Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #56

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Just listening to Hancock at the commons 1 in 10 now presenting with long covid I wonder how much the economy will suffer with so many unable to work.

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 11
Just listening to Hancock at the commons 1 in 10 now presenting with long covid I wonder how much the economy will suffer with so many unable to work.
I worry about this, for everyone who argues it’s “only” the elderly or compromised that die, what exactly do we know about the long term effects of the “young and healthy” that get unwell.

Reactions: 22
I worry about this, for everyone who argues it’s “only” the elderly or compromised that die, what exactly do we know about the long term effects of the “young and healthy” that get unwell.
5473762A-128F-4477-A7F1-FE470CA3DB57.png

Reactions: 5
This has always been my fear, and it really winds me up when people dismiss the deaths in such a way. Added to the as yet unknown effects on unborn babies and the distinct possibility of reinfection.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
My neighbour (a nurse) has long covid, she was a runner but can no longer run due to it, only early 40s. May not sound a big deal but I think it is, to have a hobby and your fitness taken.

• Sad
Reactions: 19
This has always been my fear, and it really winds me up when people dismiss the deaths in such a way. Added to the as yet unknown effects on unborn babies and the distinct possibility of reinfection.
It looks more and more like the elderly will die but the young will be crippled ,shocking some of the stuff that's coming to light now. I didn't even know long covid affected children .

• Sad
Reactions: 6
Can I just point out I still don’t think “it’s only the elderly and compromised” that die is an excuse for anything! I’m not excusing that,

and anyone who feels that way needs a slap.

• Heart
Reactions: 19
Just had the home learning timetable for my kids should their bubble or the school close (reception and Year 2).
Not sure what planet the school is on, it's like some sort of A-Level schedule, 8.30-3.15 planned down to the very last minute and all watched over by an adult on microsoft teams 😬 Not sure they even cover this much in an extra productive school day!

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 12
Just had the home learning timetable for my kids should their bubble or the school close (reception and Year 2).
Not sure what planet the school is on, it's like some sort of A-Level schedule, 8.30-3.15 planned down to the very last minute and all watched over by an adult on microsoft teams 😬 Not sure they even cover this much in an extra productive school day!
We were supposed to do that today with my daughter as she's off isolating. Had my son at the hospital so that didn't happen. No way we can be that rigid at home.

Reactions: 3
We were supposed to do that today with my daughter as she's off isolating. Had my son at the hospital so that didn't happen. No way we can be that rigid at home.
I'm going to bring it up with the head tomorrow, it's ridiculous. We did 3-4 hours every morning during March-August (with the eldest) and he's gone back ahead of where he needs to be in every area.
I'm not sure how parents who work from home and/or have elderly relatives in the house they care for or young babies/toddlers will cope with it.

Reactions: 9
I’m pretty much Bristol (south glos) and been watching our cases on the up now since the unis have gone back. My kids primary hasn’t been effected Yet but just a matter of time I reckon.
I’m south glos too, no cases in my son’s primary yet but the local secondary school which is on our road has had 3 cases!

Reactions: 3
I'm going to bring it up with the head tomorrow, it's ridiculous. We did 3-4 hours every morning during March-August (with the eldest) and he's gone back ahead of where he needs to be in every area.
I'm not sure how parents who work from home and/or have elderly relatives in the house they care for or young babies/toddlers will cope with it.
Exactly the same here. We did a few hours each day and they've both just got excellent grades on their assessments. I'm having chemotherapy and go to the hospital 3 times a week so I just can't stick to that sort of a timetable

Reactions: 2
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.