Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #64

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:

Yel

All the highstreets on sky news look pretty dead. Just checked piccadilly and very quiet for Dec:

1606921591607.png

• Wow
Reactions: 3
My parents went to town today as dad had an appointment. They said primark queues were bad but other than that it was fairly quiet

Reactions: 1
I just got back from the gym and a Nando’s lunch. gym was moderately busy but we were the only ones in Nando’s the whole time!

Reactions: 4
I suppose it will be mad on Friday, the weekend, and Monday if people take a long weekend. As I'm doing, ha ha!

Reactions: 2
They rarely test vaccines on pregnant women due to the ethics around it, although some volunteers were pregnant it wasn't a group that was specifically looked at so results won't be conclusive. This isn't specific to the covid vaccine.

Pregnant women aren't classed as vulnerable now though so it isn't surprising they aren't on the first list.
I know they don’t test vaccines on pregnant women, I wondered if they would be offered the vaccine as I hadn’t seen anything mentioned.
Pregnant women are offered and actually advised to have the flu jab which is why I asked!

Saw this on Twitter
Thank you, that’s the first thing I’ve seen!

I’m in the shielded category, will be rolling my sleeve up and sticking my arm out as soon as possible. No hesitations. I’m an ICU charge nurse and I trust the science.
Thank you for replying x

I’m vulnerable but not in the shielding category due to asthma, I will be having it as soon as I am able to.

Thank you for replying x

Reactions: 3
I just got back from the gym and a Nando’s lunch. gym was moderately busy but we were the only ones in Nando’s the whole time!
So jealous of your Nando’s (tier 3 problems 😔)

I do plan on popping in city tomorrow only because I’ve got a faulty watch to take back, if I didn’t have that I would probably avoid for a while as don’t have the option of going for a coffee/meal when out which is part of shopping experience for me

Reactions: 4
It sure is, at least the stakes aren't that high 🤔

I wonder how long Australia will wait and watch other nations mass test the rollout before starting it themselves? Some of their experts have been quite smug about the position they're in, but really they can't wait that long

I'm surprised twitter are letting Thalidomide trend right below the vaccine
I doubt they'll bother with a vaccine any time soon. I wouldn't if I was prime minister. they're living normal lives basically. Might as well just wait for the rest of the world to vaccinate and go from there. They'll probably roll it out next winter like the flu jab

Yel

I doubt they'll bother with a vaccine any time soon. I wouldn't if I was prime minister. they're living normal lives basically. Might as well just wait for the rest of the world to vaccinate and go from there. They'll probably roll it out next winter like the flu jab
I don't think Australia can wait that long as it's largely a service-based economy. Health minister says the first vaccine planned for March:

Health Minister Greg Hunt says the Pfizer vaccine is on track to be approved in Australia by the end of January and "our planning is for first vaccine delivery in March 2021".

https://www.9news.com.au/health/cor...ustralia/9473d760-10f0-401c-9e9e-e2b98c6264b6

Oh no i agree and I do think even if the government don’t enforce anything some private companies may (flights etc). I don’t think it’s outside the realms of possibility we will need something like this to show if we had the vaccine or not in some scenarios, I just don’t think this thing in particular sounds like it will be that.

I am intrigued to see where this goes though, they need to be careful what they introduce.

Anyone who has travelled to countries that require vaccinations currently - what did you have to provide as proof?
I needed to show a yellow fever certificate to get into Ethiopia. That's why I don't understand the mass panic about travel certificates. I'm
assuming it's because a lot of the highly sceptical vaccine social media folks don't travel to these parts of the world.

Reactions: 6
I've not seen the news so sorry if I sound thick. When is the vaccine scheduled to happen? Even for frontline workers? Is it going to be 2021 or will it be in the coming weeks?

I've not seen the news so sorry if I sound thick. When is the vaccine scheduled to happen? Even for frontline workers? Is it going to be 2021 or will it be in the coming weeks?
My work is going to be a vaccine delivery hub (just providing the space) and we're getting ready now. My sister works in a hospital and as she was leaving today huge portakabins were being erected for them.

I think it says something that the posts here about the vaccine approval don't have many likes and the thread isn't that busy.

I wonder if most people are either; bored of covid, worried about the vaccine, worried about the recession that's baked in or something else?

It doesn't feel like a crack open a bottle of bubbly moment 😶
For me, I don't check in on this thread as often. I go days without doing so, whereas up until summer, I would check every hour, lol. If I see something important, I share it sometimes. I am happy the vaccine has been approved though.

Oh no i agree and I do think even if the government don’t enforce anything some private companies may (flights etc). I don’t think it’s outside the realms of possibility we will need something like this to show if we had the vaccine or not in some scenarios, I just don’t think this thing in particular sounds like it will be that.

I am intrigued to see where this goes though, they need to be careful what they introduce.

Anyone who has travelled to countries that require vaccinations currently - what did you have to provide as proof?
Quantas airline has said they will require the vaccine for people to get on a flight. https://www.forbes.com/sites/grantm...id-19-vaccine-for-air-travel/?sh=1479eb0d4e79

At the Scottish briefing today Nicola Sturgeon said if the vaccine arrives in the time frame they expect they'll be starting the vaccines on Tuesday. The first people to get it will be the people giving the vaccines.

Reactions: 5
I’ve just found out that I am anaemic in addition to having Crohn’s disease...love it! The GP phoned me about it this afternoon and also told me to “expect correspondence” regarding the vaccine and that she would personally recommend that I have it.

I feel very unsure about this. I want to have a normal life but I don’t know if I want to be a guinea pig for a relatively quick to market vaccine. We just don’t know what the long term effects of this are.

• Sad
Reactions: 5
My work is going to be a vaccine delivery hub (just providing the space) and we're getting ready now. My sister works in a hospital and as she was leaving today huge portakabins were being erected for them.
At the Scottish briefing today Nicola Sturgeon said if the vaccine arrives in the time frame they expect they'll be starting the vaccines on Tuesday. The first people to get it will be the people giving the vaccines.

Thank you both for replying! I'm asking because I'm in Germany teaching and I was really hoping to go home for Christmas, I don't even mind the faff of the 5 days isolating and then test and then 10 days isolating on my return to Germany. A vaccine is good news but I'm not sure it'll have much affect on whether or not I can travel.

Well was due back at work today. Phone call from childmonder last night shes got to self isolate for 14 days as shes been immediate contact. Ideal 🙄

Last minute dash to b&m, the range, etc for a elf on the shelf which my daughter didn't want at the weekend, last night she decided she did. Next, curry's, debenhams, primark, morrisons clothing, toyshop was absolute rammed. The que must have been 50 people long. Never seen anything like it! So glad I do my x mas shopping of amazon and local businesses.

Boris and Van Tam doing a briefing at 5pm with a major announcement ( so the news have reported ) must be about the vacc.

Thank you both for replying! I'm asking because I'm in Germany teaching and I was really hoping to go home for Christmas, I don't even mind the faff of the 5 days isolating and then test and then 10 days isolating on my return to Germany. A vaccine is good news but I'm not sure it'll have much affect on whether or not I can travel.
It won't make a difference because it's done in two parts. You get the first injection and then 21 to 28 days later you get the second one.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.