Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #50

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
My anxiety is getting bad again with all the recent speculation.
I asked my GP for help as it's getting to the point it's causing me physical pain, but instead I was belittled and patronised.

My old neighbour (I've moved recently) who had his lung cancer treatment paused due to lockdown, he died yesterday as his cancer spread like wildfire šŸ˜ž
Thatā€™s terrible that your GP treated you like that, are you able to see/speak to someone else at your surgery?

Following on from my previous post, Iā€™ve been thinking about it and another thing that puts me on edge aswell as the lack of transparency is that I like facts and knowing what Iā€™m dealing with. So yes itā€™s good to know how many people have been infected and how many deaths, but what percentage of tests were positive compared to negative? How many people are in hospital compared to those with mild symptoms? The media feed off the negative but then theyā€™ve always been like that and always will be. Itā€™s why I try and steer clear of the news on tv and online as much as I can as I just come away feeling worried. This was particularly true in March/April when Iā€™d religiously check news articles online in the middle of night whilst feeding my baby and Id then not be able to sleep the rest of the night. Luckily I pulled myself out of that.

Iā€™d like a clear and concise report every day thatā€™s easy to understand and interpret just so I know where we stand. Itā€™s the not knowing and having to read only half the facts that gets me.

Reactions: 7
Iā€™m an optimist in every sense and I truly believe this too shall pass, so I think I find it hard to read people speculating this could be our lives from now on, or we will be in another lockdown for months. I just donā€™t want to entertain those thoughts.

I am absolutely not an optimist but Iā€™m trying very hard to be in this situation because I do not want to believe this will be our lives forever. I keep saying ā€˜pandemics endā€™

I do have moments of doubt and worry that this is it now and normal is gone. I am terrified that when I have my next baby no one will be allowed to visit or that Iā€™ll have to have minimal numbers at my wedding (which is not far off 3 years away), mask wearing forever etc etc but I try veryhard To tell myself Iā€™m being stupid. Not easy to come on this thread and see lots of people convinced itā€™s definitely life now when I try to convince myself the opposite

• Heart
Reactions: 6
I am absolutely not an optimist but Iā€™m trying very hard to be in this situation because I do not want to believe this will be our lives forever. I keep saying ā€˜pandemics endā€™

I do have moments of doubt and worry that this is it now and normal is gone. I am terrified that when I have my next baby no one will be allowed to visit or that Iā€™ll have to have minimal numbers at my wedding (which is not far off 3 years away), mask wearing forever etc etc but I try veryhard To tell myself Iā€™m being stupid. Not easy to come on this thread and see lots of people convinced itā€™s definitely life now when I try to convince myself the opposite
Iā€™m also normally very far away from being an optimist but I have to be in respect of this pandemic as if I chose to believe that this was it forever, Iā€™d honestly not want to live.

Reactions: 8
View attachment 248761
This is so sad šŸ˜ž Scary how this could happen to anyone, I beg everyone to keep safe.
I am not 100% this is true.
From looking at the thread he says ā€œit is not my daughter. It is everyoneā€™s daughterā€. A lot of people querying it and saying itā€™s political.

aside from that, on first sight itā€™s terrifying, fear inducing and anxiety provoking for every single parent whoā€™s child goes to school. We must delve a bit deeper.

he followed it up with this, it wasnā€™t about his daughter, it was a turn of phrase done poorly:

View attachment 248771
Just said the same thing.x

Reactions: 12
I am just worried sick because for us itā€™s not just our livelihoods and our home if my husband loses his job. I will be kicked out of the UK back to Russia. We would have to wait till he gets a new job, wait for him to work there for 6 months and only then we can apply for a new visa for me to come back to UK and be reunited with him. And they have been raising prices for applying from outside the UK, and made it more strict.
I used to not worry so much, but I am dreading it more and more.

• Sad
Reactions: 14
@JLXRD just want to say too that youā€™re one of my favourite posters in this thread. What you say is always really balanced, rational and factual. You donā€™t get caught up in the hysteria and youā€™re like a voice of reason among a lot of chaos!!

• Heart
Reactions: 15
he followed it up with this, it wasnā€™t about his daughter, it was a turn of phrase done poorly basically saying we are killing kids by sending them back to schoolšŸ™„

View attachment 248771
Oh right, Still though 3,500+ children infected this week šŸ™ I donā€™t want this fake tweet to become someones reality...

I am just worried sick because for us itā€™s not just our livelihoods and our home if my husband loses his job. I will be kicked out of the UK back to Russia. We would have to wait till he gets a new job, wait for him to work there for 6 months and only then we can apply for a new visa for me to come back to UK and be reunited with him. And they have been raising prices for applying from outside the UK, and made it more strict.
its terrible what this is doing to people, im sorry for you, lets hope it doesnt come to that x

What a ridiculous thing to tweet. He knew the exact reaction he would get tweeting that.
that was just downright scaremongering for all the poor parents, the person who tweeted i mean, not the poster on here. That was a bad move, parents are worried enough

Reactions: 10
Oh right, Still though 3,500+ children infected this week šŸ™ I donā€™t want this fake tweet to become someones reality...
Has any child fallen seriously ill since schools went back in Scotland a month ago? Iā€™m sure if there had been it would have been all over the news.

Im more concerned about my children missing out on their education.

Reactions: 16
Why do you keep trying to antagonise people on this thread? Hardly anyone is taking the bait so just grow the duck up. If you still feel the need to keep posting stuff in here, at least fact check it.

• Heart
Reactions: 21
Has any child fallen seriously ill since schools went back in Scotland a month ago? Iā€™m sure if there had been it would have been all over the news.

Im more concerned about my children missing out on their education.
Exactly this. The press would be all over it, without a shadow of a doubt.
This is the only info I can find. Still relatively low considering. Per 100k too.
9CC6E44D-BF95-4E64-9171-8B6DB819C57C.png

• Heart
Reactions: 7
he followed it up with this, it wasnā€™t about his daughter, it was a turn of phrase done poorly basically saying we are killing kids by sending them back to schoolšŸ™„

View attachment 248771
this has made me beyond angry and Iā€™m not really one to get wound up. Some people have no choice but to send their kids to school. People have jobs and houses and bills. To scare people by saying something like this is disgusting and irresponsible. I hope twitter take action!!

• Heart
Reactions: 20
@JLXRD just want to say too that youā€™re one of my favourite posters in this thread. What you say is always really balanced, rational and factual. You donā€™t get caught up in the hysteria and youā€™re like a voice of reason among a lot of chaos!!
Thank you pixi, means a lot and hope you are feeling more positive at the min too šŸ˜Š

I donā€™t know how many kids have been infected at the min, but luckily for the most part they donā€™t seem to suffer too many adverse effects.

Itā€™s a very irresponsible thing for him to tweet though, Iā€™ve reported it because I feel like it counts as covid misinformation.

Reactions: 9
I havenā€™t posted in a long time but things look like they are getting out of hand again and I cannot do another lockdown šŸ˜° Iā€™ve only just started counselling and CBT for how badly my mental health was affected last time. I had a major breakdown and I cannot stand the thought of not being able to see my best friend or parents again. I feel like my heart is breaking. I hate this šŸ˜­

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 18
This is already such a stressful time, I'm sorry that you are also having to deal with this. I really hope it doesn't come to this xx

Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.