Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #48

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Honestly after all this the government has shown they don’t care about safety of the people they’re supposed to look after and only care about profits. (not that I thought they did anyway!)

Reactions: 1
The entire Cabinet is self-isolating and the Dáil has been adjourned for the week

It comes after Health Minister Stephen Donnelly confirmed he's seeking a COVID-19 test after feeling unwell

When you duck up so much on a drunken night out that you don’t want to face the embarrassment of having to explain yourself the next morning.....

the whole Irish cabinet is isolating Stephen has fallen ill. you couldn’t write it 🙃
I wonder if the drew straws to decide who had the covid symptoms 😐 and to think he spent yesterday on a trampoline and he was fine!!!
a trampoline is far more dangerous, I’m shocked to the core 😐

• Haha
My kids school have said that under no circumstances are we to send our children in if they have a cough. It's ridiculous especially coming in to cold season. Are we just suppose to keep them home each time they develop a cough? Tests are hard to come by as it is!
Better to be safe than sorry in my opinion. As hard and disruptive as that is.

Has anyone heard the rumours of schools closing, starting again? In my most of our classes there's 2-3 positive or isolating....

The R is above 2. There's no decent track & trace and there's not enough tests..... They are 3 of the 5 criteria the govt set out that we had to hit to re-open schools and pubs.....

Last edited:
Reactions: 4
I agree. It was always going to be the case that school was going to be a hotbed of coughs and fevers, they should have sorted this out in regards to getting tests available. But just putting kids into schools poorly is going to cause a school closure eventually

Reactions: 4
The entire Cabinet is self-isolating and the Dáil has been adjourned for the week

It comes after Health Minister Stephen Donnelly confirmed he's seeking a COVID-19 test after feeling unwell

When you duck up so much on a drunken night out that you don’t want to face the embarrassment of having to explain yourself the next morning.....

I wonder if the drew straws to decide who had the covid symptoms 😐 and to think he spent yesterday on a trampoline and he was fine!!!
a trampoline is far more dangerous, I’m shocked to the core 😐
I could't believe it either 😂 knew you'd like that bit of news ...it was just after the press conference he took ill I thought you put a curse on him :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Our school are doing parents evening next week. I'm surprised they are doing them

• Wow
Reactions: 6

Has anyone heard the rumours of schools closing, starting again? In my most of our classes there's 2-3 positive or isolating....

The R is above 2. There's no decent track & trace and there's not enough tests..... They are 3 of the 5 criteria the govt set out that we had to hit to re-open schools and pubs.....
Where have you seen that the R is above 2? The official government website has it at 1.0-1.2?

Reactions: 2

Above 2 ? it was 1.7 on Sunday according to the Gov adviser ...that's a big leap 🤨

I think schools closing on a national level will be one of the very last measures they would consider this time round.

Reactions: 8
A parents evening and them only back a week ,they'll not have much to discuss 😂
I know 😂 I'm guessing they'll of assessed if any have fallen behind by then so it's to discuss what they are going to do to help

Above 2 ? it was 1.7 on Sunday according to the Gov adviser ...that's a big leap 🤨
That was an Imperial College study, not the government. (And as high as 2.5 up north.)

Government andSAGE also saying 1 to 1.2 at the moment.

Reactions: 3
The R on that covid Zoe app is high in some areas, I noticed today but obviously that isn't the official R from the government. I did wonder if it's a little ahead of the government update? I know they send their data to the government 🤷‍♀️

ETA, I've just checked the app and it isn't ahead of the government update. They last updated the R on the 10th government was the 11th.
I think schools closing on a national level will be one of the very last measures they would consider this time round.
I don't know why and I have no evidence or anything to back this up but I just have a feeling they will make secondary students do 2 weeks in, 2 weeks out or full time at home learning at some point over the next 6 months.
I hope that's not the case and I can't see them doing it again with primary aged kids but just my thoughts.

Reactions: 2
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.