Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #50

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I’m really confused do you now have to wear a mask in a restaurant/pub? Sky news says in indoor hospitality venues
[/QUOTE]

Yes. So when you go to a pub or restaurant, until your food and/or drink is at your table, you need to keep your mask on. If you go the toilet, you need to put your mask on.

You need to wear a mask in shops.

At the moment you don't need to wear one outside but I suspect that will be next as this is how they did it in Spain, started off in shops, then in pubs, then outside at all times.

Reactions: 1
Yes. So when you go to a pub or restaurant, until your food and/or drink is at your table, you need to keep your mask on. If you go the toilet, you need to put your mask on.

You need to wear a mask in shops.

At the moment you don't need to wear one outside but I suspect that will be next as this is how they did it in Spain, started off in shops, then in pubs, then outside at all times.
Actually it’s not until your food is at your table, it’s until you are seated. (All table service or takeaway only so unless you’re sat down, wear a mask basically). If you go to the bath room yes put it back on but you can sit and talk at the table before food arrives with it off.

Reactions: 2
Being in Italy recently and it appears after a little spike in late August it has then steadied off...there wasn't much difference there except masks were EVERYWHERE. Shop assistants, hospitality staff, everyone when on the street after 6pm had masks on. I got so used to wearing them I forgot I had them on. So maybe that is the difference as I saw bugger all distancing. Oh and I think they have a good testing system - yeh that'll do it.

Reactions: 4
There is a spa hotel open not far from me. We’d originally had it booked for our wedding night. They’ve posted this afternoon that masks are to be worn in reception, changing rooms and relaxation areas 😫 I can’t imagine how relaxing it’s going to be wearing a mask. They’re just following the rules, but it does seem odd.

• Sad
Reactions: 5
There is a spa hotel open not far from me. We’d originally had it booked for our wedding night. They’ve posted this afternoon that masks are to be worn in reception, changing rooms and relaxation areas 😫 I can’t imagine how relaxing it’s going to be wearing a mask. They’re just following the rules, but it does seem odd.
If it helps, I had a massage about 4 weeks ago and you had to wear a mask and temperature taken at the door but you could take the mask off to actually have the massage. She left the room to let me get dressed and drink my water and I just had to put the mask back on when I left the room. In all honesty it wasn’t as bad as I thought and I still really enjoyed myself

Reactions: 2
If it helps, I had a massage about 4 weeks ago and you had to wear a mask and temperature taken at the door but you could take the mask off to actually have the massage. She left the room to let me get dressed and drink my water and I just had to put the mask back on when I left the room. In all honesty it wasn’t as bad as I thought and I still really enjoyed myself
I’d be absolutely fine with that and that seems like a fair and safe way to do things.

This is after today’s announcements that they’ve brought this in. I was thinking about rearranging our cancelled booking for a new random day rather than waiting, as I thought it’d be something to look forward to, but I think I’ll wait and see what happens with the masks. I’m sure it’d be okay once you’re sitting if you’re not near others though 🤞🏻

Cases might be up but you know shits got real when we’ve almost milled through a thread a day 😐

the Covid 19 - a Mrs Hinch thread on acid 😏

• Haha
Reactions: 21
Actually it’s not until your food is at your table, it’s until you are seated. (All table service or takeaway only so unless you’re sat down, wear a mask basically). If you go to the bath room yes put it back on but you can sit and talk at the table before food arrives with it off.
Is that varying from pub to pub? Only Weatherspoons are asking for it to be kept on until drinks and food are at the table?

We'll not know if we're going to be locked down till later in the week rates are 80 per 100,000 here ,school kids driving the virus apparently and we're at 85% hospital occupancy😬

• Wow
Is that varying from pub to pub? Only Weatherspoons are asking for it to be kept on until drinks and food are at the table?
The actual government rules are when you are seated. If Wetherspoons are doing this they are going above and beyond which is unlike them 😂 where have they said this?

The actual government rules are when you are seated. If Wetherspoons are doing this they are going above and beyond which is unlike them 😂 where have they said this?
My friends duty Manager for our local one, she told me. They also want people to order from the app only, no app then order from the bar but no more than 5 at the bar at any one time. If you refuse to fill the track and trace form at the bar, them you are refused entry, no standing in the pub, you are shown to your table, no more than two households or 6 people at a table.

It's been quite strict there since they reopened to be fair and it works. They had some lads in there a few weeks back refusing to sit at their table and were standing and spreading out so they shut the whole pub for the rest of the night, other customers were fuming 😂

Reactions: 3
Hi! Long time lurker here and first time poster 👋
I am Italian, but I go to university in England. All my lectures have been moved online, so I'm staying in Italy (at least for semester one).
Anyways after this brief introduction ahah I wanted to say that it really breaks my heart to see how badly the situation is being handled in the UK.

In Italy things were tragic in March/April , we were having the worst covid numbers in Europe and now ironically we have really good ones
What helped us flattering the curve and recover from covid were definitely the strict measures they put us into.
You have no idea of how tough our lockdown has been. It started on the 9th of march (and I was still in England, I'm not going to tell you my whole story on how I managed to go back to Italy 😂) and it ended on the 18th of May!!
What we couldn't do:
-No household mixing, no bubbles or whatsoever. Even if someone was living alone, that person could not visit anyone else. My nan stayed home by herself on Easter Day for example
- We weren't even allowed to exercise outdoors. You could not leave the house except for food shopping and to go to the pharmacy. And well also key workers could
- Every time you left the house for those purposes you had to carry an auto-certification document where you have to declare who were you and where you were going and what was the purpose
-Masks were compulsory both outside and inside
-School / unis online
-And police stops were placed all over the cities. You literally have no idea of how much we were controlled and how many people got fined. The controlling system has been super effective. There were even helicopters flying to control the city from up above, I'm not kidding.
Not gonna lie, it was hard. It was the longest spring we've ever had but definitely it has helped us to get where we are now.
If you would like I can make a post on what the measures that we are following are now!

• Heart
Reactions: 22
My friends duty Manager for our local one, she told me. They also want people to order from the app only, no app then order from the bar but no more than 5 at the bar at any one time. If you refuse to fill the track and trace form at the bar, them you are refused entry, no standing in the pub, you are shown to your table, no more than two households or 6 people at a table.

It's been quite strict there since they reopened to be fair and it works. They had some lads in there a few weeks back refusing to sit at their table and were standing and spreading out so they shut the whole pub for the rest of the night, other customers were fuming 😂
I’m fairly certain now from Thursday no one can order from the bar, hence table service only.

I don’t often go in there but if they are the only place doing it until your food or drink arrives I can’t imagine their customers taking it that well especially given the types you get in there (the 10am pint guys). Sometimes you can be waiting ages for things to arrive. I just messaged a friend of my who is a GM at slug &lettuce and she said it’s once seated for sure (that’s also what media are saying).

I am Italian, but I go to university in England. All my lectures have been moved online, so I'm staying in Italy (at least for semester one).
Anyways after this brief introduction ahah I wanted to say that it really breaks my heart to see how badly the situation is being handled in the UK.

In Italy things were tragic in March/April , we were having the worst covid numbers in Europe and now ironically we have really good ones
What helped us flattering the curve and recover from covid were definitely the strict measures they put us into.
You have no idea of how tough our lockdown has been. It started on the 9th of march (and I was still in England, I'm not going to tell you my whole story on how I managed to go back to Italy 😂) and it ended on the 18th of May!!
What we couldn't do:
-No household mixing, no bubbles or whatsoever. Even if someone was living alone, that person could not visit anyone else. My nan stayed home by herself on Easter Day for example
- We weren't even allowed to exercise outdoors. You could not leave the house except for food shopping and to go to the pharmacy. And well also key workers could
- Every time you left the house for those purposes you had to carry an auto-certification document where you have to declare who were you and where you were going and what was the purpose
-School / unis online
-And police stops were placed all over the cities. You literally have no idea of how much we were controlled and how many people got fined. The controlling system has been super effective. There were even helicopters flying to control the city from up above, I'm not kidding.
Not gonna lie, it was hard. It was the longest spring we've ever had but definitely it has helped us to get where we are now.
If you would like I can make a post on what the measures that we are following are now!
Yes, what are the measures now??

Reactions: 6

What we couldn't do:
-School / unis online
Yes I'd be interested to know how it's being handled now ,my sons former teacher has moved to Italy (to teach)and used to post every few days on SM how things were going and about the restrictions ,,kinda like a blog ,but the measures were really extreme compared to the UK,she only left her apartment once a week for food ..

Reactions: 5
I am in a local lockdown area, will still look after my granddaughter once a week though. My mam is in a bubble with my sister as she is working flexibly around school hours, I work long hours so gives her more company but I will miss her. I have only been in 3 houses/gardens other than my own since March so am gutted to be told no mixing with anyone outside your household again

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.