Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #64

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I'm so excited about the vaccine, the relief of being able to do my job without worrying its going to result in me becoming unwell is amazing

• Heart
Reactions: 12
I honestly thought American would have rolled it out first .I’m really surprise that the UK has been left “centre stage “ I thought they would have monitored another country’s medical data first...fingers crossed everything works out.
Agreed. It’s good it’s been approved of course but it seems like the UK is the guinea pig of the world. I don’t think the UK being first is a cause of celebration- no other country has rolled it out to the general population... we’ve just got to keep our fingers crossed that nothing goes wrong. And places like Aus will wait I think to see how UK roll out/ vaccine uptake goes.

It seems quite similar to mass testing in Liverpool. Hancock was saying how great it was going so that’s been the justification for bringing it out to other parts of England so it seems like if the UK does well in uptake and there are no obvious effects then the rest of the world will take it up (but only after the rest of the world watches with bated breath!)

Not saying mass testing or the vaccine is inherently bad but interesting to see how they’re doing it.

Also I guess someone has to go first, guess that’s just the way the cookie crumbles 😂

Reactions: 5
In my opinion, the biggest challenges we face over the next 6 months or so are conspiracy theories and scepticism of sound science. I hope that we as a nation can overcome that.

• Heart
Reactions: 17
So we're been reported to the education department for failing to provide our children with education and for refusing to send them to school all because we're taking them out of school a week early for Christmas. Apparently it's not allowed and is against government legislation
You should have just pulled a sticky . Say they'd been throwing up .

Reactions: 1
They can ram it. I'm still keeping them at home and they can forget me making the kids work thay week. Looks like we will be having a Christmas movie and hot chocolate week instead if that's the thanks we get
Out of interest, which local education authority is this? I’d bloody appeal regardless but I know that some LEA’s are notoriously challenging :(

Agreed. It’s good it’s been approved of course but it seems like the UK is the guinea pig of the world. I don’t think the UK being first is a cause of celebration- no other country has rolled it out to the general population... we’ve just got to keep our fingers crossed that nothing goes wrong. And places like Aus will wait I think to see how UK roll out/ vaccine uptake goes.

It seems quite similar to mass testing in Liverpool. Hancock was saying how great it was going so that’s been the justification for bringing it out to other parts of England so it seems like if the UK does well in uptake and there are no obvious effects then the rest of the world will take it up (but only after the rest of the world watches with bated breath!)

Not saying mass testing or the vaccine is inherently bad but interesting to see how they’re doing it.

Also I guess someone has to go first, guess that’s just the way the cookie crumbles 😂
I read a couple of days ago the EU had secured a deal for millions of doses of the vaccine but the UK wasn’t included on their list of countries that would benefit...made me think has Brexit forced their arm on this 🤷🏼‍♀️

Well you might as well enjoy their unauthorised time off . Treat it like a holiday with no school work.
I plan to. I had every intention of making them work but have been told they'll be no work available for them as I'm refusing to provide them with an education. Was told that schools are perfectly safe and that been vulnerable doesn't have any impact as shielding is paused

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 8
I plan to. I had every intention of making them work but have been told they'll be no work available for them as I'm refusing to provide them with an education. Was told that schools are perfectly safe and that been vulnerable doesn't have any impact as shielding is paused
I really feel for you. Can’t understand why the school is taking this line - particularly since you were going to home school for the week.

I mean this is the rule, but I think most institutions have sort of turned blind eyes and put it down as isolation due to symptoms or contact.

Reactions: 4
There was a few of us unable to get our flu vaccine booked in with Boots a couple of months ago...this morning they have opened up to under 65s but it's first come first served. Managed to book in for tomrrow...yay!

cool, now Interpol are warning to look out for fake coronavirus vaccines

is there nothing that crims won't turn into an opportunity?

waiting for the news story that Johnson and Hancock have spaffed 3bn on one of these fakes

• Haha
Reactions: 6
This sounds super dodgy to me

Why don’t they stop beating round the bush and just come out with it? “ID sized card” 🤦‍♀️ don’t panic people it just looks like an ID card.
Is this not a bit like when you have a contraceptive implant put in? They give you a little card with the insertion and removal day that you can put in your wallet. Kind of like a diabetic bracelet type thing.

I don’t really think it’s dodgy necessarily. Just like and information thing rather than to gain entry anywhere.

Reactions: 3
Is this not a bit like when you have a contraceptive implant put in? They give you a little card with the insertion and removal day that you can put in your wallet. Kind of like a diabetic bracelet type thing.

I don’t really think it’s dodgy necessarily. Just like and information thing rather than to gain entry anywhere.
Yeah I dunno, why bother announcing it though... I’m not a conspiracy theorist but it does seem a bit weird to tell us this but try and downplay it at the same time. I really don’t think it’s going to come to the point of “no card no entry” but at the same time so much weird tit has happened this year (no sitting on benches for example!) that I honestly feel anything is possible now!

Yeah I dunno, why bother announcing it though... I’m not a conspiracy theorist but it does seem a bit weird to tell us this but try and downplay it at the same time. I really don’t think it’s going to come to the point of “no card no entry” but at the same time so much weird tit has happened this year (no sitting on benches for example!) that I honestly feel anything is possible now!
Oh no i agree and I do think even if the government don’t enforce anything some private companies may (flights etc). I don’t think it’s outside the realms of possibility we will need something like this to show if we had the vaccine or not in some scenarios, I just don’t think this thing in particular sounds like it will be that.

I am intrigued to see where this goes though, they need to be careful what they introduce.

Anyone who has travelled to countries that require vaccinations currently - what did you have to provide as proof?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.