Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #48

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The problem is, if you've been exposed to someone with corona virus but don't have symptoms yourself realistically you need to have a test to make sure you're not infecting people and can continue working. Unfortunately, majority can't afford time off willy nilly but also don't want to risk spreading it to others. Especially if they work a job that is with the general public.
I was meaning people who have a sniffle or cough once and rush to get a test.

Reactions: 4
That will be at my local secondary school unless there has been more than one whole year closure today. The academy trust the school belongs to has bubbled year groups to allow for gcse option classes to take place where classes will be made up of pupils from many different form groups.
Theoretically secondary school kids are old enough to be at home without parents during the school day but the biggest employer in our town is the hospital so if any of the kids show symptoms it could cause staff shortages on the ward until tests are done.
Maybe it is ,I just caught it on the radio ..

Reactions: 1
Just read the local news for the city that my daughter is moving to and there has been a whole school year isolation in that area too today, so that's one in Staffordshire and one in Warwickshire in the same day ☹

• Sad
Part of the problem with kids is the cough part is so vague. Consistent/persistent yep got that no worries. But what the duck is a coughing episode? Having called 111 five times trying to clarify I’m still no clearer. I kept my son off and got him tested so my conscience is clear. But there are kids in school that I’m sure only have a standard sniffle/cough but is it an episode of coughing, who the duck knows?

Reactions: 3
27 deaths and a rise in hospital cases over 100 on ventilation
Yeah I‘ve noticed that too, yesterday 884 in hospital and 79 on ventilation, today it’s 972 in hospital and 106 on ventilation. I care for my dad who’s 76 and has dementia so that’s why I’ve been keeping an eye on those figures, I think I’ve made the right decision about going for redundancy at work, I can’t cope with the pressure/anxiety of potentially taking it home (I work in retail). On a plus I think I’ve found a home study diploma course I want to do :)

Reactions: 11
This is what my school have advised in terms of coughing; A new continuous cough – this means coughing a lot for more than an hour or 3 or more coughing episodes in 24 hours (if you usually have a cough it may be worse than usual).

So the suspected case is in my daughters class. Kid got sent home coughing. I am freaking out as my daughter sits next to said child in a few subjects. Is this our life now? Panicking because someone coughed near my child!

• Sad
Reactions: 8
Yeah I‘ve noticed that too, yesterday 884 in hospital and 79 on ventilation, today it’s 972 in hospital and 106 on ventilation. I care for my dad who’s 76 and has dementia so that’s why I’ve been keeping an eye on those figures, I think I’ve made the right decision about going for redundancy at work, I can’t cope with the pressure/anxiety of potentially taking it home (I work in retail). On a plus I think I’ve found a home study diploma course I want to do :)
Yes Deffs a rise ..that's great you've found something to keep you focused it can be lonely caring for someone x

Can’t believe the government are encouraging us to dob in our neighbours if they break these new rules. I think I’ll carry on minding my own business thanks...
Wait till they through in the cash incentives :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:
Theres a secondary school royal wooten basset where whole year group sent home.
Also whole of year 9 in bristol senior school last week 1 postive and before that senior school trowbridge Wiltshire.

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-wiltshire-54062858 4 staff and 1 pupil

Thats just a few counties in South west dread to think how many kids are home isolating whilst government saying schools are open.

There be whole year groups and individual kids.
I hear locally some schools any child with a cough sent home and asked to test.
Might be less school outbreak news this week as hardly anyone can test.

Im concerned about rationing of tests what matt the wanker called prioritization.
Will it return to just keyworkers abd carehomes and restrict community testing.
The problem with chasing spikes and deploying tests to other areas is the areas they abandoned then spike and they have no idea.
Apart from devon most areas south west been unable to test or expected travel to Wales.

Those numbers sound horrific and I really do hope they don’t keep increasing.
But just to put those numbers into perspective, there’s 141,000 beds in the NHS and 900 as a percentage is 0.63%.
It sounds high but it’s manageable.

Reactions: 10
But just to put those numbers into perspective, there’s 141,000 beds in the NHS and 900 as a percentage is 0.63%.
Also at the peak there were over 17000 in hospital. Whilst the numbers are growing we are not anywhere near where we were in March/April.

Reactions: 7
The whole of year 7 at a school in west kent have also been sent home and several children at my daughters school sent for testing as they all travel on the same bus 😥

• Sad
Like someone said earlier ,if they’ve got the staff to manage them ,the longer the mess with the testing continues the less likely that’s going to be,cases will increase staff will be isolating...the 💩 will hit the fan

@Oohthedrama the whole Irish cabinet is isolating Stephen has fallen ill. you couldn’t write it 🙃

Last edited:
Like someone said earlier ,if they’ve got the staff to manage them ,the longer the mess with the testing continues the less likely that’s going to be,cases will increase staff will be isolating...the 💩 will hit the fan

@Oohthedrama the whole Irish cabinet is isolating Stephen has fallen ill. you couldn’t write it 🙃
This is what is pissing me off. Because of all the incompetency around the testing there will potentially be a big drop in staffing levels within the NHS - people are still having babies, cancer treatment, cardiology etc. We need sufficient staffing levels within ALL elements of the health service or yet more people will needlessly die.
There will end up with people taking to the streets to protest about the utter shambles of the testing.

Reactions: 4
This is what is pissing me off. Because of all the incompetency around the testing there will potentially be a big drop in staffing levels within the NHS - people are still having babies, cancer treatment, cardiology etc. We need sufficient staffing levels within ALL elements of the health service or yet more people will needlessly die.
There will end up with people taking to the streets to protest about the utter shambles of the testing.
Probably the biggest fck up of the whole pandemic and the most costly..I can’t believe his attitude today, you’d have thought he was ordering a coffee

Reactions: 2
The people running this country are clowns!
Ive always had so much faith in then and been proud to live in the UK but Jesus wept!! This tit show has taught me better!
It was pretty obvious to the average joe that schools etc returning would mean an increase in infection and higher demand for tests!!!!!
why did they not see this?!

Reactions: 2
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.