Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #64

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Anyone who has travelled to countries that require vaccinations currently - what did you have to provide as proof?
Ive never had to prove by my travel insurance would be invalid if I hadn’t the right vaccinations

Reactions: 2
Ive never had to prove by my travel insurance would be invalid if I hadn’t the right vaccinations
Ahhh okay so it’s not like when you get to border control you have to show anything?

I’ve not been anywhere you need them but I was imagining the America style interrogation you get at border control there but for vaccines 😬

They're not in the first phase. With the number of vaccines there's no point publishing plans of phase two that won't start for many months.

The average age of someone dying from it is 82. So it's right to prioritize on age. There's way more chance of people not on phase 1 being run over than dying from it.
Definitely they should be prioritised. I just wondered if people under 50 will be vaccinated and children.

Oh no i agree and I do think even if the government don’t enforce anything some private companies may (flights etc). I don’t think it’s outside the realms of possibility we will need something like this to show if we had the vaccine or not in some scenarios, I just don’t think this thing in particular sounds like it will be that.

I am intrigued to see where this goes though, they need to be careful what they introduce.

Anyone who has travelled to countries that require vaccinations currently - what did you have to provide as proof?
You get a medical card that has all the details of the vaccination, the date it was given and when it expires etc.

Yel

Surely if you're going out and about on a media blitz and you're the mayor of london top of your list is to get a mask that fits. Sadiq is literally touching his every 5 seconds when his nose slips out because it's so loose. 🤦‍♀️ They're all as tit as each other.

PSX_20201202_132304.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: 8
A friend went in to town earlier and said it wasn't too bad. I guess it will depend upon the area though etc!
I want to get in a primark trip before Christmas just for some stocking filler bits/pjs etc but not sure if I can face the crowds when I bet everyone has had the same thought😂😂

Reactions: 5
Those of you on here who are vulnerable (myself included), what are your thoughts on having the vaccine?! I’m so worried about long term side effects, I have enough health issues and don’t want any more?! I would be interested to hear your thoughts please, thank you x

Reactions: 3
Those of you on here who are vulnerable (myself included), what are your thoughts on having the vaccine?! I’m so worried about long term side effects, I have enough health issues and don’t want any more?! I would be interested to hear your thoughts please, thank you x
I'm torn. Part of me thinks it's amazing news and that there's finally a glimmer of hope but then there's another part of me that's quite happy to let others go before me. I guess all vaccines come with risks but I'd rather watch and wait for now

Reactions: 3
I’ve been to the hairdresser (thank you Boris, I know you take hair styling seriously!) and then had to go to Specsavers to drop off my glasses to have the lenses changed. Popped into WHSmith as I needed a new notepad and a birthday card and I treated myself to a Greggs. Feels like my birthday, that’s a big day out now! Wasn’t very busy.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 12
I'm torn. Part of me thinks it's amazing news and that there's finally a glimmer of hope but then there's another part of me that's quite happy to let others go before me. I guess all vaccines come with risks but I'd rather watch and wait for now
I’m torn too. Interestingly I’ve not seen pregnant women mentioned in the order lists released so far about who will be offered the vaccine first. Does this mean they’re not advising it or are they just not mentioning it?

I’m torn too. Interestingly I’ve not seen pregnant women mentioned in the order lists released so far about who will be offered the vaccine first. Does this mean they’re not advising it or are they just not mentioning it?
They rarely test vaccines on pregnant women due to the ethics around it, although some volunteers were pregnant it wasn't a group that was specifically looked at so results won't be conclusive. This isn't specific to the covid vaccine.

Pregnant women aren't classed as vulnerable now though so it isn't surprising they aren't on the first list.

I’m in the shielded category, will be rolling my sleeve up and sticking my arm out as soon as possible. No hesitations. I’m an ICU charge nurse and I trust the science.

Reactions: 19
I’m vulnerable but not in the shielding category due to asthma, I will be having it as soon as I am able to.

Reactions: 7
I’ll probably be dead last due to being young fit and healthy but I cannot wait for my over 60 parents to get this so I can stop worrying about them!!! Especially my wee mum who works in a school with 1200 people with zero measure put in place to protect her

anyone faced any shops today?? How busy have they been?
I haven’t but our local news had updates of city centre. Said it was very quiet but ‘huge queues’ at Primark pre opening... with a photo of 10 people I counted waiting 🤣

• Haha
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.