Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #57

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Yes he's held it for about 15 years I think. A couple of elections ago the media made a big thing of following a candidate standing against him as she was from the Women's Equality Party, because he advocates strongly for men's rights. She got nowhere, of course. He's basically as far right as you can get. I know him as we have a horse racing connection, but I know his father Peter better because I worked with him when he was mayor of Doncaster. They are both pleasant people to associate with but their politics and affiliations are very ugly. It kind of makes me think that sending him a letter like that was deliberately done to elicit that response so it could be shared with the public. Nobody from his constituency would seriously contact him about an issue like that and expect anything other than the response he gave. They know what he's like and he's never going to change.
but then you could argue it's not him so much but the people who vote for him compared to weaker opponents looking for your vote.

Isn't there an incubation period ? they might have caught it before school broke up so could have been in contact with people,would be my thinking
This isn’t the person who actually has it or has any symptoms though.

Okay. But it’s half term and they work in a school. I’m just wondering as the person who has been in contact with the positive case works with kids so won’t be at school but do parents have to know?

diagram.
Person a - positive
Person b (bubble) - no symptoms. Isolate. Half term. Not at work. Do they tell employer? Do their contacts have to be told?

also adding this is not me.
If the person was a close contact during the time of exposure then yes they would need to isolate. If they were in a bubble but hadn't seen the person in a couple of weeks then no?

This isn’t the person who actually has it or has any symptoms though.
Oh I thought they were inquiring for the pos case, obviously they would just need to say they were isolating as a close contact .But if the pos case had been near the school in the last 14 day’s they would need to tell the school of the pos result as that’s the incubation period is it not

If the person was a close contact during the time of exposure then yes they would need to isolate. If they were in a bubble but hadn't seen the person in a couple of weeks then no?
Not wanting to disrespect your post but you can understand why a lot of people are so tired confused and generally pissed off with all these conflicting rules and regulations as to what you can and can't do, and with whomever, where and when.

Reactions: 6
Apologies for confusing everyone. I think I was hugely projecting my confusion with it all.

Reactions: 3
The virus has a lot to answer for. I hate twee community stuff normally anyway (I'm a total hipster) but coronavirus seems to have made this more common

Screenshot_20201023_223145.jpg

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 17
It's crushingly sad that, in these 'unprecidented' and viciously cruel times, politicians couldn't dig deep enough into their basic humanity and put political ideologies to one side to ensure that the most vulnerable don't have to suffer even more than they already are.

Every family will have been impacted by this virus. Every single child will be feeling the impact in some way or another. Families who already had nothing may now not even have that. Families who previously had plenty may now find themselves without. Government decisions as to who qualifies for furlough, what business can remain open and, let's not forget, the inertia around finalising EU trade talks, will have impacted many, many families. These won't just be the easily targetable 'dreggs' of society that should 'learn to budget' and be grateful (but let's keep quiet the fact that the most benefits are actually paid out to working households as that definitely doesn't fit the benefit scrounger channel 5 fetishized trope). These will be families where parents are self employed and fall short of qualifying for furlough. These will be families where their employer has folded. These will be families where parents previously worked in universities but had their contracts ended early.

No parent will ever let their child go hungry. As every piece of evidence shows, the parents- normally the mothers- will go without to allow the child to eat. Then, when that option stops being viable, meals will be cut. This impacts children academically, physically and mentally.

Let the UK never forget that these elected leaders chose to vote against something so financially trivial but socially and ethically huge.

Reactions: 22
It's crushingly sad that, in these 'unprecidented' and viciously cruel times, politicians couldn't dig deep enough into their basic humanity and put political ideologies to one side to ensure that the most vulnerable don't have to suffer even more than they already are.

Every family will have been impacted by this virus. Every single child will be feeling the impact in some way or another. Families who already had nothing may now not even have that. Families who previously had plenty may now find themselves without. Government decisions as to who qualifies for furlough, what business can remain open and, let's not forget, the inertia around finalising EU trade talks, will have impacted many, many families. These won't just be the easily targetable 'dreggs' of society that should 'learn to budget' and be grateful (but let's keep quiet the fact that the most benefits are actually paid out to working households as that definitely doesn't fit the benefit scrounger channel 5 fetishized trope). These will be families where parents are self employed and fall short of qualifying for furlough. These will be families where their employer has folded. These will be families where parents previously worked in universities but had their contracts ended early.

No parent will ever let their child go hungry. As every piece of evidence shows, the parents- normally the mothers- will go without to allow the child to eat. Then, when that option stops being viable, meals will be cut. This impacts children academically, physically and mentally.

Let the UK never forget that these elected leaders chose to vote against something so financially trivial but socially and ethically huge.
The government have paid out over £200bn during the pandemic and we're not even close to seeing the end in sight. HS2 has been budgeted (again!) to £106bn. This went up to almost £107bn last week before the project has fully kicked off, but government don't seem to give two shits about that!

And yet they can't release an extra £40 odd million for this kind and considerate gesture to those most affected by this diaster.

Reactions: 9
The government have paid out over £200bn during the pandemic and we're not even close to seeing the end in sight. HS2 has been budgeted (again!) to £106bn. This went up to almost £107bn last week before the project has fully kicked off, but government don't seem to give two shits about that!

And yet they can't release an extra £40 odd million for this kind and considerate gesture to those most affected by this diaster.
I'm going to branch out in an unpopular direction to say that now is not the time to be cancelling a project like HS2. Cancelling it would literally put thousands of employees out of work at a time of mass unemployment and also as much as HS2 is a great, big hefalump in the room, it is providing and will continue to provide employment for lots and lots of people in times of difficulty.

Reactions: 7
I'm going to branch out in an unpopular direction to say that now is not the time to be cancelling a project like HS2. Cancelling it would literally put thousands of employees out of work at a time of mass unemployment and also as much as HS2 is a great, big hefalump in the room, it is providing and will continue to provide employment for lots and lots of people in times of difficulty.
True, but my contention here is the spiralling costs which will burden future generations given that the country is already £2.1trillion in debt with rest of the world.

And yet government doesn't seem too phased by the ever rising costs (just like they don't seem bothered with escalating costs with London's CrossRail project)

But they batten down the hatches over a poxy £40m+

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.