Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #63

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
So.... if it’s 3 households are we allowed to do this..

my parents and brother live together... 1 household
My partners mum, brother and his girlfriend also live together (he has another brother who lives in England).

I already know my parents are only going to see us and not another household. So assuming my partners brother from England doesn’t come home for Christmas and his mum doesn’t see any other household (which we’d need to speak to her about first) then can we see both sets of parents?

confused!
No one from any house would be able to bubble with anyone else, but yes if everyone agreed that was their three household bubble then it'd be fine. The girlfriend wouldn't be able to see her family in the same way as you would be for example.

Reactions: 1
My daughters test came back positive
So sorry to hear this hope shes not too unwell. Do you think came from school.

Blimey gmb is is being really negative about Xmas mixing and the professor of epidemiology says its a mistake.

Thinking about it. If you well stocked on food. That you can work from home.
You could self isolate for 14 days before seeing family to mitigate risks.
But so many people can't work from home.
If there was mass random testing like Liverpool then that might give some families reassurance about meeting.
My dad was shielding and my mums older and has various health issues.
I just can't risk it.
My 3 schools age children go 3 different schools.
The senior schools had loads cases.
The city I love in very high r rate compared to small town in Wales where my mam lives.
I know there s risk in everything we do.

No one from any house would be able to bubble with anyone else, but yes if everyone agreed that was their three household bubble then it'd be fine. The girlfriend wouldn't be able to see her family in the same way as you would be for example.
She’s already said before Christmas plans were announced she won’t be seeing her family this year because they’re all in Hungary and with self isolation etc it’s not feasible. Obviously otherwise we’d be speaking to them and seeing what their plans were etc. But we know they’ll be spending Christmas with whatever bubble his mum chooses.

My parents aren’t going to bubble with another household because anyone else they’d want to see would be bubbling with their own children etc.
They’re happy enough having us and our little boy.

Yet to discuss with partners family cause we weren’t sure if it was allowed. Obviously if any of them want to bubble with someone else or if his other brother comes home for Christmas it won’t work and in that case we’ll just see my parents. At least this way it’s their decision and we can’t be blamed for choosing my parents over his 🤦‍♀️

Just thinking this Christmas household situation. What's the difference between 3 big households meeting up, and more than 3 but the households are smaller, so total number of people could be less than 3 households? Surely the potential number of cases arising from both scernairos would be the same?
No it would be more. One household acts a one person, they collectively have all be exposed to the same by living together.

If you take 4 people per household that makes 12 people but still only 4 bubbles. If you were to meet with 12 individuals you would be exposed to 12 different bubbles and have a bigger chance of catching it. It about the number of household units/bubbles not actual people as if you live together your risk is pretty equal.

Blimey gmb is is being really negative about Xmas mixing and the professor of epidemiology says its a mistake.
I think it is a big mistake. People who are breaking the rules now will go into overdrive and those of us following it will suffer the consequences come January. It makes a complete mockery of the current restrictions. I think there should have been some exceptions for family in care/palliative care or whos Christmas it would be their last - i.e short visits etc.

Last edited:
Reactions: 8
France are apparently keeping all pubs and restaurants closed until 20th January 😯 re opening non essential retail and lifting their lockdown over the next week though I believe.

Also apparently Disneyland Paris now can’t open over Xmas as planned and won’t reopen until Feb. I think someone here had a trip planned for December 😔

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 9
It's so hard trying to figure out what the right thing to do is. Just watching GMB this morning has nearly put me off!

I live in Manchester with my boyfriend, we go out once a week to do a food shop and have essentially been on our own since March without seeing anyone. We work from home and neither of us have had Covid or any symptoms. My family are in Lincolnshire and I was planning to self isolate for as long as possible before getting the train down to stay with my parents over Christmas, with my partner doing the same with his family in Liverpool.

My mum works in a Care Home and my dad works in a hospital. I worry so much about passing something on to them with they then take into work but do you think by self isolating the risk is low enough?

I think it is a big mistake. People who are breaking the rules now will go into overdrive and those of us following it will suffer the consequences come January. It makes a complete mockery of the current restrictions. I think there should have been some exceptions for family in care/palliative care or whos Christmas it would be their last - i.e short visits etc.
The people who break the rules now will be complaining again in Jan/Feb when all our bars and restaurants are getting closed again.

I don't understand the fuss some are making over a 1/2 day holiday.

• Heart
My Mum has 3 kids obviously she wants us all there for Christmas but that would make it 4 households. Does anyone know if me and my household isolated for 2 weeks beforehand would this be allowed?

My Mum, sister and Brother can't isolate as they are all key workers whereas for us DH (dear husband) works from home and I'm not working. If we can't do this then we'll all be spending Christmas within our households because it isn't fair to say one sibling can't come for Christmas.

It's so hard trying to figure out what the right thing to do is. Just watching GMB this morning has nearly put me off!

I live in Manchester with my boyfriend, we go out once a week to do a food shop and have essentially been on our own since March without seeing anyone. We work from home and neither of us have had Covid or any symptoms. My family are in Lincolnshire and I was planning to self isolate for as long as possible before getting the train down to stay with my parents over Christmas, with my partner doing the same with his family in Liverpool.

My mum works in a Care Home and my dad works in a hospital. I worry so much about passing something on to them with they then take into work but do you think by self isolating the risk is low enough?
You could still get it on the train...so even if you isolate, you are not risk free. If you were driving that would be different. With your parents careers, I wouldn't risk it. Why don't you spend it with your boyfriend since you live together? At least you won't be alone. If everyone thinks it's okay to do similar to you, there will be a lot of spread over Christmas.

Reactions: 4
I can't see my girls dad sticking to seeing 2 households. Last weekend they saw people from 3 households.
I'm bubbled with my mum and then I'll see my dad on another day

• Sad
My Mum has 3 kids obviously she wants us all there for Christmas but that would make it 4 households. Does anyone know if me and my household isolated for 2 weeks beforehand would this be allowed?
That would be the safest way to do it, but still technically outside the restrictions.

Reactions: 3
You could still get it on the train...so even if you isolate, you are not risk free. If you were driving that would be different. With your parents careers, I wouldn't risk it. Why don't you spend it with your boyfriend since you live together? At least you won't be alone. If everyone thinks it's okay to do similar to you, there will be a lot of spread over Christmas.
This is exactly my worry. Genuinely would feel awful if anything happened and I just can't see how it is worth it. It's looking like a quiet Christmas this year!

France are apparently keeping all pubs and restaurants closed until 20th January 😯 re opening non essential retail and lifting their lockdown over the next week though I believe.

Also apparently Disneyland Paris now can’t open over Xmas as planned and won’t reopen until Feb. I think someone here had a trip planned for December 😔
I had a trip planned for December😭I was just starting to let myself get excited about it when France started this lockdown but since then I’ve just been waiting for the inevitable. I was gutted at first and still am but I’ve had time to come to terms with it. I’m now thinking about what nice things we can spend the refund on!😆

Prices for dlp next year are ridiculous so no idea when we’ll book that again.

• Sad
Reactions: 4
I had a trip planned for December😭I was just starting to let myself get excited about it when France started this lockdown but since then I’ve just been waiting for the inevitable. I was gutted at first and still am but I’ve had time to come to terms with it. I’m now thinking about what nice things we can spend the refund on!😆
Awww I’m glad you’re not too sad about it, I was a bit shocked when i saw the closure. Knew it was either you or tublet booked to go but couldn’t remember which!

Hope you find something amazing to spend the refund on and with how much better things are looking atm you can hopefully get there in 2021 😊

• Heart
Awww I’m glad you’re not too sad about it, I was a bit shocked when i saw the closure. Knew it was either you or tublet booked to go but couldn’t remember which!

Hope you find something amazing to spend the refund on and with how much better things are looking atm you can hopefully get there in 2021 😊
Hope to book again at some point, but not sure when as prices have gone a bit mad for next year. Maybe we’ll book Butlins instead or something. Real shame though.

Reactions: 2
Me and my partner were attacked in our own home by strangers a few nights ago, so we ended up spending the night at MIL. I WFH while partner is out for work so I didn't feel safe. But now, MIL is saying "since you already broke the rules once, you can be in our bubble for Christmas!" She's not getting it that no matter the rules, we can't do ANYTHING for Christmas since we have to isolate for my surgery. Its a completely different situation 🙃🙃🙃

• Wow
  • Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 12
My mum has been very anxious about covid and I'd love to see her for Christmas but just not sure if she'd feel comfortable. I work from home and my partner works part time cleaning in a school but he's there after all the kids have left for the day and wears PPE the whole time. My mum and dad only really leave the house to shop and they are bubbled with my gran who lives two hours away.

I honestly feel if we isolated for the 14 days prior to Christmas we would be happy going in to their house, but I still don't think I'd be willing to not social distance. It feels strange to just abandon that for five days and then need to go back to it once Christmas is over. That's really the main thing that concerns me about all this is the lifting of social distancing. I think it's fair enough to say households can meet up, and not having to stick to the rule of 6 etc but I still feel social distancing should still be a thing. The virus isn't going to hibernate for those five days.

I feel like the govt had to do this, else people would have done their own thing anyway. I'm suprised the household isn't limited to a number though. If there's e.g. 5 per household that's 15 people legally allowed to mix over Xmas.... Whereas households of just 2 people can only mix with another 2 household... Which would be 6 people...

It doesn't seem right as there's clearly more risk in that 15 people going to 15 different workplaces/schools/nurseries compared to just 6 workplaces/schools/nurseries...

I'm maybe not explaining it v well and it doesn't personally affect me but one of my friends is going to have to leave out her mum due to the above scenario when the 3 households included in her Xmas bubble only consists of 8 people

Me and my partner were attacked in our own home by strangers a few nights ago, so we ended up spending the night at MIL. I WFH while partner is out for work so I didn't feel safe. But now, MIL is saying "since you already broke the rules once, you can be in our bubble for Christmas!" She's not getting it that no matter the rules, we can't do ANYTHING for Christmas since we have to isolate for my surgery. Its a completely different situation 🙃🙃🙃
I hope you’re okay?!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.