Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #50

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Im officially one of those people who know someone with Covid.
My nephew (14) got his test results on Friday, positive. He’s on day 7 of symptoms now and is feeling pretty breathless, he can’t sleep as his body keeps abruptly awakening him probably because of his breathing. Feeling angry tbh we are all told kids will be fine and I’m sure he will be but it’s still not bloody pleasant at all when breathing is a struggle. Zero distancing in his school.
Wishing him a speedy recovery. Sending virtual hugs, I know four people who had covid so can relate, sending positive thoughts xx

Reactions: 1
I just can’t get my head around how you can’t use parents for childcare if you’re in a local lockdown.

Reactions: 10
Didn’t know how to respond to the poll. This thread really helped me in the early days, actually up until recently, but it feels divisive and stresses me out. I don’t feel I can share as much, but that’s ok, I will keep reading for now because it is still some help.
Me too. I found the early pages of this thread a huge support when my dad was in ICU, now he’s died it’s a totally different response. It’s definitely not always a positive place to be, and people could be kinder sometimes. I’ve muted the few who I’ve seen to be outright bullies.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 16
I really hope they don’t ban mixing households, Ive been so much happier the last few months and I’m sure many more people would agree, and it’s a horrible thought that so many peoples mental health will suffer again ☹

• Sad
Reactions: 13
Hancock’s on This Morning and has just said “I’m sleeping okay” after being asked how he’s recovered after having it. You just know that’s gonna be a headline. Plenty of people won’t be sleeping okay at the moment!

Reactions: 12
I really hope they don’t ban mixing households, Ive been so much happier the last few months and I’m sure many more people would agree, and it’s a horrible thought that so many peoples mental health will suffer again ☹
I think it would make sense for them to say “pick one other family and that is your bubble”. So similar to the single person bubble, but two households together. Once you’ve picked, you can’t go back and mix. It will cause upset and division, but at least people can still have social interaction, provide care, company, childcare. It isn’t forever and people then won’t be as inclined to break rules.

Reactions: 9
I just can’t get my head around how you can’t use parents for childcare if you’re in a local lockdown.
This is the part that's going to effect us,, means my husband will have to go back to leaving work early or work from home. We have just got our family childcare back to normal-ish

I think it would make sense for them to say “pick one other family and that is your bubble”. So similar to the single person bubble, but two households together. Once you’ve picked, you can’t go back and mix. It will cause upset and division, but at least people can still have social interaction, provide care, company, childcare. It isn’t forever and people then won’t be as inclined to break rules.
I’m absolutely dreading this being the case. I’d rather not choose and see no one than deal with the fall out 😬

• Haha
Reactions: 7
This is the part that's going to effect us,, means my husband will have to go back to leaving work early or work from home. We have just got our family childcare back to normal-ish
I wouldn’t worry everyone is ignoring it in the North East 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 8
I just wish they'd tell us what's going on instead of all this speculation. It's driving me mad

Does anyone do the yougov surveys? I think I've mentioned before about them. But a few weeks ago I had a survey on what my opinions were on all the 'main players'. Boris, Rishi, Matt, Cummings, Whitty, Valance etc. I had to rate them on a scale, based on different feelings.
It didn't state who the survey was for but now I'm wondering if the government were behind this one and have discovered people have more trust in Whitty and Valance, hence them being 'first up' today?

Reactions: 10
I just wish they'd tell us what's going on instead of all this speculation. It's driving me mad
Me too. I’m like a ball of nervous energy this morning.

This has been a period in my life where I wish I hadn’t quit smoking as it used to settle my nerves so much.

• Sad
Reactions: 5
Me too. I’m like a ball of nervous energy this morning.

This has been a period in my life where I wish I hadn’t quit smoking as it used to settle my nerves so much.
I feel like I'm on the edge. Husband just keeps saying that it'll be what it'll be and no point worrying. This is the bloke that came home from work with toilet roll and pasta and told me not to use it until he says 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Does anyone do the yougov surveys? I think I've mentioned before about them. But a few weeks ago I had a survey on what my opinions were on all the 'main players'. Boris, Rishi, Matt, Cummings, Whitty, Valance etc. I had to rate them on a scale, based on different feelings.
It didn't state who the survey was for but now I'm wondering if the government were behind this one and have discovered people have more trust in Whitty and Valance, hence them being 'first up' today?
Yes I had that one too. I think the Government are behind a lot of the questions, but sometimes you get one that is just so random and I think 'who the hell has commissioned this one?!'

• Haha
Slightly off topic, but had anyone seen/heard reports that Johnson and Simmons were in Italy on 11 September? BBC News questioned Schapps about it this morning.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.