Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #57

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Can he drive you and wait in the car?!

The baked beans/kidney beans made me laugh! 😂
Yeah that’s probs what we will do, we just didn’t last time as he complained it wasted his time 🙄 but I’ve learned my lesson sending him in 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Yeah that’s probs what we will do, we just didn’t last time as he complained it wasted his time 🙄 but I’ve learned my lesson sending him in 😂

My partner went to the local shop for me last year and I asked him to get Sandwich thins....he thought I said sandwich fillings and came back with a tin of anchovies?!?!?! 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 22
I sent mine for a packet of Riesen choc chews 😋 and he came back with a bag of raisins :rolleyes: no effin joke..

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 12
My mam once sent my step dad to shop for some cranberry juice n he came back with a jar of cranberry sauce 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 11
Our Sainsburys tried to introduce the one adult rule. We both go together basically it speeds up the process, and we told the little Hitler's on the door that if they wanted paying then he had to come in with me. They let us both in but it left me with a bitter taste in my mouth and we now use M&S instead.
It may well speed up the shopping process for you but in my experience couples doing the food shopping together tends to slow down the same process for everyone else shopping at the same time. Not only does it mean that one less other shopper gets to enter the shop if there is a queueing system in place, but I‘ve also found entire aisles being ‘blocked’ by a single couple (each with a trolley) browsing separately at different ends of the aisle, effectively taking up the entire aisle between them and not permitting anyone obeying social distancing measures to enter the aisle. As for the ‘Little Hitlers’ at the store entrance, they are only doing what they have been told to do and would much prefer it if they weren’t subjected to abuse and aggro from people unwilling to follow what the store managers have asked them to.

Reactions: 20
I have 3 kids in 3 different years at primary school.
It's the first day of half term and middle child's school bubble has burst with 2 cases 😢😢😢
So she's in isolation for 2wks and we are now stuck in the house.

I need chocolate lots and lots of chocolate

• Sad
Reactions: 11
For once I might actually watch the Queen's Speech on Christmas Day (because I am convinced this pandemic tit will be with well into the new year.)

No doubt she'll spout the bleedin' obvious (will be she wearing a mask I wonder?) But this will be another annus horribilis (tries to keep a straight face :ROFLMAO: ), not just for her personally,but for the country as a whole.

Reactions: 8
For once I might actually watch the Queen's Speech on Christmas Day (because I am convinced this pandemic tit will be with well into the new year.)

No doubt she'll spout the bleedin' obvious (will be she wearing a mask I wonder?) But this will be another annus horribilis (tries to keep a straight face :ROFLMAO: ), not just for her personally,but for the country as a whole.
The queen won’t wear a mask - didn’t she meet some people the other day and I’m pretty sure she didn’t wear one?

Our Sainsburys tried to introduce the one adult rule. We both go together basically it speeds up the process, and we told the little Hitler's on the door that if they wanted paying then he had to come in with me. They let us both in but it left me with a bitter taste in my mouth and we now use M&S instead.
This comes across that your husband is financially controlling you and won't let you go anywhere yourself.

Not that you gave a jobsworth a telling.

• Haha
Reactions: 10

I doubt she’ll wear a mask. Practically everyone she comes in to contact with will have either been quarantined, tested or in her palace bubble 👸🏼

Reactions: 4
I doubt she’ll wear a mask. Practically everyone she comes in to contact with will have either been quarantined, tested or in her palace bubble 👸🏼
I didn't work for the pope .Practically the whole Vatican is testing pos including his Swiss guards that have had close enough contact with him.

This comes across that your husband is financially controlling you and won't let you go anywhere yourself.

Not that you gave a jobsworth a telling.
Is that really a thing anymore ? does the husband still hold the purse ?

Reactions: 1
I didn't work for the pope .Practically the whole Vatican is testing pos including his Swiss guards that have had close enough contact with him.
I guess it depends how strict they are 🤷🏻‍♀️
I think it would have been good optics for HM to wear a mask especially as encouragement for others to wear them.

Reactions: 3
I know this is off-topic, but I didn't know where to post. I'm sure you know that we in the UK will have to put our clocks back an hour tonight (2am to 1am)

Thanks. Carry on (y)

I guess it depends how strict they are 🤷🏻‍♀️
I think it would have been good optics for HM to wear a mask especially as encouragement for others to wear them.
They’re very strict the pope has only one lung so they were taking extra precautions,,that obvioulsy failed

Come to think of it if Queenie did pop her clogs would they've weave all the measures to give her a state funeral 🤔

Last edited:
Reactions: 2
The mop photo is real. I live in Wales. Someone im friend with on Facebook went to Morrison’s last night and the clothes are all taped off.
I live in Wales and my local Asda in Blaenau Gwent has the clothing isle completely gated off and noticed pinned up on non-essential items. I think it's ridiculous, tbh - we didn't even have these restrictions in full lockdown in March! I get that they want to reduce the number of people in the shop and take away the browsing element, but if you're in there anyway, you should be able to buy what you want. All people will do is buy online, so they're not helping.

Reactions: 5

Is that really a thing anymore ? does the husband still hold the purse ?
I let my husband hold the purse when hes got more money than me. That always works out well for me!

• Haha
Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.