Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #50

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I would love to see someone independent looking at the cases/deaths in Russia, because life has pretty much gone back to normal in most places.
Something like what ONS is doing here with testing random households, not done by the Russian government, but by WHO or someone like that. That would give us all an insight of what to expect if we all were to go back to normal. (Although wouldn’t really be helpful with vulnerable, aged population. People with cystic fibrosis live in Russia up to 25 years on average, whilst in the Uk is 36 years).

Reactions: 1
Yes, what are the measures now??
As someone has mentioned in the thread, at the beginning of August cases have slightly risen due to people going to clubs and mix and mingling basically.
So as early as mid August the government shut clubs again and imposed wearing masks outside from 6pm onwards (we are still following this rule now)
Other measures:
-Masks are compulsory everywhere indoors (restaurants, bars, food shops etc etc) and that applies both to clients and workers
-There hand sanitiser stands at the entrance of each shop, bar, restaurant. You have to sanitise your hands before you touch everything (there is security checking)
-Restaurant dont operate at full capacity and wherever is possible, they should have tables outside
-Schools re opened last week and we're having a sort of "blended learning" so online and physical attendance mixed. There are classes that go to school for 2 weeks and then they when they go online, other classes will you back to school and viceversa. Everyone has to wear masks, even kids except when they're in the classroom but still tables are 1m distanced. These rules apply to primary school, middle school and high school
-Universities. They're opening in October and it's again a mix between online and physical lectures. Masks are compulsory etc etc
-We don't have any restriction and never had since we re-opened after the 18th of May, about mixing household, gatherings etc. And to be fair it never has caused a problem
-Tests run smoothly, you can go to drive-ins for swab tests or your gp could prescribe you blood analysis.
- People go normally to work.
-Transport wise, you can't get on a bus, train or whatsoever if you don't wear a mask. In my city buses are not operating at full capacity, they've increased rides so that everyone could be included basically

Yes I'd be interested to know how it's being handled now ,my sons former teacher has moved to Italy (to teach)and used to post every few days on SM how things were going and about the restrictions ,,kinda like a blog ,but the measures were really extreme compared to the UK,she only left her apartment once a week for food ..
Oh yes! Back in spring we were allowed to go food shopping but we were advised to go only once a week in order to make sure that supermarkets could be as empty as possible

Also another difference is that here people have never stockpiled and when I still was in the UK when the pandemic began, I couldn't understand why everyone was panic buying 😂 my parents who were in Italy and therefore already on lockdown were telling me " It's a really weird behaviour, they have to understand that even tough you are confined home, supermarkets are still opened"😂

Last edited:
Reactions: 9
As someone has mentioned in the thread, at the beginning of August cases have slightly risen due to people going to clubs and mix and mingling basically.
So as early as mid August the government shut clubs again and imposed wearing masks outside from 6pm onwards (we are still following this rule now)
Other measures:
-Masks are compulsory everywhere indoors (restaurants, bars, food shops etc etc) and that applies both to clients and workers
-There hand sanitiser stands at the entrance of each shop, bar, restaurant. You have to sanitise your hands before you touch everything (there is security checking)
-Restaurant dont operate at full capacity and wherever is possible, they should have tables outside
-Schools re opened last week and we're having a sort of "blended learning" so online and physical attendance mixed. There are classes that go to school for 2 weeks and then they when they go online, other classes will you back to school and viceversa. Everyone has to wear masks, even kids except when they're in the classroom but still tables are 1m distanced. These rules apply to primary school, middle school and high school
-Universities. They're opening in October and it's again a mix between online and physical lectures. Masks are compulsory etc etc
-We don't have any restriction and never had since we re-opened after the 18th of May, about mixing household, gatherings etc. And to be fair it never has caused a problem
-Tests run smoothly, you can go to drive-ins for swab tests or your gp could prescribe you blood analysis.
- People go normally to work.
-Transport wise, you can't get on a bus, train or whatsoever if you don't wear a mask. In my city buses are not operating at full capacity, they've increased rides so that everyone could be included basically

Oh yes! Back in spring we were allowed to go food shopping but we were advised to go only once a week in order to make sure that supermarkets could be as empty as possible

Also another difference is that here people have never stockpiled and when I still was in the UK when the pandemic began, I couldn't understand why everyone was panic buying 😂 my parents who were in Italy and therefore already on lockdown were telling me " It's a really weird behaviour, they have to understand that even tough you are confined home, supermarkets are still opened"😂
This sounds like very much where I live.

Like you,
- Masks are compulsory in all indoor public areas and must be worn by staff and patrons. People are turned away for not wearing a mask. - We do not have outdoor mask requirements.
- You MUST sanitize your hands before entering any public area - retail, restaurant, doctors, dentist, supermarket...everything. There are both security and staff making sure it is done.
- For some things, we still queue to get in... supermarkets not so much unless they are very busy. But many retail stores you have to line-up distanced, outside.
- Restaurants and pubs are not at full capacity, 50% or less. Masks MUST be worn until food/drink is served, must be worn going to the bathroom, and must be worn upon entry and exit. Tables are social distanced.
- Schools are back but it is a mix of in-person and online at-home classes. Masks are required in schools.
- Universities are all at-home learning.
- No restrictions regarding mixing households - although we have a limit on indoor and outdoor gatherings... indoor, is 50 and outdoor is 100.
- Testing can be drive thru and some pharmacies are doing them.
- Transport, masks must be worn.
- Offices are reopening, including tower blocks. There are restrictions on how many people are allowed in an elevator and so far most people are only back 2 days a week, and it is staggered. Masks must be worn at all times and temperatures taken upon entry.

Reactions: 4
I'm glad that boris actually addressed those of us who are in the shielding category and I'm glad he's reiterated that flouting the rules affects others, not just yourself.

The other thing I took away from that was the tiny hands. And is he wearing shoulder pads? Where is his neck?

So many questions!
His hair is such an unusual shade of blonde . I was trying to think if I know anyone with hair that colour in real life. I don't think I do, I know more ginger people.

• Haha
Reactions: 5
Learned more with his speech in Parliament than I did this evening. Anticlimax.

They’re coming down harder with fines and even have army on standby. Same they weren’t around that castle when Cummings went to check his eyesight.

Reactions: 15
Learned more with his speech in Parliament than I did this evening. Anticlimax.

They’re coming down harder with fines and even have army on standby. Same they weren’t around that castle when Cummings went to check his eyesight.
So the army are on standby ? I put that up earlier ,saw it in the press and it was laughed at ...I don't get how people think the army are not deployed anywhere wheres there's a chance of civil unrest ...England have it too good 😂

Reactions: 3
I’m really confused do you now have to wear a mask in a restaurant/pub? Sky news says in indoor hospitality venues
when you are not sat at the table eating/drinking. I.e. when you go in and leave or get up to go to the loo

Reactions: 1
After what Boris did with Cummings and the socially distance being broke in parliament, are people going to follow the rules.

Reactions: 2
Regarding the fines... is anyone actually scared? You don’t pay the first one, nor the additional fees afterwards. Do they send it to the High Court? The Sheriffs from Can’t Pay we’ll Take it way appear at the front door? ‘Nah, don’t have the ££ mate. Car’s on finance, me nan bought the 50” and I stack shelves at night at Asda for £7.50. But it was a banging house party!!’

The majority of this thread will be following the rules and those who don’t will be undeterred by fines, regardless of the amount.

(This has made me wonder if those lovely (!!) blokes from Can’t Pay are currently working...? Anyone know? I expect Covid has made them even more unpopular).

• Haha
Reactions: 3
After what Boris did with Cummings and the socially distance being broke in parliament, are people going to follow the rules.

Maybe that's the Duggars 👫👭👬👬👬👭👭👫👭👭👭👬👭👫👫👫🤣

Regarding the fines... is anyone actually scared? You don’t pay the first one, nor the additional fees afterwards. Do they send it to the High Court? The Sheriffs from Can’t Pay we’ll Take it way appear at the front door? ‘Nah, don’t have the ££ mate. Car’s on finance, me nan bought the 50” and I stack shelves at night at Asda for £7.50. But it was a banging house party!!’

The majority of this thread will be following the rules and those who don’t will be undeterred by fines, regardless of the amount.

(This has made me wonder if those lovely (!!) blokes from Can’t Pay are currently working...? Anyone know? I expect Covid has made them even more unpopular).
We get a jail term here for outstanding fines ,if all other means fail..28 days plus..

Last edited:
Reactions: 2
Can someone tell me I’ve been right here. I’ve posted before my 18 year old has been very hostile the last 2 months. We were shielding so once out of that we took extra care, still let him meet his girlfriend, a driving lesson each week and see friends outdoors but he kept lashing out wanting more and more. Wanting to go in multiple households, friends cars etc

His girlfriend lives in Huyton, Liverpool and they’re in a lockdown.He told me that they were meeting on Friday in Chester. I did a little bit research first to make sure I was accurate before I brought up the conversation. I told him that I’d read that her area were in lockdown, that they should not be meeting anyone other than their own household and that includes outdoors. So I said you shouldn’t be meeting her because it actually says in the rules that if the county is in lockdown that they should not be meeting people indoors or outdoors to stop the spread.

I explained that her parents shouldn’t really be allowing her to come out of Liverpool to meet him anyway because that puts us at risk and other people. He of course got really aggressive in his tone. He started punching his desk and growling with anger. I had a panic attack. It’s been like this for two months we can’t approach anything with him. He’s always been a bit hot-headed but nothing like this. In lockdown he was absolutely fine but once shielding lifted here in Wales he just wanted life to go back to normal. Which we of course understand it’s difficult but our other two children aren’t behaving aggressively towards us, they have friends and want to live normally too but they understand that we’re in a pandemic and we have to just live carefully right now. So they meet their friends outdoors and avoid busy shops, cinemas etc.

Please can someone tell me that I was right that if they are in lockdown in her area then the rule is that they can’t meet other people. They just have to stay within their own household? He’s told her tonight what’s happened I’ve heard him on the phone to her and she said that I’m lying and that she can meet people and carry on as normal. What makes this worse is her mum is a nurse and she is allowing her daughter to go out meeting other people. Each to their own but if you’re in lockdown surely you should be sticking to the rules.

My friend was very upset about what happened to me tonight and he told me that lockdown is because the cases are extremely high in those areas and there is a £10,000 fine if anyone is caught mixing with other people. My sons girlfriend said that my friend was lying too and it’s made my son turn against me even more. I’m just trying to keep us safe and I’m sick of him being angry with me for that. He knew her area was in lockdown and wasn’t going to tell me 😟

Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: 11
Can someone tell me I’ve been right here. I’ve posted before my 18 year old has even getting very hostile the last 2 months. We were shielding so once out of that we took extra care, still let him meet his girlfriend, a driving lesson each week and see friends outdoors but he kept lashing out wanting more and more. Wanting to go in multiple households, friends cars etc

His girlfriend lives in Huyton, Liverpool and they’re in a lockdown.He told me that they were meeting on Friday in Chester. I did a little bit research first to make sure I was accurate before I brought up the conversation. I told him that I’d read that her area were in lockdown, that they should not be meeting anyone other than their own household and that includes outdoors. So I said you shouldn’t be meeting her because it actually says in the rules that if the county is in lockdown that they should not be meeting people indoors or outdoors to stop the spread.

I explained that her parents shouldn’t really be allowing her to come out of Liverpool to meet him anyway because that puts us at risk and other people. He of course got really aggressive in his tone. He started punching his desk and growling with anger. I had a panic attack. It’s been like this for two months we can’t approach anything with him. He’s always been a bit hot-headed but nothing like this. In lockdown he was absolutely fine but once shielding lifted here in Wales he just wanted to life to go back to normal. Which we of course understand it’s difficult but our other two children aren’t behaving aggressively towards us, they have friends and want to live normally too but they understand that we’re in a pandemic and we have to just live carefully right now. So they meet their friends outdoors and avoid busy shops, cinemas etc.

Please can someone tell me that I was right that if they are in lockdown in her area then the rule is that they can’t meet other people. They just have to stay within their own household? He’s told her tonight what’s happened I’ve heard him on the phone to her and she said that I’m lying and that she can meet people and carry on as normal. What makes this worse is her mum is a nurse and she is allowing her daughter to go out meeting other people. Each to their own but if you’re in lockdown surely you should be sticking to the rules.

My friend was very upset about what happened to me tonight and he told me that lockdown is because the cases are extremely high in those areas and there is a £10,000 fine if anyone is caught mixing with other people. My sons girlfriend said that my friend was lying too and it’s made my son turn against me even more.

We’ve been dealing with this for two months now, we let him meet his gf once week when they plan to and will drive him there. He just wants more and more. Even with the news tonight he still isn’t interested, won’t discuss it and wants to bury his head in the sand. We try to talk calm and kind to him but he just snaps and says he wants to live like normal, you cannot reason with him at all so when he blows up we walk away. We’ve given up trying to talk kind and calm. So now we just have our rules about not going into peoples houses and letting them see friends in a safe way. He’s told us point-blank he just wants to live normally even though his mum and dad are at higher risk. It’s made me extremely ill as I have chronic illness and my mental health has taken a huge nosedive the last two months. Which is devastating after working very hard on my physical health and my mental health the last couple of years, and getting to a better place. I just want my children to be safe and I’m trying to keep them all happy whilst dealing with my own chronic illnesses, it’s really difficult being a mum with ill health let alone being in a pandemic and having teenagers lol. I apologise this is so long.
He is 18, right? Well, seeing as he is not being nice to you, I wouldn’t be nice to him.
He is living under your roof and I presume doesn’t pay money towards food/utilities etc? Well, I would just say what my dad use to say. As long as you live under my roof and I pay, I am the boss. You want to go and meet your girlfriend - go, but if you do, then you are an adult now and you have to move out and pay for yourself. It did make me dislike my dad very much when he did this to me, but it meant that I listened. Not sure if it would count as abuse in the UK though?

Reactions: 15
He is 18, right? Well, seeing as he is not being nice to you, I wouldn’t be nice to him.
He is living under your roof and I presume doesn’t pay money towards food/utilities etc? Well, I would just say what my dad use to say. As long as you live under my roof and I pay, I am the boss. You want to go and meet your girlfriend - go, but if you do, then you are an adult now and you have to move out and pay for yourself. It did make me dislike my dad very much when he did this to me, but it meant that I listened. Not sure if it would count as abuse in the UK though?
Not where I live ,there has to be ground rules ..That's what we were always told ,my house ,my rules..

Bringing fines for those who don't wear masks - i hope that extends to the many people who wear masks but don't pull them up over their nose!! Because that's really not really wearing a mask!!

Reactions: 19
Can someone tell me I’ve been right here. I’ve posted before my 18 year old has been very hostile the last 2 months. We were shielding so once out of that we took extra care, still let him meet his girlfriend, a driving lesson each week and see friends outdoors but he kept lashing out wanting more and more. Wanting to go in multiple households, friends cars etc

I explained that her parents shouldn’t really be allowing her to come out of Liverpool to meet him anyway because that puts us at risk and other people. He of course got really aggressive in his tone. He started punching his desk and growling with anger. I had a panic attack. It’s been like this for two months we can’t approach anything with him. He’s always been a bit hot-headed but nothing like this. In lockdown he was absolutely fine but once shielding lifted here in Wales he just wanted to life to go back to normal. Which we of course understand it’s difficult but our other two children aren’t behaving aggressively towards us, they have friends and want to live normally too but they understand that we’re in a pandemic and we have to just live carefully right now. So they meet their friends outdoors and avoid busy shops, cinemas etc.

My friend was very upset about what happened to me tonight and he told me that lockdown is because the cases are extremely high in those areas and there is a £10,000 fine if anyone is caught mixing with other people. My sons girlfriend said that my friend was lying too and it’s made my son turn against me even more.

We’ve been dealing with this for two months now, we let him meet his gf once week when they plan to and will drive him there. He just wants more and more. Even with the news tonight he still isn’t interested, won’t discuss it and wants to bury his head in the sand. We try to talk calm and kind to him but he just snaps and says he wants to live like normal, you cannot reason with him at all so when he blows up we walk away. We’ve given up trying to talk kind and calm. So now we just have our rules about not going into peoples houses and letting them see friends in a safe way. He’s told us point-blank he just wants to live normally even though his mum and dad are at higher risk. It’s made me extremely ill as I have chronic illness and my mental health has taken a huge nosedive the last two months. Which is devastating after working very hard on my physical health and my mental health the last couple of years, and getting to a better place. I just want my children to be safe and I’m trying to keep them all happy whilst dealing with my own chronic illnesses, it’s really difficult being a mum with ill health let alone being in a pandemic and having teenagers lol. I apologise this is so long.
sorry you’re going through this! He’s an adult so should be a grown up and see that this situation is serious. I know he’s your son but he’s being a bit of a brat. You’re in the right. Everybodies lives have been shifted he’s not the only one and I think he needs a little reality check because he’s acting selfish. I think it’s either he moves out and takes responsibility for his actions outside of your home or he goes by your rules as it’s your house. Is it just the two of you in the house?

• Heart
Yet he’s 18. No he refuses to pay his way, he said I’m not paying to live here with these restrictions. He is furloughed currently. He’s acting like he’s 13. God it’s hard work. I’m exhausted with it, it’s flared up my chronic health issues and caused a huge relapse with my anxiety disorder. I have ptsd due to being assaulted by a male family member 8 years ago. I can’t deal with aggression from men. This has all caused so many problems and I just wish this year was over 😢

sorry you’re going through this! He’s an adult so should be a grown up and see that this situation is serious. I know he’s your son but he’s being a bit of a brat. You’re in the right. Everybodies lives have been shifted he’s not the only one and I think he needs a little reality check because he’s acting selfish. I think it’s either he moves out and takes responsibility for his actions outside of your home or he goes by your rules as it’s your house. Is it just the two of you in the house?
Thank you.

As a mum I’m terrified of him moving out. He’s threatened to go to my mum. I don’t speak to my mum. My brother assaulted me 8 years ago and my mother and sisters who are also very aggressive threw abuse at me for 2 years as police were involved in the assault. When I refused to forgive my brother my mum cut me out of the family.We don’t speak to my extended family as they’re extremely violent and damaging, my son lately has threatened to move in with my mum and my extended family knowing how much that would hurt me. I’ve moved on from it, I was diagnosed with ptsd abad anxiety after the assault and had therapy which worked wonders. I’ve my own lovely family but these last 2 months have been awful and triggered my anxiety all over again living with him being aggressive. My family are so loving and caring, we’ve stuck together through everything and now this has tore us apart. My other 2 children are so down loving with their brother like this.

I’m always so kind to him and try to get him to calmly understand but he’s not headed and lashes out. I can’t win. I let him go to driving lessons, meet his gf once a week, see friends outdoors for walks and football. It’s never enough and he refuses to listen to his bad Boris has said things are getting again.

Sorry this got so long. I’ve had such a hard night and I just wanted to make sure I was right that if his gf county is in lockdown she’s not allowed to be mixing with others as that’s what I read and my friend said it’s accurate but she and my son said I’m lying.

Last edited:
  • Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 14
I watched the Boris Johnson update at 8pm..what stuck out for me is.....

..a stitch in time saves nine 😄

Lol 😄

Resizer_16008137062770.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Yet he’s 18. No he refuses to pay his way, he said I’m not paying to live here with these restrictions. He is furloughed currently. He’s acting like he’s 13. God it’s hard work. I’m exhausted with it, it’s flared up my chronic health issues and caused a huge relapse with my anxiety disorder. I have ptsd due to being assaulted by a male family member 8 years ago. I can’t deal with aggression from men. This has all caused so many problems and I just wish this year was over 😢

Thank you.

As a mum I’m terrified of him moving out. He’s threatened to go to my mum. I don’t speak to my mum. My brother assaulted me 8 years ago and my mother and sisters who are also very aggressive threw abuse at me for 2 years as police were involved in the assault. When I refused to forgive my brother my mum cut me out of the family.We don’t speak to my extended family as they’re extremely violent and damaging, my son lately has threatened to move in with my mum and my extended family knowing how much that would hurt me. I’ve moved on from it, I was diagnosed with ptsd abad anxiety after the assault and had therapy which worked wonders. I’ve my own lovely family but these last 2 months have been awful and triggered my anxiety all over again living with him being aggressive. My family are so loving and caring, we’ve stuck together through everything and now this has tore us apart. My other 2 children are so down loving with their brother like this.

I’m always so kind to him and try to get him to calmly understand but he’s not headed and lashes out. I can’t win. I let him go to driving lessons, meet his gf once a week, see friends outdoors for walks and football. It’s never enough and he refuses to listen to his bad Boris has said things are getting again.

Sorry this got so long. I’ve had such a hard night and I just wanted to make sure I was right that if his gf county is in lockdown she’s not allowed to be mixing with others as that’s what I read and my friend said it’s accurate but she and my son said inwanskuing
I’ll be honest I don’t know the full rules of area specific lockdowns but either way it’s a case of even if it were “allowed” it’s not sensible. I think a lot of young people (not all) think this doesn’t matter and doesn’t affect them. They just want their fun lifestyle like it was before. The fact is the longer people ignore these guidelines the longer they will go on. Would he rather a few more months or this or have it extend to 6 months and beyond??? It must be very hard for you trying to get through to him. I’m so sorry to read what you have been through and how he knows going to your mum will hurt you. He’s emotionally blackmailing you which is horrible and selfish 😢

Is there any way you can speak calmly to his girlfriends mum? She may be thinking similar but doesn’t know how to approach it either? Just a thought maybe you could discuss it together.
It’s such a tough situation especially as you have two other children too. He should be doing what you ask and respecting his mother but it seems like at the moment he cannot see the impact of his actions

Reactions: 10

Thank you.

Sorry this got so long. I’ve had such a hard night and I just wanted to make sure I was right that if his gf county is in lockdown she’s not allowed to be mixing with others as that’s what I read and my friend said it’s accurate but she and my son said I’m lying.
Are there no travel restrictions in Wales ? maybe if he did move in with your mum it might open his eyes as to how good his life is at home ,the grass isn't always greener (and all that) maybe he'd be back with his tail between his legs and show you a bit more appreciation ..

Reactions: 8
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.