Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #56

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Many are saying due to mental health problems they won't cope with another lockdown .I too struggled , but at this point , I'm struggling far more with anxiety in this shitstorm of will he won't he , local tiers, too many rules for each tier, leaders refusing to accept restrictions etc.etc.
I'm struggling with the expectation of having to work and school children and the stresses that entails, for absolutely no social life , holidays , get together with families etc. for an indefinite period of time.
I never thought I'd say it but I would feel more settled with a national lockdown for a set period of time. During which the bloody government listened to the scientists and sorted out a proper testing and tracking system.
All this uncertainty is just a head duck for me 😞

I agree with all of this 100%

Reactions: 4
If they are going to continue down this tier path they need to give more advice and support to those who were shielding. I know there is shielding advice within each tier but in tier 3 it essentially says you should stay home as much as possible but offers no financial support.

So if you are clinically vulnerable in a tier 3 area but work in retail what are you supposed to do?
It’s disgraceful. I’m pregnant and fortunately have a very supportive workplace but I’ve heard some awful stories. I’d be even more worried if I had a chronic medical condition which makes me vulnerable - at least pregnancy is temporary!! The government have abandoned a huge group of people and it’s not ok

Reactions: 17
I've seen a few people mentioning school years/bubbles being sent home. This was the initial plan in my area when the schools went back, but this was soon changed to a risk assessment being carried out following a positive case, and only those pupils/staff who have had close contact with the positive case are then told to isolate. Any other areas doing it like this too? No cases as yet in my school but this is how they have done it at the local comps. 🤷🏼‍♀️

If they are going to continue down this tier path they need to give more advice and support to those who were shielding. I know there is shielding advice within each tier but in tier 3 it essentially says you should stay home as much as possible but offers no financial support.

So if you are clinically vulnerable in a tier 3 area but work in retail what are you supposed to do?
Nothing has changed for those shielding. There's no financial support so it's a case of having to go to work.

• Sad
Reactions: 8
Now we have seen Bojo's negotiation tactics with Andy I guess no one can be surprised that Brexit failed.

Reactions: 16
I've seen a few people mentioning school years/bubbles being sent home. This was the initial plan in my area when the schools went back, but this was soon changed to a risk assessment being carried out following a positive case, and only those pupils/staff who have had close contact with the positive case are then told to isolate. Any other areas doing it like this too? No cases as yet in my school but this is how they have done it at the local comps. 🤷🏼‍♀️
My son's secondary school have had two positive cases, the pupils who sit close have to isolate but the rest of class/year bubble go in unless they get symptoms. Those that have had close contact the siblings still have to attend. We have been told they can wear jumpers/sweatshirts under blazers as windows will be staying open over winter.

• Sad
Reactions: 6
I can't believe( well I can, this is the tory tit show after all) they've lumped 15-44 year olds together. So the age range includes children who are too young to drive, drink or legally have sex all the way upto to adults who could be grandparents!
Very very sneaky that. They've done that on purpose to keep the schools and unis open. They know that the bulk of transmissions are coming from school and uni aged kids but this way it drives the numbers down so they don't have to close them

Reactions: 14
I didn’t need to put the conference on as my next door neighbour has their TV on so loud I can hear Boris through the walls
Seems to be a regular thing with Boris. Remember when his neighbours wouldn't 'play nice' with the government PR machine and spoke out about him and Carrie having a blazing row after she found out about one of his flings when she was in early pregnancy 🤣

• Wow
Very very sneaky that. They've done that on purpose to keep the schools and unis open. They know that the bulk of transmissions are coming from school and uni aged kids but this way it drives the numbers down so they don't have to close them

My husband always says you have lies, damn lies and statistics

Reactions: 5
I’ve had such a busy day at work haven’t been able to check the news and I feel so good for it - read here for the key points though😂 I can’t work out if I’d feel better or worse in a full lockdown with all the speculation and tit - but seeing the tier 2 imposition on London / Essex / other places could be until MARCH is awful 😕

Reactions: 3
I've started messing around on Hinge (a dating app) and the thought that I can't meet up with someone and just have a cheeky snog for an indefinite period of time feels ridiculous. How dare I not have been in a stable long term relationship in March 2020, how silly of me. FFS. I want some d.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 27
Yep. My son (Yr9) said that one of his class went home, subsequently tested positive, and they only asked the kids near to him on the seating plan to isolate. Nevermind that they all mix at break time .

Don't get me wrong...I ain't complaining -i'd rather him be in school tbh.

The evidence that there is significant transmission in schools is not really borne out by the increased infection rates and children are not drivers of infection and spread in the community in the same way we know they are for flu, for example.

Reactions: 3
Nothing has changed for those shielding. There's no financial support so it's a case of having to go to work.
On this page where it gives specific shielding advice for each of the new tiers it does say in tier 3 if you absolutely cannot wfh then your employer should do everything they can to limit your exposure, and I would hope most employed would be willing to at least put people in the least customer facing roles or move them around within the company for the interim where possible 😔

Last edited:
Reactions: 1
I was talking to my Nan earlier and we got onto the subject of Christmas and how she was worried she wouldn't be able to go to my aunts as she usually does (no regard for the fact I'll be alone but heyho) anyway my aunt has two kids who no longer live with her and apparently has told my Nan it will be fine as her, both my cousins and my cousins wife are all in her bubble. Am I right in thinking that it's only two households you can have in your bubble (you and one other) so that wouldn't work? My nan also has another aunt in her bubble and my parents... I feel like they're taking the piss a bit but I don't know if that's just because I'm on my own and nobody has formed a bubble with me...

• Sad
Reactions: 6
I've started messing around on Hinge (a dating app) and the thought that I can't meet up with someone and just have a cheeky snog for an indefinite period of time feels ridiculous. How dare I not have been in a stable long term relationship in March 2020, how silly of me. FFS. I want some d.
I think current advice is that you can still meet outdoors but that doggy style is preferable. I think you might just need to bypass some of the usual niceties 😳

You can still do a drive-thru Maccies after tho. Ah the romance.

• Haha
Reactions: 23
Yep. My son (Yr9) said that one of his class went home, subsequently tested positive, and they only asked the kids near to him on the seating plan to isolate. Nevermind that they all mix at break time .

Don't get me wrong...I ain't complaining -i'd rather him be in school tbh.

The evidence that there is significant transmission in schools is not really borne out by the increased infection rates and children are not drivers of infection and spread in the community in the same way we know they are for flu, for example.
Thank you. I was speaking to one of the other mums on our street. She does the admin at the local comp and the other day had the unenviable job of phoning the parents of the small group of students who had been selected for isolation.

She then had to deal with a stream of other parents complaining that their child hadn't been sent home. A thankless task!

Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: 2
Anyone else thinking that Christmas food&drink sales will be through the roof this year? Supermarkets will do record trade imo.

It's been a crappy year for the best of us, and devastating for the rest, so d'ya know what, if I can reasonably manage it, we are going to feast like bleeping kings for the Christmas period 🍾🍹

Reactions: 13
I think current advice is that you can still meet outdoors but that doggy style is preferable. I think you might just need to bypass some of the usual niceties 😳

You can still do a drive-thru Maccies after tho. Ah the romance.
And they say romance is dead!

• Haha
Reactions: 5
I’ve had such a busy day at work haven’t been able to check the news and I feel so good for it - read here for the key points though😂 I can’t work out if I’d feel better or worse in a full lockdown with all the speculation and tit - but seeing the tier 2 imposition on London / Essex / other places could be until MARCH is awful 😕
Leicester has never left lockdown since March!!!

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 8
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.