenable. We have no information, our PM has disappeared for days -WTF! - and every single country around us is going into lockdown!
I’m not prone to hysterics but I’m there now.
I’m a teacher, the kids are not going to stay 1.5m away and trying to enforce it?? Yeah, right. The school dinnerladies are in their late sixties/ early seventies. I‘m hoping they don’t come in tomorrow but that means new staff is required at lunch, unless I’m called out to do so. I’m goi g through all the scenarios and none of them make sense. Just close the schools now. In France, they’ve organised it so that health workers children are receiving childcare. It is possible to do. Let’s just do it.

Reactions: 19

Guacamole123

Chatty Member
I’ve had to turn the conference off. Anyone else just have a constant feeling of impending doom? I can’t believe a few days ago I wasn’t even slightly phased by the virus and now my mind is in overdrive. The government are beyond incompetent and have blood on their hands.

• Heart
  • Sad

Guacamole123

Chatty Member
Just had a call from work, I have permission to wfh indefinitely given my asthma. I also mentioned my anxiety and they were very nice about it. Feeling a lot of relief, but also thinking of staff working on the frontline who cannot work from home💗

• Heart

Octopies

Chatty Member
Thank you to the peeps who have sent reassuring advice re buying a house in the current climate. Just wanted to say hi - I’ve been avoiding this thread. I’ve deleted Instagram and Twitter this week. Why? I’m really anxious right now. This feels absolutely unprecedented. It feels like we’re on the cusp of something. We don’t know what’s going to happen and how it’s going to pan out. I just find the uncertainty really scary (I already have anxiety, this has really set it off) but nice to see this thread is mostly straight talking realists and not scaremongering.

What’s comin will come and we’ll meet it when it does ✌

• Heart

Darlascott236

368 new deaths in Italy in 24 hours

This is us in a few weeks. Protect yourself and your families!!
It’s so sad but we have to remember Italy thought it was the normal flu at first so was allowing people through their GP’s doors. We have stopped this. Keep calm. It will be okay