Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #56

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I can't believe( well I can, this is the tory tit show after all) they've lumped 15-44 year olds together. So the age range includes children who are too young to drive, drink or legally have sex all the way upto to adults who could be grandparents!
exactly!!!!!!!! totally nonsensical! I thought I had read this wrong!

Reactions: 4
What happened to Jenny, the advisor who was always at these briefings at the beginning?

Reactions: 7
what does the irish woman mean by "ramping up an increase in testing"? surely ramping up= increase?

Reactions: 4
This briefing is just basically Boris saying, “look how some areas are complying with us so well. Screw you Manchester. This is a warning to anyone else unwilling to comply in the future. We’re going to try and make you look like idiots” 🙄
I didn’t watch the briefing but reading all this is making me so angry. Essentially areas should just accept being plunged into poverty unquestioningly?

If the government care that much about preservation of life and not overwhelming the NHS they would restore the 80% furlough rate to ensure smooth transitions into lockdown but clearly it’s no longer about that.

Reactions: 14
Where's witty. Is he not to be trusted as yes tears in zone 3 be wasted as won't be enough to work.

What happened to Jenny, the advisor who was always at these briefings at the beginning?
I remember her getting a lot of love in the Twittersphere the first few times she appeared, 'so refreshing, speaks sense etc', then when they started turning on SAGE, saying they were all Tory cronies, etc, they became quite vicious towards her for some reason. Maybe she decided she didn't want to be a part of the media circus anymore.

Reactions: 2
I think Boris has completing lost the plot even the guy on sky news said after it was over he can't believe they're letting those types of numbers go ,70,000 cases per day 😐

• Sad
Reactions: 10
So is it true that they’re controlling who gets to speak to the public and journalists 😮

acts shocked for the laugh

• Wow
Turns out the "scaremongering" exponential growth graph wasn't scaremongering at all if infections are likely around 40-50k a day.

If they are going to continue down this tier path they need to give more advice and support to those who were shielding. I know there is shielding advice within each tier but in tier 3 it essentially says you should stay home as much as possible but offers no financial support.

So if you are clinically vulnerable in a tier 3 area but work in retail what are you supposed to do?

• Heart
Reactions: 16
Many are saying due to mental health problems they won't cope with another lockdown .I too struggled , but at this point , I'm struggling far more with anxiety in this shitstorm of will he won't he , local tiers, too many rules for each tier, leaders refusing to accept restrictions etc.etc.
I'm struggling with the expectation of having to work and school children and the stresses that entails, for absolutely no social life , holidays , get together with families etc. for an indefinite period of time.
I never thought I'd say it but I would feel more settled with a national lockdown for a set period of time. During which the bloody government listened to the scientists and sorted out a proper testing and tracking system.
All this uncertainty is just a head duck for me 😞

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 32
Well watching that was good time wasted. So infection rates are sky high but no they aren't doing anything about it.
Oh and the Andy Burnham threats 🙄🙄

Ffs Boris what was the point of that?

Reactions: 7
Many are saying due to mental health problems they won't cope with another lockdown .I too struggled , but at this point , I'm struggling far more with anxiety in this shitstorm of will he won't he , local tiers, too many rules for each tier, leaders refusing to accept restrictions etc.etc.
I'm struggling with the expectation of having to work and school children and the stresses that entails, for absolutely no social life , holidays , get together with families etc. for an indefinite period of time.
I never thought I'd say it but I would feel more settled with a national lockdown for a set period of time. During which the bloody government listened to the scientists and sorted out a proper testing and tracking system.
All this uncertainty is just a head duck for me 😞
This is exactly how I feel tbh. My head is actually a mess.

Well watching that was good time wasted. So infection rates are sky high but no they aren't doing anything about it.
Oh and the Andy Burnham threats 🙄🙄

Ffs Boris what was the point of that?
Being a bully really.

Reactions: 3
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.