Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #63

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Me and my partner were attacked in our own home by strangers a few nights ago, so we ended up spending the night at MIL. I WFH while partner is out for work so I didn't feel safe. But now, MIL is saying "since you already broke the rules once, you can be in our bubble for Christmas!" She's not getting it that no matter the rules, we can't do ANYTHING for Christmas since we have to isolate for my surgery. Its a completely different situation 🙃🙃🙃
I’m so sorry you went through this. How awful for you both.

Reactions: 2
Sounds really hard. I’m not sure what to do, we have been invited to my in laws, 3 households would be husbands parents + BIL and SIL + my husband, me and my parents (we all live together). BIL and SIL are NHS and have just had COVID, my husband had it in October (also NHS). Parents and in laws are retired and in early 60s. I’m going to be 28 weeks pregnant so vulnerable due to that. I’m feeling safer now I know BIL and SIL have had COVID but I also know they won’t stick to the 3 households rule as they will definitely go see my SIL’s parents over the Christmas period. ☹☹

It is hard isn’t it.

I guess all you can do is do your bit. If you can see your in laws before they see your SIL’s parents then that’s all you can do!

I hope you’re okay?!
We're OK. Very shook up though :( it's just hard for me to be here on my own throughout the day and has made me jumpy at any sudden noise. Fortunately it's pushed our house move through quicker now that our home is a crime scene, but not quick enough for my liking.

• Sad
Reactions: 8
Three households form an exclusive bubble that means they don't need to social distance from each other and can act as one household for the five days.

They don't all have to meet each other at one time, or technically they don't even all have to see each other but they couldn't see anyone else in that way, if they met up with anyone else it would have to be under the restrictions of the tier they are in.

So if your house bubbled with your parents and your in-laws that would be your exclusive three household bubble and they wouldn't be able to be part of anyone else's bubble. Your parents and your in-laws wouldn't need to meet and you could see them as and how you wished over that five day period.
That’s such a great explanation @malolo

So after much discussion last night we've decided just to have my parents for Christmas. My mother in law had already made arrangements to go for Christmas dinner at my BILs house as she came to us last year. Everyone seems happy enough with these arrangements so I can stop stressing. We always knew that this Christmas would be a strange one but just got to make the best out of it.
So pleased for you x

I don't think there should be a hiatus from the rules, it undermines EVERYTHING we've been told / instructed to do. Nobody would need to spend Christmas alone because of single household bubbles.

Yes, people would have broken the rules - as they are already doing. But people are going to break the Christmas rules, too. They'll either find their "but it's ok because..." or they don't give a toss anyway, and won't stick to the three households rule. Or they'll meet people either side of the five days allowed. Or they'll gather in pubs etc.

We're in lockdown. We're going to come out and there will still be tight restrictions destroying businesses and people's livelihoods. We've been told these restrictions will last until at least April. So if all that is required, WHY are we risking another rise in infections in January - when the NHS normally struggles at the best of times? We either need to be in lockdown / tiers, or we don't.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
Dreading the January/ February rise.
As much as it’s straight forward - pick & stick to 3 households. It’s going to be abused left right and centre 🤦🏼‍♀️

Reactions: 9
As someone who lives in a house share, I’m very happy about relaxation of rules. I’m not particularly close with my housemate but unable to bubble with anyone. Lockdown has been incredibly tough. I’m so pleased I’ll be able to go home over Christmas. There are definitely many people that need this!

Reactions: 9
Me and my partner were attacked in our own home by strangers a few nights ago, so we ended up spending the night at MIL. I WFH while partner is out for work so I didn't feel safe. But now, MIL is saying "since you already broke the rules once, you can be in our bubble for Christmas!" She's not getting it that no matter the rules, we can't do ANYTHING for Christmas since we have to isolate for my surgery. Its a completely different situation 🙃🙃🙃
Oh my goodness. Hope you're ok?

• Heart
Oh my goodness. Hope you're ok?
We're okay, thanks. Partner is worried mainly about needing to leave me home alone, as I'm understandably jumpy. We're lucky that the police have been very quick to help us and are on hand should something happen. Weapons were involved in the attack so the police are around me quite a lot at the moment, mainly to investigate but it helps me feel a bit safer.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 11
We're okay, thanks. Partner is worried mainly about needing to leave me home alone, as I'm understandably jumpy. We're lucky that the police have been very quick to help us and are on hand should something happen. Weapons were involved in the attack so the police are around me quite a lot at the moment, mainly to investigate but it helps me feel a bit safer.
Oh my god how terrifying. Glad the police are there for you but sending a huge lot of love your way xx

Reactions: 1
Hope youre all doing okay - how scary. Hopefully they can find who did this. ♥

• Heart
Oh my god how terrifying. Glad the police are there for you but sending a huge lot of love your way xx
Thank you! It could have been a lot worse as neither of us were hurt. We were just a bit unlucky as this incident wasn't a targeted attack on us per se, it's just linked to a related crime which was already on the police's radar. Its still not reassuring when the police say that to me though! Xx

• Sad
That sounds horrific, I'm so sorry to hear that. I'm glad the police have been supportive and responsive.

• Heart
I’m a bit confused by the bubble business. If I choose two households to bubble with for example my dad and my in laws, does that mean they both have to form a bubble with my household and each other, even though we won’t be seeing them on the same day & they won’t be seeing each other.

Reactions: 3
Thank you for your support everyone ❤ it's been a hard few days. I'm so grateful for the police, how quick they've responded to us etc. Even to our landlord who pulled his finger out (for once) and got our smashed window boarded up right away. It's an ongoing investigation, but I will feel so much happier to get out of this place. I'm hoping that once we've moved, that my jumpiness and flash backs will subside. Xx

• Heart
Reactions: 13
Im so confused with the christmas rules and I only have a small family 😂
Christmas day is usually a bit of a mare anyway due to my partner not having anything to do with my family 🙄
We usually spend Christmas eve/morning together then he will go to his family (1 household) and I go to my mums (1 household) then i go to my dads for bit (1 household) then we are back together in the evening.
Im assuming thats not allowed though this year as its mixing more than 3 🤷🏻‍♀️

Reactions: 1
I’m a bit confused by the bubble business. If I choose two households to bubble with for example my dad and my in laws, does that mean they both have to form a bubble with my household and each other, even though we won’t be seeing them on the same day & they won’t be seeing each other.
I'd of thought if they aren't seeing you on the same day they could pick one other house hold? It's a bit confusing

Yes. The three households in the bubble cannot see anyone else even if they do not see each other.

You are 1, your dad is 2 and in laws are 3. If they were to see anyone else it would be 4 despite only seeing you.

I'd of thought if they aren't seeing you on the same day they could pick one other house hold? It's a bit confusing
No, you have to stick to 3 in the whole bubble.

A could see B on one day and then C on another. So that is you 3 regardless if B & C never meet. If C was to pick someone else that would be D and would be 4.

Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.