Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #50

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I can’t answer the poll and I love a poll.
I’ve said before, I am a compliant pleb, so will lock down if told to do so, but not sure I fancy it, or think it’ll work. If schools remain open and they only close hospitality businesses, it won’t feel much different to me as I don’t eat out, nor do I do much socially indoors at hospitality places.

I feel ok physically and mentally. Odd spikes of anxiety, which is perfectly normal given we are in the middle of a pandemic. I worry for my health and the health of my family, young and old, but again, I try not to get too wrapped up in something that hasn’t happened yet.

This thread has been a help to me. I like the mix of opinions and experiences, although sometimes can be anxiety provoking. I can see why it can be quite anxiety provoking if someone’s mental health is fragile.

I try to remain hopeful that one day this will be a distant memory. I’m keeping my head down and ploughing through this and hoping to god it gets better soon. As I said in thread 49, I believe the govt need to be more transparent. They do not have a magic wand, no. They cannot make this virus disappear, but I think the should be clearer with advice/guidance and definitely get the tests and labs up and running.

• Heart
Reactions: 20
[QUOTE="JLXRD, post: 2421218, member: 6986]
Agree, It’s a lot more scaremongers and not as supportive, still post but feel like I’m against the tide these days trying to feel positive and actually think reading might be doing me more harm than good at the min x
[/QUOTE]
im sorry you are sad today, i still believe the media doesnt help, maybe take a break from it all, do something else, read a nice book or have a bath or something? I really dont like it that people are so scared, its very understandable, try and stay positive, maybe you just having a down day , we all have them virus or not x

Reactions: 8
I’ve said before, I am a compliant pleb, so will lock down if told to do so, but not sure I fancy it, or think it’ll work. If schools remain open and they only close hospitality businesses, it won’t feel much different to me as I don’t eat out, nor do I do much socially indoors at hospitality places.

I feel ok physically and mentally. Odd spikes of anxiety, which is perfectly normal given we are in the middle of a pandemic. I worry for my health and the health of my family, young and old, but again, I try not to get too wrapped up in something that hasn’t happened yet.

This thread has been a help to me. I like the mix of opinions and experiences, although sometimes can be anxiety provoking. I can see why it can be quite anxiety provoking if someone’s mental health is fragile.

I try to remain hopeful that one day this will be a distant memory. I’m keeping my head down and ploughing through this and hoping to god it gets better soon. As I said in thread 49, I believe the govt need to be more transparent. They do not have a magic wand, no. They cannot make this virus disappear, but I think the should be clearer with advice/guidance and definitely get the tests and labs up and running.
You’ve summed up how I’m feeling really.

I’m avoiding the news more though now as it didn’t do my mental health any good last time around.

Crazy to think back to the early threads, can’t believe we are on thread 50. I was mocked in my office for being anxious about the virus back around the thread 1 days.....who’s laughing now (nobody!).

Reactions: 15
im sorry you are sad today, i still believe the media doesnt help, maybe take a break from it all, do something else, read a nice book or have a bath or something? I really dont like it that people are so scared, its very understandable, try and stay positive, maybe you just having a down day , we all have them virus or not x
Thank you...I’m trying to think positive. I have actually just got out the bath and am about to start my new book.. do you have cameras in my house? 😂

but no in all seriousness, sometimes this thread is great to discuss things and means I don’t bombard my husband with my internal coronavirus commentary but I think it gets tough when we get to a point where there’s a lot of speculation.

I’m an optimist in every sense and I truly believe this too shall pass, so I think I find it hard to read people speculating this could be our lives from now on, or we will be in another lockdown for months. I just don’t want to entertain those thoughts.

I know it’s different strokes for different folks and that expecting the worst is other people’s coping mechanism though, so I get it. Lately it seems like there are more people who are pessimistic here than optimistic though, so it means I struggle a bit more to stay balanced. Just have to keep pushing on.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 21
I’ve not been posting on these threads for very many of them but even in that time I’ve noticed a shift and that people are getting very confrontational when someone doesn’t agree with them. The thing with a pandemic like this is that everyone’s circumstances are going to be different and therefore it’s always going to be that people are worrying about different things. That doesn’t make someone else’s opinion invalid.

I also agree with other posters that I really wish the government would be more transparent. It’s all the drip feeding information and waiting days/weeks to confirm anything that makes people worry and then start back on panic buying etc. It was far better when they were giving the daily briefing. Even a weekly briefing would be better than what we are getting now at this point.

Reactions: 24
Thank you...I’m trying to think positive. I have actually just got out the bath and am about to start my new book.. do you have cameras in my house? 😂

but no in all seriousness, sometimes this thread is great to discuss things and means I don’t bombard my husband with my internal coronavirus commentary but I think it gets tough when we get to a point where there’s a lot of speculation.

I’m an optimist in every sense and I truly believe this too shall pass, so I think I find it hard to read people speculating this could be our lives from now on, or we will be in another lockdown for months. I just don’t want to entertain those thoughts.

I know it’s different strokes for different folks and that expecting the worst is other people’s coping mechanism though, so I get it. Lately it seems like there are more people who are pessimistic here than optimistic though, so it means I struggle a bit more to stay balanced. Just have to keep pushing on.
I’ve got to say, a lot of your posts in previous threads helped me in times of high anxiety.

Hope you feel better soon ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 12

I know it’s different strokes for different folks and that expecting the worst is other people’s coping mechanism though, so I get it. Just have to keep pushing on.
[/QUOTE my husband finds it easy to switch off , yes i get it about the endless speculation, to be honest whatever happens will happen , no matter how much people talk about it, and i dont mean that horribly to anybody. i suggested a bath and a book because thats what i am doing! great minds think alike x im ignoring husband to be honest , hes watching bloody darts ! hope you can have a nice relax and enjoy your book x

• Heart
Reactions: 1
Agree, I still post but feel like I’m against the tide these days trying to be positive and actually think reading might be doing me more harm than good at the min x
I much prefer Twitter for covid based stuff at the moment, which is something I never thought I’d be able to say. I follow a good few accounts who have a nice balance of take this seriously but also presenting facts based upon the info that is released to us each day.

I’m always happy to listen and hear out what others think, feel, even if to me it seems a little bit crazy. I might not agree with what they say or what they think, but at the end of the day, none of us know what will actually happen or how this will all play out. It might be interesting to read back on some of what gets said in the future. But I keep bobbing along in my little bubble, trying to find something good in all of this tit. I think I’d drive myself crazy otherwise 😳😂

Hope you’re feeling better soon x

Reactions: 9

Just gotta say, your posts have been so positive, yet balanced and sensible at the same time and you’ve posted some data/graphs on previous threads which reassured me that things aren’t as bad as they were made out to be .
I hope you start to feel better soon x

• Heart
Reactions: 13
I’ve got to say, a lot of your posts in previous threads helped me in times of high anxiety.

Hope you feel better soon ❤
That does already make me feel a bit better to hear so thank you 😊

normally it’s a good discussion, I’m probably just taking out my frustrations with the media and the unknown on this thread!

• Heart
I agree with you. I used to come here to get reassured but the scaremongering from a few is putting me off at the moment. Hope you're ok x
I am. I have ok days and not so ok moments. I imagine like many of us. Thank you 💕

I feel the same. I’ve not voted because it used to feel supportive, now it’s almost ‘cliquey.’ I still keep up to date but don’t find myself bothering to share stuff I’ve found/what I think as much X
I understand that sentiment completely. I want to share feelings but really sometimes don’t want to have to quote or be directed to sources and studies (which are often conflicting)to justify why I feel this way or be told why I shouldn’t feel this way 😂

We are all super “so sick of it all” ...but that doesn’t make it go away. How are we going to handle what the next day/month/year will bring? One day at a time I guess. I’m thankful for the distractions, support and laughs when I find them here though. ❤

Last edited:
  • Heart
@JLXRD please don’t stop posting I find your posts really helpful, and I think you have a very similar attitude to me!

• Heart
Reactions: 12
My anxiety is getting bad again with all the recent speculation.
I asked my GP for help as it's getting to the point it's causing me physical pain, but instead I was belittled and patronised.

My old neighbour (I've moved recently) who had his lung cancer treatment paused due to lockdown, he died yesterday as his cancer spread like wildfire 😞

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 30
Alot of workplaces are not adhering to track and trace. When were they diagnosed and the company informed? I would give the company 24 hours to inform Track/Trace for them to contact your husband which they should as he was within 2m of them. If not, I would confront a manager and ask straight up. Dont need to mention any names but merely ask if this is true and what needs to be done next. Health is not something we should dither with and if the company does not inform him, they're completely in the wrong.
Thanks for the replies. Will see if he is contacted... He said his workplace already told them last week that they cannot decide to isolate the selves if they find out they've been in contact with somebody who is positive. They have to wait for T&T to call them... So I just hope that the positive colleagues remember they were near him. Gosh WHAT mess!

I've had cold symptoms for about 6 days. Worse today. Main symptom is thick head, runny nose & sneezing so Def more cold symptoms that Covid. No temp. Won't be ideal if I get covid now though with a cold and an already weaker immune system 😳 X

Reactions: 2

You’ve summed up how I feel perfectly too. It’s interesting to hear that people have been put off commenting on here because of negativity and fighting against it.

I will try my hardest now to be positive and will share any nice and positive stories I hear. We certainly need it! 🥰

• Heart
Reactions: 10
@JLXRD please don’t stop posting I find your posts really helpful, and I think you have a very similar attitude to me!
Glad you find them helpful. I’m not going anywhere (I think I’m a bit addicted to reading here anyway 😬😂), and there are a few of us I think who are like minded so that is nice to see we are not alone!

Your guys posts have definitely helped me too 😊

Thanks for all the nice responses guys, sorry if I seem like I’m being a big emotional drama queen this eve 👸🏼

• Heart
Reactions: 11
My anxiety is getting bad again with all the recent speculation.
I asked my GP for help as it's getting to the point it's causing me physical pain, but instead I was belittled and patronised.

My old neighbour (I've moved recently) who had his lung cancer treatment paused due to lockdown, he died yesterday as his cancer spread like wildfire 😞
So so sorry to read this xx

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Thanks for all the nice responses guys, sorry if I seem like I’m being a big emotional drama queen this eve 👸🏼
we will let you off 🤣 we all have them.

I hope Boris is having some right now as he sorts this tit storm out 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 2
we will let you off 🤣 we all have them.

I hope Boris is having some right now as he sorts this tit storm out 😂
Boris is also in the bath with his book, cucumber slice on each eye and a glass of wine 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 11
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.